The Last Of Woodlands Centre , A short film tribute.

carloverguy2017

Can get old woodlands to sing this:

1945590.jpg

If you're leaving close the door.

I'm not expecting people anymore.

Hear me grieving, I'm lying on the floor.

Whether I'm drunk or dead I really ain't too sure.

BLK 922 old Yishun bus interchange tear down, you got cry or not?   :XD:  :XD:

Ang Mo Kio bus interchange 22 years ago, 1995

Ang Mo Kio bus interchange 34 years ago, 1983

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbZTmSt5rW4

Those buses back then really bring back memories. Lol. Looks like last time like many double decker buses, and if one bus service using double decker, like full fleet all double decker. Unlike now they like to use mixture of single and double decker on one bus service, very ineffective.

Edited by 13177

Those buses back then really bring back memories. Lol. Looks like last time like many double decker buses, and if one bus service using double decker, like full fleet all double decker. Unlike now they like to use mixture of single and double decker on one bus service, very ineffective.

Actually prior to 1992 before the first air con double deckers came in, SBS has only about 925 double deckers, with average length of about 10 metres and capacity of about 90 people.

Then by the time SBS become SBS Transit in 2001, SBS has about 861 air con double deckers, with average length of about 12 metres and capacity of about 130 people.  

Now the whole Singapore bus fleet, of about 4,000 buses in total, about 2,170 of them are double deckers. This is about slightly more than half of the total fleet. 

Compared to 40 years ago, when the first fleet of 20 double deckers introduced in 1977 by SBS, it marks a significant improvement.

But I do agree with you, more buses has to be double deckers, at least about 90% of the total fleet.

Changi airport bus terminal has to be improvised to become double decker friendly.

• Praise 2

Actually prior to 1992 before the first air con double deckers came in, SBS has only about 925 double deckers, with average length of about 10 metres and capacity of about 90 people.

Then by the time SBS become SBS Transit in 2001, SBS has about 861 air con double deckers, with average length of about 12 metres and capacity of about 130 people.  

Now the whole Singapore bus fleet, of about 4,000 buses in total, about 2,170 of them are double deckers. This is about slightly more than half of the total fleet. 

Compared to 40 years ago, when the first fleet of 20 double deckers introduced in 1977 by SBS, it marks a significant improvement.

But I do agree with you, more buses has to be double deckers, at least about 90% of the total fleet.

Changi airport bus terminal has to be improvised to become double decker friendly.

Changi airport bus terminal all at basement, dont think they can operate double decker ever. The most silly bus terminal in airport i have ever seen. Anyway, i dont find double decker is slightly more than half of the total fleet here, cause seems like majority of the bus services run on single decker, esp sbs like 70% of the fleet are single decker. Find LTA very poor planning on bus deployment.

Supercharged

I remember a Chinese temple in Bt Merah was demolished to make way for Bt Merah Swimming Complex. Some months after the bulldozers moved in, the MP kenna heart attack and mati. 

Edited by Kklim
  • Praise 1

I remember a Chinese temple in Bt Merah was demolished to make way for Bt Merah Swimming Complex. Some months after the bulldozers moved in, the MP kenna heart attack and mati. 

Really? Who was the MP?  :o

Changi airport bus terminal all at basement, dont think they can operate double decker ever. The most silly bus terminal in airport i have ever seen. Anyway, i dont find double decker is slightly more than half of the total fleet here, cause seems like majority of the bus services run on single decker, esp sbs like 70% of the fleet are single decker. Find LTA very poor planning on bus deployment.

It's just that the bus services you take happen not to be able to support double deckers, not the numbers fault.

Woodlands Bus Interchange (before current renovation) was also underground, but can accommodate double decker leh.

It's all about planning.

• Praise 1

Woodlands Bus Interchange (before current renovation) was also underground, but can accommodate double decker leh.

It's all about planning.

Planning is bad at airport for bus terminal.

It's just that the bus services you take happen not to be able to support double deckers, not the numbers fault.

I didnt mean the bus services i take not able to support double decker. What i meant is some bus services like 70-80% run on single decker and only about 10-20% is double decker, wonder what is the purpose of such deployment?

I didnt mean the bus services i take not able to support double decker. What i meant is some bus services like 70-80% run on single decker and only about 10-20% is double decker, wonder what is the purpose of such deployment?

Not enough demand for all double deckers fleet.

Peak hours maybe include a few double deckers to manage the peak hour crowds, bit I think it is extra work for the planners to decide which bus for the right time. Just get more double deckers. [furious]

Planning is bad at airport for bus terminal.

Indeed.  [thumbsdown]

They could have made the bus terminal at T3 double decker friendly which they don't.

And then make modifications in the bus terminals in T1 and T2 to be double decker friendly. 

Not enough demand for all double deckers fleet.

Peak hours maybe include a few double deckers to manage the peak hour crowds, bit I think it is extra work for the planners to decide which bus for the right time. Just get more double deckers. [furious]

Indeed.  [thumbsdown]

They could have made the bus terminal at T3 double decker friendly which they don't.

And then make modifications in the bus terminals in T1 and T2 to be double decker friendly. 

Cant understand 1 or 2 double decker during peak hours got any difference in managing the crowds or not? Seriously those planners have problem in their planning. Overall they just cant be bother in improving our public transport, thats why they did not modified bus terminals at airport. 

↡ Advertisement