Renting a car in SG and drive to Johor

Aquanark

Hi,

thinking of renting a car in SG and drive to Johor for a short family trip. Anyone care to share some advice?

e.g. which rental co.? need to buy additional insurance to cover the vehicle being stolen? things to look out for when renting?

Thanks in advance.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hi,

thinking of renting a car in SG and drive to Johor for a short family trip. Anyone care to share some advice?

e.g. which rental co.? need to buy additional insurance to cover the vehicle being stolen? things to look out for when renting?

Thanks in advance.

If you are a new driver. Most companies will charge you additional $20/day or more.

Going to JB will also at least additional of $30/day or more.

Goin to KL and above will be more..

many car rental still rent at same rate as in Singapore, plus additional $20-$50 per day, depend on which states of msia you are going. That amount will cover the insurance.

If you are a new driver. Most companies will charge you additional $20/day or more.

Going to JB will also at least additional of $30/day or more.

Goin to KL and above will be more..

think up to melaka is $20.

You can check out Tribecar. It is basically a hourly based car rental company. I used it a lot last time.

Disclaimer: I don't work for Tribecar neither do I receive any benefits from them by recommending the name here. Just sharing my own experience.

Hi,

Thanks in advance.

Hi, nowadays got a lot of transportation services by JB operators that comes to SG for pickup and then bring them around in JB for a fee. Would that be more feasible in your case as you have family? Or if not too troublesome, can consider renting in JB too. Cheaper but slight inconvenience of crossing the border by Bus first.

• Praise 3

Dear all,

Appreciate all feedbacks. You are right, There is an additional $20-$30 per day charge if driving to JB.

I did read in this forum about bad experiences when renting from small time rental companies. The pro is of course cheaper rental.

Con is i guessed depends on your luck when you return the car. It's anybody guess.

If i rent from Hertz or Budget, the quality is top but high rental rate.

Anyone knows any local car rental co. which is honest and offers competitive rates with good experience? 

Thanks.

↡ Advertisement