Western Australia a place to go to as per advised by members

Honker

Intend to take domestic flight to Hobart. That ferry takes a day to get there I heard.

can take overnight ferry, reach in early morning   [thumbsup]

Edited by Jman888
↡ Advertisement

can take overnight ferry, reach in early morning [thumbsup]

Ty. Will check it out this option

Pebble-Point.jpg

Nice?

Don't tell me you stayed in this one before??????

Don't tell me you stayed in this one before??????

Yup... quite an experience...  camp fire and bbq at night... day time makan at small town...  tasmania dont have this type... found this along great ocean road... called pebble point.

• Praise 1

Yup... quite an experience... camp fire and bbq at night... day time makan at small town... tasmania dont have this type... found this along great ocean road... called pebble point.

Wow! Amazing experience. Thank you. May include this one on my list, my wife going to love it.

Did you climb it.

I climbed high enough so that the missus could take a photo of me.

Maybe 3m off ground. [laugh]

Haha... me too, no guts, climb abit for photo nia then gostan liao  [laugh] .

I really enjoy the various Pemberton nature parks, with all those giant karri trees, really impressive, plus the cool weather of course.

oh... dang... thought that was you! lol 

i think melb AND tasmania you have ALOT of ground to cover...   abt 5~6 days for melb...  abt 3~4 days for tasmania... 8 days for both is abit tight imo.... coz u need to factor in taking the ferry ...  

Not a bit tight.. It's virgin tight.. lots of driving and left with little time to enjoy the place itself.. Unless @honker just wanna touch ground and leave.. Otherwise do spare a couple of days more for a more relaxing trip. I personally spent 5 days in Tassie while I was on summer break during Uni days. so I guess 10-12 days would be a nice and relaxing trip.. But of cos with more days, expenses will go up north as well. So @honker needs to balance finances and trip.

Edited by Buadongdong

I drove Great Ocean road before... still wondering what's so great about it! Maybe I didn't drive far enough beyond Port Campbell. [laugh]

The scenery is so so, there are many other better roads like Taiwan east coast, road to Milford Sound etc.

Must be winter then good. Then i took heli to view on top

haha been pestering my wife to go Melb and Great Ocean Road sometime... she studied in Melb so travelled there many times but i've always wanted to go...

Mel and GOR rocks.

I love it.

Mel is amazing. Best of everything

• Praise 1

Mel and GOR rocks.

I love it.

I'm a nature lover. Where do you think Mel has to offer for this? Any advice?

Just finished these 2 pages. Rottnest rocks!

https://watravelblog.com/fremantle/rottnest-island/

Hamelin Bay Stingrays feeding and touching

https://watravelblog.com/attractions/hamelin-bay-stingrays/

Mel and GOR rocks.

I love it.

thats why its labelled as the most livable city in the world... 

• Praise 1

I used to live in Perth for couple of years and its really nice for retirement lifestyle.

Get a 4WD and head to the sand dunes for fun

WA is so huge largely unexplored in the Kimberly region especially. Most tourist just head to Perth and the South west for holidays..

Mel and GOR rocks.

I love it.

If you live here long enough, you'll say it's SHIT.. but overall still better than SG  [laugh]

If you put behind all the politics and infrastructure projects and just focus on the lifestyle, agree that Melb is better

Just spent a week in Perth and the SW with the kids.

Took a RAV4 from the airport.

First 5 days in Perth City doing the usual big mart shopping.  Their essentials and toys are really cheap, Dri Fit Shirts for like AUD8????

Stayed at a AIRBNB and we cooked everyday.

Lego which is already cheap is on huge discounts at BIG W and Target

As per TS did the Caversham Park, and they got lots of huge playgrounds for kids in suburbs if you are keen to drive out a little.

Did strawberry picking too. A whole large carton box for AuD10. Pick as much as u want provided you can finish them.

I saw a "No Birds" white estima family at the above 2 places, wonder if you are here too.

King's Park is amazing as well. Bought a dozen Oysters and picnic while the kids hit the playground and play with the ducks.

Then off to Margaret River we went. Stopped in Bunsbury Farmers Market to top up on Steaks, Sausages, Cheese, Crackers and Fruits and Veg.

I only saw Vineyards in MR the past few times but this round we decided to do a farmstay.

Google Four Elements Farm Stay.  Its amazing. Nice clean chalets with cooking facilities. You get to pick the eggs in the morning, feeds the chickens, goats, sheep and the horse. Marion fishing in the evening. The kids just didn't want to leave after 3 days. They were really sad to leave the animals. 

We did horseriding too in MR - Google Jester Flats. They take you on a 1 - 1.5hr ride into the trails on horseback. You ride yourself. Even my 5 year old girl could do it on a full grown horse, "not pony".

Way more worth it than that 1 minute thing you pay for at our Zoo.

To top it up you get a glass of wine and hotbread once you are done.

The rest of MR was usual, choc factory, cheese stop, Yahava coffee and a winery - Femoy to get their famous Sauvignon Blanc. We stumbled upon this brewery - Colonial Brewery Co. which had a massive playground and lots of running space for your kids. 

We ended the trip with a final Big Mart shopping at Cockburn Central otw back to the airport.

An amazing trip which I would do with my kids again.

• Praise 5

Haha... me too, no guts, climb abit for photo nia then gostan liao  [laugh] .

I really enjoy the various Pemberton nature parks, with all those giant karri trees, really impressive, plus the cool weather of course.

If anyone hasn't seen karri trees then the sleepers in the mrt line between yio chu kang and yew tee are cut from karri trees. :D

Google Four Elements Farm Stay.  Its amazing. Nice clean chalets with cooking facilities. You get to pick the eggs in the morning, feeds the chickens, goats, sheep and the horse. Marion fishing in the evening. The kids just didn't want to leave after 3 days. They were really sad to leave the animals. 

do you mean marron fishing.

they are like small lobsters but from fresh water.

you usually need a license to fish for them.

great eating though but expensive.

do you mean marron fishing.

they are like small lobsters but from fresh water.

you usually need a license to fish for them.

great eating though but expensive.

haha yup pardon the spelling, typing this on my first day back at work. :mellow:

The lake belongs to the owner of the farm. 

After catching them the kids get to pick them up and throw them back in.

They din end up in our stomachs though.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1