Ways to keep children mentally fit

Lmws214

Thought of sharing these. Tried it before, quite good.

During the school holidays, these are some way to keep our children mentally fit:-

a) solve puzzles (word/jigsaw) and conduct simple experiments

b) have fun with art and craft

c) engage in outdoor and physical activities

d) have good quality sleep (try to sleep by 1030 pm)

e) connect with what they like to eat (healhier kind of food such as greens)

anyone else can share on this please? 

cheers

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

During the school holidays, these are some way to keep our children mentally fit:-

cheers

1030 is too late for preschoolers. unless they napped some significant time during the day.

our daily target is about 10 hrs a day minimum. if they can sleep longer, i would be happy

A, B, C, E should be daily activity if possible

Edited by Lala81

1030 is too late for preschoolers. unless they napped some significant time during the day.

our daily target is about 10 hrs a day minimum. if they can sleep longer, i would be happy

A, B, C, E should be daily activity if possible

Taking down notes.... Doctor advise must listen.

• Praise 2

Taking down notes.... Doctor advise must listen.

Infants should be targeting 14 hrs a day

<2, at least 12 hrs

up to primary school, at least 10-12 hrs

primary school i would aim for 9-10

8 minimum for sec school and JC (but this part is where the kids never follow the lao peh's instructions liao  [laugh])

Parents coming home late after work, by the time u do a proper bedtime routine, it's already 930-10pm for a lot of parents

Less TV and mobile. More books and crafts. Spend quality time together. Sleep well.

Actually... this should be an everyday affair.

Hoping the new year is less stressful.

• Praise 1

Less TV and mobile. More books and crafts. Spend quality time together. Sleep well.

Actually... this should be an everyday affair.

Hoping the new year is less stressful.

Crafts is the one that really requires effort.

Only my wife has the patience to do it, i have no inclination. I only try to revise with my girl the yamaha class lesson stuff twice a week.

• Praise 1

cheers

You don't seem to share any of your personal experience. You just post tons of facts and dan share....nothing.

Yeah, sure. Cheers.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1

You don't seem to share any of your personal experience. You just post tons of facts and dan share....nothing.

Yeah, sure. Cheers.

I kick start the thread for all to buzz and share. Hope it is ok w u Sir

if they are in secondary school already , and u saw their face in the gong cha Q .

- their allowance and make sure they work part time every holiday

I kick start the thread for all to buzz and share. Hope it is ok w u Sir

So tell us how do you make your children eat the greens that you want them to eat?

Yeah, sure. Cheers.

Is aid I tried some before. Seems that you are against me. Sorry that I stated this thread but u seem not to very like what I started Sir. Sharing my opinion

So tell us how do you make your children eat the greens that you want them to eat?

One bowl of greens then they get to drink their favourite soup. I have four kids. To share. Tried n tested.

Is aid I tried some before. Seems that you are against me. Sorry that I stated this thread but u seem not to very like what I started Sir. Sharing my opinion

One bowl of greens then they get to drink their favourite soup. I have four kids. To share. Tried n tested.

Why am I against you?? I dunno who you are, do I?

I just point out what's obvious. You did say "share" and obviously "share" includes you.

Dan you have it easy. You have four kids and non of them resisted. How great is that? Coz no matter how I tried I can never get my kids to eat greens even tempting them with their fav soft drinks. I have Googled for solutions but they still wouldn't eat greens. I'm sure many parents share the same difficulty.

Why am I against you?? I dunno who you are, do I?

I just point out what's obvious. You did say "share" and obviously "share" includes you.

Dan you have it easy. You have four kids and non of them resisted. How great is that? Coz no matter how I tried I can never get my kids to eat greens even tempting them with their fav soft drinks. I have Googled for solutions but they still wouldn't eat greens. I'm sure many parents share the same difficulty.

Really depends on how much resolve u have to get things done.

my kids don't get to leave the table if they don't finish their vegetables (usually broccoli or carrots) or meat.

My girl is a picky eater and ultra stubborn, so often she eats the carbs finish and leave the ingredients until later.

I've let her finish her lunch at 8pm at night (after she fell asleep in between). Really how u want to do things.

My son not much issue.

Eating outside, finish the undesirables first before u can eat french fries etc.

Edited by Lala81

It is al about battle of the mind and will power. Have to be persistent. Don’t give in. Conditioning of their minds. They will eat the greens. Sharing.