Is college admission too competitive?

Lmws214

Some thoughts to ponder and do share please.

These days entry to JCs to do "A" levels are so competitive that many are scoring like single digit. In my opinion, it is very scary where the students nowadays are so clever and so competitive, to some extent, becomes unhealthy as it leads to certain level of self-centredness. Do you think so?

Even for PSLE scores, students are like quite common that they score like very high (240-260) compared to my days in the 1970s. 

Cheers and thank you.

↡ Advertisement

These days entry to JCs to do "A" levels are so competitive that many are scoring like single digit. In my opinion, it is very scary where the students nowadays are so clever and so competitive, to some extent, becomes unhealthy as it leads to certain level of self-centredness. Do you think so?

Even for PSLE scores, students are like quite common that they score like very high (240-260) compared to my days in the 1970s. 

Cheers and thank you.

nowadays is so much easier to get into JC or Poly as the number of Poly and JCs has increased in the number over the years. 

I don't think its competitive at all. 

As for PSLE scores, 240 to 260 is not very high even compared to my days in the 1980s. Its just normal score. 

My brother, sister and myself all score between 240 to 260 in PSLE, also ended up in neighborhood secondary schools as we used to stay beside a neighborhood secondary school. 

Nothing much to ponder about. 

nowadays is so much easier to get into JC or Poly as the number of Poly and JCs has increased in the number over the years.

I don't think its competitive at all.

As for PSLE scores, 240 to 260 is not very high even compared to my days in the 1980s. Its just normal score.

My brother, sister and myself all score between 240 to 260 in PSLE, also ended up in neighborhood secondary schools as we used to stay beside a neighborhood secondary school.

Nothing much to ponder about.

240 to 260 is not high ? Sure boh? To me is very high and very difficult to get leh. Lol. Edited by Ingenius

Cheers and thank you.

What choice do they have given that this society is so paper qualifications driven to determine success? 

Unless you are a risk taker and wants to be an entrepreneur, but then it just take competition to a higher level in the adult age group, in this small and highly competitive market

risk taker and wants to be an entrepreneur made it in life with little or no paper qualifications.

Risk taking is indeed very essential. 

Be willing to try out new ideas/challenges.

thanks for sharing DACH

What choice do they have given that this society is so paper qualifications driven to determine success? 

Unless you are a risk taker and wants to be an entrepreneur, but then it just take competition to a higher level in the adult age group, in this small and highly competitive market

↡ Advertisement