Vios returns to BM in 2018

Defcon

Seems like BM recent change of their MD. Change the decision of bring in basic spec toyota. Now they start to bring model with better safety spec.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Seems like BM recent change of their MD. Change the decision of bring in basic spec toyota. Now they start to bring model with better safety spec.

This is a positive step for Borneo here. The new 7 seater harrier will also be very interesting. Hopefully their pricing will be more attractive when compared to rivals
  • Praise 1

Quite true on the interior but what I donât like about Attrage is that the price quoted is inclusive of $5k discount for trade in car so if u donât have a car to trade in like my nephew who is a first timer, the Attrage will cost $5k more.

Some ADs like Hyundai n Honda dont insist on trade in cars whilst others like Nissan will still give discount(maybe not the full but close to it) if u can proof that u do not own a car. This makes a big difference for first timers n even those shopping for 2nd car.

No need to trade in also can get the additional 5k discount I brought my friend to Mitsubishi where the SE told us he can waive if my friend could commit in the spot. In the end after test drive, my friend bought an Elantra instead. Lol. Edited by Ivan_06
  • Praise 1

It looks like this Vios will put some strain on its own sibling, the Altis, and of course, City and Mazda 2,3!

Yes, quite significantï¼

i think Toyota means to cater to different markets for Vios and Altis. people will still buy both, although if Vios is good then will take some business away from Altis...

yes, the new MD was the one who announced the CHR and also Supra!!!

i think it's a global decision really and probably also partly to improve their market share from the PIs.

Toyota and Honda is aiming to make all their cars in developed market come with full safety features. in USA, some models come with driver assistance tech as standard across the range

But of course in SEA, we get the crappy products lol. 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

3e9aed0e16367abc4677b5667dded84d3c9d7ac5

https://www.toyota.co.th/yarisativ/

Different engine capacity, this is an entry model for this region Yaris Ativ and sits below Vios. Marketed as Vios here :a-panic:

Correct. This isn't the really the current facelifted Vios selking in Thailand and China at the moment. The interior is more Yaris than Vios, check the dashboard. The engine is a mere 1.2litre churning 86hp. Hopefully the interior is as roomy as the current Vios to outsell the Mitsubishi Attrage.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/auto/sedans/1341467/toyota-yaris-ativ-1-2-s-2017-review

• Praise 2

don't look that impressive to me. For this price I'll go for elantra or K3. 

If the new vios priced well, should have many people buy since it is a toyota. if not it will be killed off like the current vios which no one would buy, since people would opt for altis instead of vios. Anyway, for this price, i believe many people would still go for vios than korean cars, cause people still trust toyota. Lol.

• Praise 2

If the new vios priced well, should have many people buy since it is a toyota. if not it will be killed off like the current vios which no one would buy, since people would opt for altis instead of vios. Anyway, for this price, i believe many people would still go for vios than korean cars, cause people still trust toyota. Lol.

The original vios which was released in 2005 was a best seller. Though the interior is quite cramped, it made up for its excellent century sprint and fc.. I used to own one from. 2006 to 2015.. Haha but manual one lah.

Dafansu was one of the very active VOGS moderator back them. Keke.

Edited by Ivan_06
  • Praise 2

The original vios which was released in 2005 was a best seller. Though the interior is quite cramped, it made up for its excellent century sprint and fc.. I used to own one from. 2006 to 2015.. Haha but manual one lah.

Dafansu was one of the very active VOGS moderator back them. Keke.

Back in 2005 era, the vios was priced right in the market, thats why it was so popular. The design of the vios also not bad. And back then the altis was "upsized" and looks fat, so many people would rather buy vios than altis. Lol. But after a while, people get used to the "fat" altis, and also vios pricing was too close to altis, and the 2007 onward vios design also looks ugly, then not many people interested in vios anymore.

Edited by 13177
  • Praise 2

Back in 2005 era, the vios was priced right in the market, thats why it was so popular. The design of the vios also not bad. And back then the altis was "upsized" and looks fat, so many people would rather buy vios than altis. Lol. But after a while, people get used to the "fat" altis, and also vios pricing was too close to altis, and the 2007 onward vios design also looks ugly, then not many people interested in vios anymore.

Back then the price difference between vios and Altis also 10k. But vios was selling at 50k vs 60k for Altis.. Lol it's like 20% difference based on price of Vios.

Best seller back then.. Manual century sprint is 9.8s. Not bad.

7 airbags for a vios, not too shabby.

BM finally brings in cars that makes sense and worth every cents.  :D  :D  :D

• Praise 1

Correct. This isn't the really the current facelifted Vios selking in Thailand and China at the moment. The interior is more Yaris than Vios, check the dashboard. The engine is a mere 1.2litre churning 86hp. Hopefully the interior is as roomy as the current Vios to outsell the Mitsubishi Attrage.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/auto/sedans/1341467/toyota-yaris-ativ-1-2-s-2017-review

BM is selling the 1.5L, likely to use back the current Vios engine. Should be a peppy ride since the body is pretty light.

BM is selling the 1.5L, likely to use back the current Vios engine. Should be a peppy ride since the body is pretty light.

Yes that's quite likely. Hope they will bring in the 1.2l engine to get some ves rebates. It will be very competitive if prices are around +-79k with 10k ves rebate.

Back then in 2005 to 2006, you can register a manual gear basic spec Vios for 54k include COE. That explains why it is so popular .
  • Praise 3

Back then the price difference between vios and Altis also 10k. But vios was selling at 50k vs 60k for Altis.. Lol it's like 20% difference based on price of Vios.

Best seller back then.. Manual century sprint is 9.8s. Not bad.

Back then vios got sell at $50k so cheap ah? I remember vios pricing was around $65k in 2004. And $55k during that era can only buy accent.

Back then vios got sell at $50k so cheap ah? I remember vios pricing was around $65k in 2004. And $55k during that era can only buy accent.

Yes in 2006,49,888 with 12k coe. The cheapest in 2006-2008 was 43k. Even Nissan sunny got 38k includes coe back then. Avante 38k. Lol Edited by Ivan_06

Yes in 2006,49,888 with 12k coe. The cheapest in 2006-2008 was 43k. Even Nissan sunny got 38k includes coe back then. Avante 38k. Lol

2005 to 2009 was the golden age to buy bread and butter cars. For a budget of 55k to 65k, your choices are really wide. Plus at that time, 100% financing was possible.

It is very unlikely the era will be repeated.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1