Vios returns to BM in 2018

Defcon

Dont know if vios got curse or what? Eversince vios launched here back in 2003, vios only popular in 2004 only. Still remember that time everyone seems to own that vios during that era.

Many cars improved in term of design, specs n features over the yrs. This give ppl better options.

But if Vios G is priced at $68k+ then they might stand a chance to be popular again.

↡ Advertisement

the SE would have already pre-empt you when you sign on the contract that delivery is nov/dec.

mai kancheong.

Yup, the SE did preempt me when I sign, but it didn’t feel so long at that time haha.

For some reasons, Vios only barely manage to get $0 VES. Which means to say, even at $78k, it is still cheaper than Elantra if VES doesn’t exist.... i guess Vios won’t be able to compete at price until they somehow manage to get at least $10k VES rebate, maybe for the next version of Vios....

I am deciding between Elantra (lowest trim variant) and Vios 1.5E. Any feedback on these 2 cars?

Edited by Roh96

I am deciding between Elantra (lowest trim variant) and Vios 1.5E. And feedback on these 2?

Elantra will be a better choice. 

• Praise 1

I drove a used Kia Forte before, on the 6th, 7th year onward and above 130k km mileage. Things started failing. Fuel guage, steering bushing, vibration, FC creeping up. I don't encounter these on my old Honda with higher mileage. That's why I am abit skeptical on Korean make. I hope they have improved over time.

Elantra will be a better choice. 

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Just checking, do BM normally takes 2-3 months to deliver the car?

Haha my first time buying a car, and feeling quite impatient now.

Bought the car in end-Sept and COE already secured, but expected delivery of car still Nov/Dec.... Any chance it will come earlier?

You bought the car end-sept, BM will submit order to TMAP (toyota motors asia pacific), TMAP will submit order to Toyota Thailand, Toyota Thailand will then submit order to their Vios plant to build a Vios with English words for Singapore market. This will probably take a month. Come November, freshly made Vios will make it's way to the port, ready to ship out. From there, will slowly sail it's way to Borneo Motors New Vehicle Delivery Centre at West Coast Park. Not sure you want to collect your Vios from there or at usual showroom.

On top of that, they use this time frame to bid COE to maximise their profits. Now you know why always wait 3 months. It's like that since 10 years ago.  :ph34r:

• Praise 1

End of the wait, you will get one of the most reliable sedan in Singapore. Altis is the best if your budget allows. No regrets waiting one.

You bought the car end-sept, BM will submit order to TMAP (toyota motors asia pacific), TMAP will submit order to Toyota Thailand, Toyota Thailand will then submit order to their Vios plant to build a Vios with English words for Singapore market. This will probably take a month. Come November, freshly made Vios will make it's way to the port, ready to ship out. From there, will slowly sail it's way to Borneo Motors New Vehicle Delivery Centre at West Coast Park. Not sure you want to collect your Vios from there or at usual showroom.

On top of that, they use this time frame to bid COE to maximise their profits. Now you know why always wait 3 months. It's like that since 10 years ago.  :ph34r:

On top of that, they use this time frame to bid COE to maximise their profits. Now you know why always wait 3 months. It's like that since 10 years ago. :ph34r:

Wow!!! That’s a very detailed explanation, thanks!!

I drove a used Kia Forte before, on the 6th, 7th year onward and above 130k km mileage. Things started failing. Fuel guage, steering bushing, vibration, FC creeping up. I don't encounter these on my old Honda with higher mileage. That's why I am abit skeptical on Korean make. I hope they have improved over time.

I booked the Vios E grade at 70k in Sep 18 although Elantra basic was offering more features at 72k.

But utimately, I booked the Vios E grade for Toyota's reliabilty. At present, I am working in Taiwan and I had personally experienced the reliability of Toyota. Almost everyone owns a Toyota and you can see a lot of old Toyotas on the road compared to Korean make cars.

Turbocharged

I booked the Vios E grade at 70k in Sep 18 although Elantra basic was offering more features at 72k.

But utimately, I booked the Vios E grade for Toyota's reliabilty. At present, I am working in Taiwan and I had personally experienced the reliability of Toyota. Almost everyone owns a Toyota and you can see a lot of old Toyotas on the road compared to Korean make cars.

By the same argument, someone working in South Korea will say likewise for Hyundai.  [laugh]

Toyota in Taiwan are mostly made locally for their domestic market. Not sure the built quality is any better than Thailand. http://www.kuozui.com.tw/

Never go wrong with a Toyota, it’s a tough built reliable car. I own a jap made Toyota previously, good but boring light on the pocket

I drove a used Kia Forte before, on the 6th, 7th year onward and above 130k km mileage. Things started failing. Fuel guage, steering bushing, vibration, FC creeping up. I don't encounter these on my old Honda with higher mileage. That's why I am abit skeptical on Korean make. I hope they have improved over time.

Similar experience. I got my new Forte 2009 Nov. I used it until Jun 2018 - 8.5 years (160k km).

5 years under warranty repairs:

- 2 x Windshield cracked (seems initial batches fault).

(2nd time it happened, CnC refused to even check for me; when I called, they asked me claim insurance. Luckily my insurance covered.)

- 2 x rack and pinion due to steering giving loud squeaking sound( about 2nd year and 4,5th year)

- 4th year 1 x bushing change due to suspension giving loud knocking sound

On 7.5th - 8.5 year, 150k km onward, spent more than $4000 on repair in less than 1 year:

- 7.5th year - ECU

- 8th year -  aircon compressor

- 8.5th year-  gasket -old leak

- 8.5 th year - alternator

+ May lost days of use due to CnC could not diagnose correctly

Fault never repaired:

- steering giving loud squeaking sound (likely rack and pinion)

- suspension giving loud knocking sound

- Fuel consumption creeping up

Gave up the car. Gotten a Toyota. Hopefully it is as reliable and easy maintenance as the brand claimed to be.

For now, I find Toyota ride definitely much better- quieter cabin, quieter engine, comfortable suspension, spacious, easier to drive,  good ergonomic, less stressful and less tiring driving long distance.

It could be shorten if BM wants. I ordered my Toyota end May. Gotten COE 1st round Jun. The car registered 18 Jun. When I checked Manufacturing Date: Jun 2018(sticker plate at passenger door).

Well, maybe factory less order that time. Or maybe they want to buy time so if COE goes high, they could bid few rounds to maximize profit.

• Praise 1

Yup, the SE did preempt me when I sign, but it didnât feel so long at that time haha.

For some reasons, Vios only barely manage to get $0 VES. Which means to say, even at $78k, it is still cheaper than Elantra if VES doesnât exist.... i guess Vios wonât be able to compete at price until they somehow manage to get at least $10k VES rebate, maybe for the next version of Vios....

Elantra and accent also don't have VES.

Thats a possibility. They just take in all the vios orders and then ask Toyota Thailand to manufacture in nov onwards

I don't think so.

Back in 2006 I still remember the SE told me black need to wait for next shipment while grey immediate registration after coe bidding in two weeks.

I choose black then.

Similar experience. I got my new Forte 2009 Nov. I used it until Jun 2018 - 8.5 years (160k km).

5 years under warranty repairs:

- 2 x Windshield cracked (seems initial batches fault).

(2nd time it happened, CnC refused to even check for me; when I called, they asked me claim insurance. Luckily my insurance covered.)

- 2 x rack and pinion due to steering giving loud squeaking sound( about 2nd year and 4,5th year)

- 4th year 1 x bushing change due to suspension giving loud knocking sound

On 7.5th - 8.5 year, 150k km onward, spent more than $4000 on repair in less than 1 year:

- 7.5th year - ECU

- 8th year -  aircon compressor

- 8.5th year-  gasket -old leak

- 8.5 th year - alternator

+ May lost days of use due to CnC could not diagnose correctly

Fault never repaired:

- steering giving loud squeaking sound (likely rack and pinion)

- suspension giving loud knocking sound

- Fuel consumption creeping up

Gave up the car. Gotten a Toyota. Hopefully it is as reliable and easy maintenance as the brand claimed to be.

For now, I find Toyota ride definitely much better- quieter cabin, quieter engine, comfortable suspension, spacious, easier to drive,  good ergonomic, less stressful and less tiring driving long distance.

Yours is 150k km.

Bro Ron96 130k km.

Problems starts surface one after one on Korean car.

So drive high mileage avoid Korean car?

Any bros got any more live examples care to share?

Or anyone drive jap car also face similar issue after high mileage care to share?

I don't think so.

Back in 2006 I still remember the SE told me black need to wait for next shipment while grey immediate registration after coe bidding in two weeks.

I choose black then.

↡ Advertisement