Vios returns to BM in 2018

Defcon

wonder any bro here who success bid their COE in Oct get their car yet? Just check with SE and so far still no confirm date yet.. Seem like a bit funny as i assume car order shipment shall be a big thing and how come no confirm date yet... finger cross

I got my coe on 2nd round Sep. Next week collecting. Waited about 2 months.

New model already out . Too bad you pay so much for old model

Sure it's great. New car leh

Is there a new model for Vios?

What do you mean that he paid so much for an old model?

I think the price he got it was 69988 during Sep 18 which is lower than current price.

Is there a new model for Vios?

What do you mean that he paid so much for an old model?

I think the price he got it was 69988 during Sep 18 which is lower than current price.

As of now, it's low. Once the jan 2019 quota comes, price will be lower

New model already launched and sold in Malaysia. Just In case you dun know

It’s the same model lah. Just add bodykit etc.
  • Praise 3

Yup, just bodykit (i.e appearance) slightly different. Doesn’t affect the ride etc. And when it comes to appearance, it’s a matter of personal preference....

No one knows for certain if COE will rise or fall. If one can predict accurately, maybe can change job and work in the car industry le ;)

Hi Roger,

Is this the new Vios that you are referring?

I thought this is the same as what Borneo Motors is selling now?

The one Borneo Motors is selling now is Toyota Vios (3rd Gen), which is the same generation as the one in that video.

However, the Vios in the video has undergone facelift for the Malaysia market, and may or may not be brought into Singapore by BM.

Great! How's the ride so far?

So far it’s been great! Interior feels roomy and I like the small turning radius which makes parking etc easier.

Fuel consumption roughly 13.5km/l, which is quite bad compared to hybrids..... makes me kind of wonder if I should have gotten Honda Fit hybrid instead for roughly the same price. But compared to Honda Fit hybrid which I’ve tried before, Toyota Vios feels much better.

Tested the new Vios E last month as a possible replacement for our 10 yr old Gen 2 Vios G. 

What a difference! 
So much quieter! I never got on with the central instrument binnacle of the Gen 1 and Gen 2 Vios so this was so much better. 

CVT was smooth but dulled the drive as expected. Did not like the beige cloth interior of the base car. The G model looked much better in black leather but cost significantly more. 

Went with the Swift instead as wife wanted a small car but I think the new Vios is a very logical choice for a economical family car... and now with the benefit of a much quieter cabin from before. 

As for the Fit Hybrid option- my colleague booked one and is now waiting for her 6th COE bidding... PI really doesn't seem keen to fulfill her order. She's now car-less as her old car COE expired. Yeah she waited too late but did not expect to have to wait so long. Regrets not going with an AD car. Lesson learned I guess.

Edited by Hotnyh
  • Praise 3

Hi all,

Just collected my Vios E today.

I have a question on the rear lights. How is it supposed to look like when the headlights are fully on?

For me, only the external rear lights are lighted up. The lights on the boot were not lighted up at all. Is this normal?

Edited by yong48
↡ Advertisement