Vios returns to BM in 2018

Defcon

Hi all,

Just collected my Vios E today.

I have a question on the rear lights. How is it supposed to look like when the headlights are fully on?

For me, only the external rear lights are lighted up. The lights on the boot were not lighted up at all. Is this normal?

You tried stepping on the brakes with the lights on and see if it lights up?
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

You tried stepping on the brakes with the lights on and see if it lights up?

Yes I did. Same, only the external rear lights were lighted up when the brakes was stepped.

Those lights on the boot were not lighted up.

• Praise 1

Tested the new Vios E last month as a possible replacement for our 10 yr old Gen 2 Vios G. 

What a difference! 

So much quieter! I never got on with the central instrument binnacle of the Gen 1 and Gen 2 Vios so this was so much better. 

CVT was smooth but dulled the drive as expected. Did not like the beige cloth interior of the base car. The G model looked much better in black leather but cost significantly more. 

Went with the Swift instead as wife wanted a small car but I think the new Vios is a very logical choice for a economical family car... and now with the benefit of a much quieter cabin from before. 

As for the Fit Hybrid option- my colleague booked one and is now waiting for her 6th COE bidding... PI really doesn't seem keen to fulfill her order. She's now car-less as her old car COE expired. Yeah she waited too late but did not expect to have to wait so long. Regrets not going with an AD car. Lesson learned I guess.

KM Jazz need to wait for at least 3 months

• Praise 1

Yes I did. Same, only the external rear lights were lighted up when the brakes was stepped.

Those lights on the boot were not lighted up.

U turn on the headlight try, it should light up.
  • Praise 1

U turn on the headlight try, it should light up.

My headlights were on when I tried.

Those rear lights on the boot area we're not lighted up.

For you guys, what is the norm?

Does the boot rear lights light up together with the rear rights or headlight?

If really no answer to your question, the best option is to drive down to service centre

I think you mean the small lights shining onto the rear number plate is it?? You keep saying boot light boot light most ppl will think it's the interior light when you open up your boot lah. 

If your model is the same as the video one, then should be correct won't light up.

Edit, don't know how to insert the YouTube link.

You go youtube find can see your model.

Edited by Wlbwlb

If your model is the same as the video one, then should be correct won't light up.

Edit, don't know how to insert the YouTube link.

You go youtube find can see your model.

I am referring to the circled lights

post-243378-0-76178600-1544614637_thumb.jpg

I thought the red portion is the brakes light while the white portion is the left/right signal lights?

Haha I didn’t check what my rear light does or is it even on. How you check?

I think they only light up when you stepped the brakes.

If you want to check, ask a friend to step the brake pedal and you go to the rear of the car to see.

I think they only light up when you stepped the brakes.

If you want to check, ask a friend to step the brake pedal and you go to the rear of the car to see.

For my vios, It do not light up at all with brakes depressed and headlights fully on.

That is why i am checking with everyone what is the norm for Vios E.

Hi all,

Just collected my Vios E today.

I have a question on the rear lights. How is it supposed to look like when the headlights are fully on?

For me, only the external rear lights are lighted up. The lights on the boot were not lighted up at all. Is this normal?

Brother Yong, when did you place the order? Because I bought the same car, got coe, but no car.

Brother Yong, when did you place the order? Because I bought the same car, got coe, but no car.

Hi Bro, I placed my order in Sep.

What about you?

Early Oct. 4th Oct confirmed COE, estimate delivery put end Nov. SE keep informed no date, no car upon asked, sometimes don’t reply my message. When I called then told me still no car and no date. Can’t believe buy from AD landed me such issue.

Early Oct. 4th Oct confirmed COE, estimate delivery put end Nov. SE keep informed no date, no car upon asked, sometimes donât reply my message. When I called then told me still no car and no date. Canât believe buy from AD landed me such issue.

It's not about AD. It's just that you are dealing with a black sheep of the car industry. Just call them saying you looking for the sales manager n request for a change of SE. then you will have a more pleasant experience

Early Oct. 4th Oct confirmed COE, estimate delivery put end Nov. SE keep informed no date, no car upon asked, sometimes donât reply my message. When I called then told me still no car and no date. Canât believe buy from AD landed me such issue.

Name the se. So all potential buyers here can be aware of him or her. Money not easy to earn. How can let such lousy service earn commission?
  • Praise 1

Heard alot abt bm infamous yaya papaya se attitude.
↡ Advertisement