Vios returns to BM in 2018

Defcon

Back then in 2005 to 2006, you can register a manual gear basic spec Vios for 54k include COE. That explains why it is so popular .

Actually the model that we are getting seems to be a Yaris as some may have mentioned with better specs like 7 airbags, possibly DRL and maybe even climate control? Hard to compare that with a bare vios of the past. The one now may even beat the older generation altis in terms of specs. Not sure if the one that arrives may come with keyless too.

post-29998-0-77694000-1512795544_thumb.png

↡ Advertisement

Back then vios got sell at $50k so cheap ah? I remember vios pricing was around $65k in 2004. And $55k during that era can only buy accent.

My current vios brought at 2007, only 43k and COE only 2.5k, laugh die me compared to now.
  • Praise 3

BM is selling the 1.5L, likely to use back the current Vios engine. Should be a peppy ride since the body is pretty light.

That’s my only worry for the Vios.....light body. It achieves good FC n acceleration mainly cos of this but just worried if it meets the crash standards required. Of course I’m not expecting Conti built standards but it shld at least be on par with Altis body solidity wise??

• Praise 3

That’s my only worry for the Vios.....light body. It achieves good FC n acceleration mainly cos of this but just worried if it meets the crash standards required. Of course I’m not expecting Conti built standards but it shld at least be on par with Altis body solidity wise??

Overall Rating: 5-Star

Frontal Crash Rating: 5-Star

Side Crash Rating: 5-Star

Rollover Rating: 4-Star

Having more airbags is safer.  [pirate]

• Praise 2

Having more airbags is safer. [pirate]

It's good to see Borneo bringing in better specs than the usual 2 airbags of the old. The crash test looks good and structural rigidity is there.

Likely to sell well in 2018 with the right pricing. Vios maintenance likely to be fuss free.

Actually the model that we are getting seems to be a Yaris as some may have mentioned with better specs like 7 airbags, possibly DRL and maybe even climate control? Hard to compare that with a bare vios of the past. The one now may even beat the older generation altis in terms of specs. Not sure if the one that arrives may come with keyless too.

Interior really looks more upmarket.

Cloth seats are standard?

Edited by DACH

BM/TMAP very sly leh, take Yaris to market as Vios...

are they using the same platform?

Basically they are using the same platform for most of the generation.

The Vios/Belta is basically a Yaris with a boot behind, and known as the Yaris sedan in some other markets.

• Praise 1

Yes in 2006,49,888 with 12k coe. The cheapest in 2006-2008 was 43k. Even Nissan sunny got 38k includes coe back then. Avante 38k. Lol

I know there was one time avante selling price was at 38k, but didnt know jap car like sunny and vios also only around 40k! Anyway, this new vios i dont think it will become as popular as in 2005 era la. Based on current coe, people would go for altis.

Having more airbags is safer. [pirate]

Toyota yaris iA in USA is actually the Mazda 2 sedan.

So I this it is unfair to cross read Toyota yaris iA (which is a reskinned Mz2 sedan) crash test to this 'vios'

• Praise 1

Same old E & G model, all has 7 speed box, 7 airbags. Diff is climate, rear discs, rear split seat, rear cup holder, 16 " rims, DLR, nav system, front projector, leather steer with controls, eco/sports mode. All the diff for $5k more.

• Praise 1

Same old E & G model, all has 7 speed box, 7 airbags. Diff is climate, rear discs, rear split seat, rear cup holder, 16 " rims, DLR, nav system, front projector, leather steer with controls, eco/sports mode. All the diff for $5k more.

5k is definitely worth it. Leather or cloth seats for both variants?

5k is definitely worth it. Leather or cloth seats for both variants?

I suspect that E will be cloth seats , just like difference in altis elegance and standard.

Thatâs my only worry for the Vios.....light body. It achieves good FC n acceleration mainly cos of this but just worried if it meets the crash standards required. Of course Iâm not expecting Conti built standards but it shld at least be on par with Altis body solidity wise??

Design more important than heavy chasis. How the structure collapse to dissipate the crash energy is more important than having a heavy body. Just that in a similar crash, a heavier body with a good design is likely to have less physical damage than a lighter body.
  • Praise 1

Jap car ... be sandwich betw 2 big car sure pancake  [grin]  

• Praise 7

Note that some of the local fitted stuff on G can be have on E. Eg rims, leather seats and gps maybe? SE offer leather seats free on E outfront.