Billion Dollar Bus Service Enhancement Program Completed

kdash

i must admit i dont take public transport so often. but my observation is, it is not the hardware that are lacking. improvement should focus on driving skill and services. also, there are simply too many repetitive routes. buses shoukd not be made to switch from left to right within less than 1 km between the last bus stop and the next right turn. 

Repetitive is some routes is necessary esp if people depends on buses to take them to the nearest MRT or there is no MRT within walking distance in that area. If there is only one and only bus service there, it would resulted in overcrowding etc. 

Hello DACH, you are the expert on buses, I need your help. Can you adv me whether all the new buses  on the roads  , with twin axles , does come equip with ISO rims. I have been searching this info for sometimes and also have try checking with some diesel mechanics / tyreman, but apparently no one have any clue.

Hope to hear from you soon. Cheers

Hello DACH, you are the expert on buses, I need your help. Can you adv me whether all the new buses on the roads , with twin axles , does come equip with ISO rims. I have been searching this info for sometimes and also have try checking with some diesel mechanics / tyreman, but apparently no one have any clue.

Hope to hear from you soon. Cheers

They are specifically fitted with ALCOA rims.

https://www.arconic.com/alcoawheels/asia/en/info_page/success_story_bus.asp#Going_Green_On_The_Roads

• Praise 1

Attached flyer from Asahi Tyre Gauge maker showing the difference in design between JIS and ISO truck rims . It's very difficult to inflate the inner tyres of twin wheel axles with JIS rims. With ISO rim , inflation can be achieve via a very long special designed twin chuck ( not the standard 10" long twin chuck).

ISO Tyre chuck for double wheel axle.pdf

He is bus otaku ma. [laugh]

Not otaku.

There are people much crazier than me.

How come DACH like bus so much?

Because I always take bus when young. Since cannot afford cars back then, then observe bus lo.

But now the interest is getting dry and boring. Luckily still have cars to play with.

Not otaku.

There are people much crazier than me.

Because I always take bus when young. Since cannot afford cars back then, then observe bus lo.

But now the interest is getting dry and boring. Luckily still have cars to play with.

Different level of otaku la. Sure to have other people much more crazier than you.  [:p]  What interest is dry and boring now ah?

Different level of otaku la. Sure to have other people much more crazier than you. [:p] What interest is dry and boring now ah?

Bus interest lo.
↡ Advertisement