Billion Dollar Bus Service Enhancement Program Completed

kdash

Supersonic

Yes this one. So all will be gone by this year ah, but the bus that i took condition still quite good le and air-con also very cold. I like the bus interior of this bus, no steps within the bus, no narrow aisle area at the back, no high slope. Only one thing not good about this bus is, steps at door entrance and exit, and no area for wheelchair.

Once 17-20 years lifespans up, all have to go, no matter how good the conditions, just like COE.

If they are still roadworthy and in good condition, they might be exported.

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

These better be double deckers!

LTA to buy 100 3-door buses

https://sbr.com.sg/transport-logistics/news/lta-buy-100-3-door-buses

027f2687.jpg?itok=BD9mQjye

They will be deployed on the road in 2020.

The Land Transport Authority (LTA) called a tender today to purchase 100 three-door buses.

According to an announcement, LTA will purchase 100 three-door buses which will be deployed on the road in 2020. "This will allow LTA to better assess suitability for fleet-wide implementation, and also replace ageing buses in the fleet," it said.

As part of the earlier trials, a three-door double-deck bus was operated by Tower Transit on Service 143 from March to September last year and a three-door single-deck bus was operated by SMRT on Service 190 and Service 901 from June 2017 to January 2018.

LTA noted that commuters welcomed the additional door on the buses as it made boarding and alighting from buses smoother and quicker. "To further improve commuter flows and shorten journey times, LTA will explore feasible improvements to the current bus designs with bus suppliers," the agency said.

According to a previous announcement, LTA worked with two bus operators Tower Transit Singapore (TTS) and SMRT, to conduct the study over a six-month period. Both buses are designed by ST Kinetics and will include user-friendly features such as passenger information display system, USB ports, and wheelchair space.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

These better be double deckers!

LTA to buy 100 3-door buses

https://sbr.com.sg/transport-logistics/news/lta-buy-100-3-door-buses

They will be deployed on the road in 2020.

The Land Transport Authority (LTA) called a tender today to purchase 100 three-door buses.

According to an announcement, LTA will purchase 100 three-door buses which will be deployed on the road in 2020. "This will allow LTA to better assess suitability for fleet-wide implementation, and also replace ageing buses in the fleet," it said.

As part of the earlier trials, a three-door double-deck bus was operated by Tower Transit on Service 143 from March to September last year and a three-door single-deck bus was operated by SMRT on Service 190 and Service 901 from June 2017 to January 2018.

LTA noted that commuters welcomed the additional door on the buses as it made boarding and alighting from buses smoother and quicker. "To further improve commuter flows and shorten journey times, LTA will explore feasible improvements to the current bus designs with bus suppliers," the agency said.

According to a previous announcement, LTA worked with two bus operators Tower Transit Singapore (TTS) and SMRT, to conduct the study over a six-month period. Both buses are designed by ST Kinetics and will include user-friendly features such as passenger information display system, USB ports, and wheelchair space.

They didnt say 100 3 door buses are double decker or single decker? But i guess high chance are more single decker than double decker, cause based on 10 year series they always like to buy single decker.

Supersonic

They didnt say 100 3 door buses are double decker or single decker? But i guess high chance are more single decker than double decker, cause based on 10 year series they always like to buy single decker.

Recent years they bought more double deckers.

3 door single deckers are useless with that little seats.

Supersonic

Recent years they bought more double deckers.

3 door single deckers are useless with that little seats.

They bought more double decker mainly is for SMRT lo, also to replace all their articulated buses. Thats why now when taking SMRT buses, those bus service which deployed with double decker, usually 80-90% are double decker. Whereas for SBS transit, usually you would find alternate mixture of many single decker with double decker, cause seems like SBS transit have lots of single decker purchased decades ago.

Seem like the trend now is to have little seats in buses as well as in MRT, so that they can squeeze in as many people as possible. Taking away almost of all seats is their only solution to solve overloading on buses and MRT. 

Supersonic

They bought more double decker mainly is for SMRT lo, also to replace all their articulated buses. Thats why now when taking SMRT buses, those bus service which deployed with double decker, usually 80-90% are double decker. Whereas for SBS transit, usually you would find alternate mixture of many single decker with double decker, cause seems like SBS transit have lots of single decker purchased decades ago.

You are wrong.

The percentage of double deckers in SBST is still higher than SMRT.

If we don't take BSEP into the picture, SBST has actually bought more than 1,500 new Volvo double deckers for the past years, plus about 200 older ones that was already half of their lifespans or waiting to scrap. SMRT actually bought about 330 new double deckers only.

I was taking a bus from Eunos to Hougang, waiting for either SBST service 25 or SMRT

service 854. Since I was eating, I took my time to wait. 3 SBST 25 double deckers and 2 SMRT 854 single deckers and 1 bendy came at the span of about 40 mins. In the end, took the 3Rd service 25 double decker.

Supersonic

You are wrong.

The percentage of double deckers in SBST is still higher than SMRT.

If we don't take BSEP into the picture, SBST has actually bought more than 1,500 new Volvo double deckers for the past years, plus about 200 older ones that was already half of their lifespans or waiting to scrap. SMRT actually bought about 330 new double deckers only.

I was taking a bus from Eunos to Hougang, waiting for either SBST service 25 or SMRT

service 854. Since I was eating, I took my time to wait. 3 SBST 25 double deckers and 2 SMRT 854 single deckers and 1 bendy came at the span of about 40 mins. In the end, took the 3Rd service 25 double decker.

Maybe depends on which bus service. For service 67 and 190, i see more double decker than single decker. Then i wait for service 107, there are more single decker than double decker. They seems to like to alternate one double decker, two single decker and then one double decker in some bus service for SBS transit. Another example is service 153.

Supersonic

Maybe depends on which bus service. For service 67 and 190, i see more double decker than single decker. Then i wait for service 107, there are more single decker than double decker. They seems to like to alternate one double decker, two single decker and then one double decker in some bus service for SBS transit. Another example is service 153.

67 and 190 are high demand services. 67 still have some single deckers but not much for 190.

107 and 153 are not so high demand services.

74, 196, 7, 23, 147 are some services that has almost full double decker fleet.

Supersonic
(edited)

67 and 190 are high demand services. 67 still have some single deckers but not much for 190.

107 and 153 are not so high demand services.

74, 196, 7, 23, 147 are some services that has almost full double decker fleet.

If they find some bus service is not so high demand, then why the need to have double decker le? I find it doesnt make any sense by having a few double decker running when majority are single decker. I even see some bus service only have 1-2 double decker and the rest all are single decker, wonder why such arrangement?

Anyway, service 190 no longer as high demand as before since they have improved the bus interval and opening of DTL. Many times you can see many of these service 190 buses are empty and half-filled, maybe only the morning peak are high demand. Whereas service 67 still consider high demand since this bus go to many places.

Edited by 13177

Supersonic

If they find some bus service is not so high demand, then why the need to have double decker le? I find it doesnt make any sense by having a few double decker running with majority are single decker. I even see some bus service only have 1-2 double decker only and the rest all are single decker, wonder why such arrangement?

Certain timings have very high demands, so bring in a fee double deckers to support.

Another reason is not enough double deckers.

However now LTA call the shots, so keep on complaining to them.

Supersonic

Certain timings have very high demands, so bring in a fee double deckers to support.

Another reason is not enough double deckers.

However now LTA call the shots, so keep on complaining to them.

Keep on complaining to LTA and LTA also keep on replying the same reply to you. And the issue drag and drag for donkey years without improving or solved?! This has really happened before in real case. Lol.

Supersonic

Keep on complaining to LTA and LTA also keep on replying the same reply to you. And the issue drag and drag for donkey years without improving or solved?! This has really happened before in real case. Lol.

Keep whacking them lor.

I said before, if they don’t act, include PMO email addresses inside the email.

Supersonic

Just for the record....you guys impressed me with your knowledge on the bus sector.... [thumbsup]

Because bro Dach is bus otaku ma.  [:p]

Keep whacking them lor.

I said before, if they don’t act, include PMO email addresses inside the email.

I think when you feedback to LTA, they have their own feedback portal le, cannot include others email inside the feedback form. Unless you really separately write an email to them without using their feedback form.

only double decker needs 3 door lah, one dedicated for passengers coming from upper deck.

I was scratching my head where is the 3rd door.... :D

st_20170314_vnbus3_3004095.jpg

only double decker needs 3 door lah, one dedicated for passengers coming from upper deck.

Supersonic

Because bro Dach is bus otaku ma. [:p]

I think when you feedback to LTA, they have their own feedback portal le, cannot include others email inside the feedback form. Unless you really separately write an email to them without using their feedback form.

I don't use that feedback portal.

It's not interactive.

I directly shot them with email.

st_20170314_vnbus3_3004095.jpg

The second door is very wide, so considered as one door.

Supersonic
(edited)

3 doors bus, wonder if the second door width is smaller than normal bus rear door since it is like one door divided into 2 doors?

I don't use that feedback portal.

It's not interactive.

I directly shot them with email.

The second door is very wide, so considered as one door.

Directly shot them with email or through their feedback portal, isnt your feedback go to the same group of people in LTA?

Edited by 13177
↡ Advertisement