Billion Dollar Bus Service Enhancement Program Completed

kdash

Just for the record....you guys impressed me with your knowledge on the bus sector.... [thumbsup]

You dont take bus one mah
↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

Recently took this double decker volvo B10TL, the seat cushion is quite comfy, seat also looks bigger le, despite the bus look old. So much better than the volvo B9TL double decker. I guess this B10TL buses should be due to scrap soon?

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Recently took this double decker volvo B10TL, the seat cushion is quite comfy, seat also looks bigger le, despite the bus look old. So much better than the volvo B9TL double decker. I guess this B10TL buses should be due to scrap soon?

Another 2 years.

Supersonic

Another 2 years.

Not bad still have 2 more years. Wonder why they do not have such similar type of comfy seat cushion for the newer buses?

Supersonic
(edited)

Not bad still have 2 more years. Wonder why they do not have such similar type of comfy seat cushion for the newer buses?

All standardized from the seats way from TIBS buses.

All use Vogelsitze brand seats.

Edited by DACH

Supersonic

All standardized from the seats way from TIBS buses.

All use Vogelsitze brand seats.

From TIBS buses? You mean the current buses seats?

Supersonic

From TIBS buses? You mean the current buses seats?

Copy the trend la. Not reuse.

Wi-Fi to be available on 18 SBS Transit bus services from February 2019
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/sbs-transit-bus-wifi-access-for-passengers-february-2019-10929040

SINGAPORE: Commuters travelling on SBS Transit buses in areas like Bukit Merah, HarbourFront and Shenton Way will have access to Wi-Fi from February 2019, said the bus operator in a news release on Wednesday (Nov 14).

"Come February 2019, free Wi-Fi will be made available on board 300 buses which serve the 18 SBS Transit bus services that are part of the Bukit Merah Bus Package," said SBS.

These bus services include: 

5, 16, 57, 93, 120, 121, 122, 123/123M, 131/131M, 145, 160, 170, 195, 198, 272, 273, 400 and 402.

This move is part of SBS Transit's "continuous commitment to enhance commuters' travelling experience", said SBS Transit CEO Gan Juay Kiat.

"We are leveraging on technology to boost our service quality as well as increase the accessibility and availability of information for commuters," Mr Gan added.

Other new features include touchscreen and digital feedback panels that will be installed at the Bukit Merah and HarbourFront bus interchanges from Nov 18.

These panels will provide access to travel information like bus departure times and delays, and will allow commuters to provide immediate feedback on the bus interchanges' facilities.

These are part of the Bukit Merah Bus Package committed obligations, said SBS.

There will also be other features at the two bus interchanges, including: Mobile device charging points, umbrellas that commuters can borrow for free on rainy days, and television screens to display information on community events and activities.

Quarterly commuter chat sessions will also be held to listen to feedback from commuters, added SBS.

Have to wait until next Feb then have free WIFI on these buses ah?! Not a bad enhancement move on buses, but i still rather they improved on their crowded buses during peak hours.  [rolleyes]

Anyway, the other day i spotted one Volvo double decker bus running on the road, have never see before, think should be a new model? Did they bought any new Volvo double decker bus?

Edited by 13177

Anyway, the other day i spotted one Volvo double decker bus running on the road, have never see before, think should be a new model? Did they bought any new Volvo double decker bus?

NPNT

NPNT

I recap the bus i saw, should be Volvo B8L if i remember correctly.

This one seems to be the newest Volvo double decker bus they have.

↡ Advertisement