Now ADs cannot void your warranty!

Othello

I had to stick with C&C for 5 years cos of the warranty in which the AD "reminded" me a few times when I went for my normal servicing at that time.

This is really good as sometimes their servicing is just tooooooooooo exp.

C&C charges $150 for a tyre that could be purchased for $80 at outside tyre shops, and $60 for an aircon filter that could be purchased at $18 for an OEM part .

They also recommend tyre rotation at 5,000km interval, when the industry norm is 10,000km.

Absolute rip off  [crazy]  

That's very true. AD has to claim back from factory.

I think there will be fine prints, warranty seals, clauses and t&c

we got to be fair to the ADs too, if someone mod their car, independent workshop forgotten to fill engine after oil change, we shouldn't expect AD to swallow the shit

chromebook-ssd-replacement-04.jpg

• Praise 2

I think there will be fine prints, warranty seals, clauses and t&c

we got to be fair to the ADs too, if someone mod their car, independent workshop forgotten to fill engine after oil change, we shouldn't expect AD to swallow the shit

chromebook-ssd-replacement-04.jpg

Wait for the amended wording before taking next course of action.

ADs has to make sure that factory pay them for warranty claims.

The wordings is sweeping statement.

that is why I am not so excited

It's not that hard for AD to get factory to pay. It's whether they want to or not. I ever went in for warranty claim, during testing the tester said he feel another part also spoiled, so he also ordered it in for replacement.As long as they willing to help sure no problem one...

if ADs reduce the warranty period from the current 3 years 5 years to 1 year because of this

I think we also LLST

Edited by Phang
  • Praise 1

Whether to allow warranty claims or not, it is up to AD & factory.

CCS can say change warranty clause.

CCS can't stop AD & Factory from voiding warranty claims.

It is a LPPL situation

Not too optimistic at the moment like you
  • Praise 1

car price shd go up cos AD make less from expected servicing.... Customer Lifetime Value reduces... marketing stuff... CLV

I agreed. Ghost fur grow on goat body. Someone bound to pay the cost for servicing outside. Who?

BTW didn't managed to read through the 5 pages. However about PI? I still need to go back world auto for another 1 1/2 year. Sigh.

Think one likely scenario is AD reducing the warranty period, while offering competitive servicing package with promises of better quality? Sure got ppl go back to them.

Interesting development.

Think ADs will have to come up with some strategies to entice people to come back to them for servicing. If not sure lose money.

This is good news right? Like that they are forced to do something to be competitive as now they are also going to fight with outside workshop people Lao. Good what..

I dont like the oil used by ADs. Would prefer my own workshop too.

Actually even if I got free 5yrs serving, I may still want to go to outside workshop service as sometimes outside workshop service and knowledge is a lot better then their own car service centre.

The ADs wont be so dumb lah.

So instead of making money from the servicings, they can / would shift the money making part elsewhere.

This may lead to more expensive cars or a lower level of discounts etc.

This is good news right? Like that they are forced to do something to be competitive as now they are also going to fight with outside workshop people Lao. Good what..

• Praise 1

Interesting development.

Think ADs will have to come up with some strategies to entice people to come back to them for servicing. If not sure lose money.

Just mark up new car price or give less discount but offer 3/5 yrs free servicing in that way AD still earn...

Let say the workshop does not only include singapore. More business for JB workshop/AD'workshop?

It sounds like good news to many people.

But we have to see the next developments of what ADs and outside workshops will do to take advantage of the new situation.

Let;s just hope this will make AD servicing more competitive, as in more value to cost, shorter waiting times and better service quality.

Those driving Mazda cars may benefit due to long waiting times for their car servicing.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2