EZBUY (Taobao) Shipping Woes

Mustank

why they say ezbuy sell the item at higher price?  thought you surf from taobao then ask them to ship on behalf? 

Singapore-based ezbuy's founder accuses Taobao of bullying, Alibaba responds
PUBLISHED DEC 9, 2017, 8:28 PM SGT UPDATED DEC 10, 2017, 12:24 AM
Lydia Lam

SINGAPORE - The founder of Singapore-based online shopping platform ezbuy.sg has engaged in a war of words with Alibaba's founder and president Jack Ma, accusing the e-commerce giant of "bullying" behaviour after more than a thousand accounts on ezbuy were frozen.

ezbuy had issued a statement on Friday (Dec 8) saying that more than 300 purchasing accounts, which were used to place orders on popular Chinese e-commerce website Taobao, faced technical restrictions early this month.

ezbuy uses these accounts to place orders on other sites such as Alibaba-owned Taobao on behalf of customers. However, it was unable to place orders and check out successfully.

ezbuy said more than 1,000 such accounts have been blocked to date. It has been unable to resume its Taobao Buy-For-Me service, which allows buyers to purchase items from global websites through ezbuy.

ezbuy said it had been facing this issue since Nov 4, when it launched a 11.11 campaign - China's version of Black Friday on Nov 11, when stores roll out massive sales on the occasion called Singles' Day.

On Friday night, ezbuy founder He Jian posted an open letter to Mr Ma on Chinese social media platform WeChat accusing Taobao of bullying a smaller player.

Mr He introduced himself as an engineer who started a platform in 2010 with a few partners in Singapore. This platform became ezbuy.

In his letter, Mr He asked Mr Ma if the latter could explain why the accounts had been blocked from purchasing around Singles' Day.

"I hope that we, these ants on the Internet, will at least be able to shout our grievances and not just be bullied by anyone," wrote Mr He.

In response, Alibaba Group issued a statement on its Taobao website on Friday saying ezbuy's act of creating accounts to buy items from Taobao and reselling them was an act of scalping, which it does not tolerate and will penalise.

A spokesman for Alibaba said such acts severely damage both consumers' and sellers' rights, disrupts normal business transactions and perpetrators should be penalised.

"We have followed regulations and carried out the corresponding punishments as appropriate for such acts," said Alibaba, referring to the freezing of ezbuy's purchasing accounts.

"As ezbuy company described in its open letter, the over 1,000 accounts that placed several orders at one go under a single address, reselling them at a higher price, has long breached the regulations of a daigou," wrote Alibaba. "This is a typical case of scalping behaviour."

Daigou is a Chinese term that refers to a third party acting as a channel to buy goods on behalf of a buyer, generally shipping from China to other countries.

ezbuy had said in its statement that the purchasing accounts that were frozen had been "actively operating for several years, without any issues before Nov 4, 2017".

It said that its intention is "for customers to enjoy access to millions of products and make things easier and convenient for everyone".

"We started the Buy-For-Me service for China to help customers in Singapore to buy from Taobao and several other e-commerce platforms in early 2010," wrote ezbuy. "On a rough estimate, we have delivered hundreds of millions of orders to customers in Singapore for the past seven years and have contributed a significant amount to Taobao's business."

It added that its "only wish" was for the freezing of its purchasing accounts to be lifted so it can resume the Buy-For-Me service to its customers.

Other than China, ezbuy also allows customers to buy items directly from overseas online stores based in Korea, Malaysia, Taiwan and the United States.

• Praise 2

why they say ezbuy sell the item at higher price?  thought you surf from taobao then ask them to ship on behalf? 

they convert to sgd mah.

the conversion rate can earn money.

some items are already auto populated liao. u can search on ezbuy itself.

this is very tough for ezbuy, their main business and financial cashflow is totally disrupted.

i suspect TB did this because the conversion of lazada to a TB affiliate is not working out cos of lazada's inherently CMI search engine and too many confusing listings.

Wow. I'm begining to suspect that TB is preventing me from shipping out items to the Ezbuy ship-4-me address.

i think many purchase from 11.11 not been sent due to these suspended accounts, can ask for refund liao.

WTF. There's definitely no mistake. everytime i try to ship to the Ezbuy ship-4-me address, i cant check out and they claim that is because the site is busy. No wonder i haven't been able to buy anything since 11/11  [crazy]  [mad]

i think many purchase from 11.11 not been sent due to these suspended accounts, can ask for refund liao.

no this is my own items i'm buying. I've only used ezbuy as a 3rd party forwarder. They don't purchase for me.

• Praise 1

WTF. There's definitely no mistake. everytime i try to ship to the Ezbuy ship-4-me address, i cant check out and they claim that is because the site is busy. No wonder i haven't been able to buy anything since 11/11  [crazy]  [mad]

no this is my own items i'm buying. I've only used ezbuy as a 3rd party forwarder. They don't purchase for me.

pro-tip: delete the address and re-enter. don't copy paste. or add a full stop somewhere in the address.

• Praise 2

bro,

ezbuy warehouse in china already under TB "Radar".

any item sending to ezbuy warehouse will have this problem.

ezbuy fast hand fast leg, change few warehouses address, too bad TB found it and block all transaction to ezbuy address

pro-tip: delete the address and re-enter. don't copy paste. or add a full stop somewhere in the address.

thanks sista!

bro,

ezbuy warehouse in china already under TB "Radar".

any item sending to ezbuy warehouse will have this problem.

ezbuy fast hand fast leg, change few warehouses address, too bad TB found it and block all transaction to ezbuy address

Yeah but dont give me the crap about the website unable to process cos of high demand right. It's not even they tell me, please kindly change to our forwarder.

I really thought there was a TB error with my cart items since 11/11.

11/11 i thought it's really too busy, then i went on holiday, now i want to check out the items in my cart. Tried several times since morning then i realised something is off.

but honestly, don't use for china if you can lah unless completely not urgent.

i think i'll switch to the official forwarders liao lor like that.

But some of the stuff i buy are bit odd sized and bulky. Those children tents etc etc.

I better withdraw my money from the ezbuy account.

Ezbuy woes lead to surge in business for its competitors

SINGAPORE – Ezbuy’s competitors have seen a surge in business, with some reporting new customer sign-ups numbering in the thousands since the e-commerce firm’s problems first surfaced in November.

SGshop, Peeka, and Oops – agents who also purchase from e-marketplace Taobao – are all seeing a huge wave of customers joining them. Taobao agents work as middlemen to communicate with the merchant on behalf of customers, as well as make payment and ship products to the customers.

The firms told TODAY that a majority of these customers are from Ezbuy.

they are just 2nd in line lah. No different if TB can identify them.

Just that ezbuy is the biggest one in SG.

Ezbuy woes lead to surge in business for its competitors

SINGAPORE – Ezbuy’s competitors have seen a surge in business, with some reporting new customer sign-ups numbering in the thousands since the e-commerce firm’s problems first surfaced in November.

SGshop, Peeka, and Oops – agents who also purchase from e-marketplace Taobao – are all seeing a huge wave of customers joining them. Taobao agents work as middlemen to communicate with the merchant on behalf of customers, as well as make payment and ship products to the customers.

The firms told TODAY that a majority of these customers are from Ezbuy.

But some of the stuff i buy are bit odd sized and bulky. Those children tents etc etc.

if not huge sum just wait lor. i doubt they have time to entertain all the withdrawal requests now. they still have a small chance of surviving if they play this game right.

I realized that official forwarders like 4PX have limitations if the item is marked by Taobao to be restricted for sale in China only.

Alot of car parts/tools and accessories are restricted this way. Some like watch wrist bands also got restricted.

I realized that official forwarders like 4PX have limitations if the item is marked by Taobao to be restricted for sale in China only.

Alot of car parts/tools and accessories are restricted this way. Some like watch wrist bands also got restricted.

more pro-tip: top left hand corner on mobile, change 全球 on 中国大陆. you'll find that some things suddenly can access. not all, but at least got hope.

• Praise 1

Have always shopped in that way. But when it comes to check out time, that's when they will tell you which items are restricted for shipping via their official forwarder.

Have to use 3rd party ones eg.Oops since the "final destination" for the item will be in GuangZhou instead of Singapore.

more pro-tip: top left hand corner on mobile, change 全球 on 中国大陆. you'll find that some things suddenly can access. not all, but at least got hope.

• Praise 1

just like Amazon Prime SG, once taobao established bigger base using lazada, these 3rd buying house/ shipping all will soon be blocked.

↡ Advertisement