Hit and Run at MSCP

Nutty

Why we say hit and run? Everybody run meh.

I thought own video recording not necessarily can be presented as evidence and may not be acceptable by courts as such unless there is proof that it is not doctored.

A real situation. Victim had video recording of accident but 1. Date and time stamp on the video was not set correctly, 2. Courts asked victim to get professional assessor that video had not been tempered with. In the end it was cheaper and quicker to drop claim.

I believe there are people out there who knows how to game the system.

I believe that "hit & run" is the layman term used to describe a situation where one causes damage or hurt to a third party, but does not turn up to shoulder the responsibility or work out a resolution with the third party - hence "running" from the responsibility. Not literally run - surely this is not lost on you?

Own video recording is admissible in present day if all timestamps are accurate and the entire video is unedited. There are cases where the investigating officers have also requested for the original media where the video was recorded to verify. 

In the situation you have described, the onus is on the cam owner to ensure that all the settings are accurate. Are we expecting TP to "kio" our "sai" for us? Since he/she was unable to perform due diligence, it is inevitable that more work is required in order to verify so as to be fair for all parties. If the "victim" had a case, then he/she would not have to worry about costs and time taken.

Just my humble tuppence.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Drag, even with obvious video footage?

Coz the culprit denied? or engaged lawyers to fight?

My insurer workshop mentioned they will get back to me in 7 working days. Fingers crossed till then.

I supposed need to do a hit and run report.

My neighbor car got kanna hit and run but I provided video.

The vehicle which was a lorry was seize and the company cry father cry mother on the phone ..

The initial part was my neighbor called the company to say the lorry hit the car. The reply from the company was no such thing.

When TP seize the vehicle, he called my neighbor say why make matter so big.

• Praise 1

Wah. Wait for him/her to appear then confront la. Buay paiseh siol the person.

I reckon that would be pointless. Since due process has been initiated, just let it run its course. No point confronting the person when he/she does not even respond to a simple note request for communication.

"There are cases where the investigating officers have also requested for the original media where the video was recorded to verify. "

In that case, should I "lock" the file on my memory card so that it will not be overwritten? Possible to do so?

I believe that "hit & run" is the layman term used to describe a situation where one causes damage or hurt to a third party, but does not turn up to shoulder the responsibility or work out a resolution with the third party - hence "running" from the responsibility. Not literally run - surely this is not lost on you?

Own video recording is admissible in present day if all timestamps are accurate and the entire video is unedited. There are cases where the investigating officers have also requested for the original media where the video was recorded to verify. 

In the situation you have described, the onus is on the cam owner to ensure that all the settings are accurate. Are we expecting TP to "kio" our "sai" for us? Since he/she was unable to perform due diligence, it is inevitable that more work is required in order to verify so as to be fair for all parties. If the "victim" had a case, then he/she would not have to worry about costs and time taken.

Just my humble tuppence.

I wanted to give her an opportunity to contact me for private settlement.

72 hrs liao. Even if she contacts me now, I will just ignore. Let insurer do their job.

It's a minor bumper respray job. not too serious. Could have settled with $120 to $150, I reckon.

I reckon that would be pointless. Since due process has been initiated, just let it run its course. No point confronting the person when he/she does not even respond to a simple note request for communication.

"There are cases where the investigating officers have also requested for the original media where the video was recorded to verify. "

In that case, should I "lock" the file on my memory card so that it will not be overwritten? Possible to do so?

Depending on the model of your camera, most present-day car cameras will auto-lock and prevent erasure of "IMPACT" videos. That's why a regular format is needed as the memory is progressively locked up by locked videos.

That's what I know from my previous car cameras.

HTH

I see. No wonder Thinkware occasionally prompts me "Regularly format memory card to protect data integrity".

Learnt something today.  [thumbsup]

Depending on the model of your camera, most present-day car cameras will auto-lock and prevent erasure of "IMPACT" videos. That's why a regular format is needed as the memory is progressively locked up by locked videos.

That's what I know from my previous car cameras.

HTH

I supposed need to do a hit and run report.

My neighbor car got kanna hit and run but I provided video.

The vehicle which was a lorry was seize and the company cry father cry mother on the phone ..

The initial part was my neighbor called the company to say the lorry hit the car. The reply from the company was no such thing.

When TP seize the vehicle, he called my neighbor say why make matter so big.

this kind of case, dont care, just let TP handle the issue. the company was not sincere in admitting to the accident anyway. 

By the way, is it useful if I try to contact the gentleman who saw the incident to be my witness?

i only managed to capture his face when he left the note on my windscreen. I got no other information.

There are driver whom park their car like the road belong them. E.g a quarter of the car protruded out from the parking lot. The kind of parking is inviting others to try their luck not to hit them.

If hitted, base on root cause, whose fault ?

There are driver whom park their car like the road belong them. E.g a quarter of the car protruded out from the parking lot. The kind of parking is inviting others to try their luck not to hit them.

Still your fault, if can’t drive without manoeuvring such menial issue then it’s better not to drive. Not moving car you bang then on the road how? Edited by uniquely_ad
  • Praise 2

Twincharged

Isn't the root cause the driver that can't avoid a stationary object?

Then u can consider to change another insurance company. Which insurance company?

That time was under AIG. Now changed to NTUC already.

• Praise 3

When I report accident claim to AXA, he says the other party needs to report before they can access the damage and start ordering parts to repair. This is despite me having clear video.

Having video has great advantage that is you can let it go viral until offender surrender.

• Praise 1

I see. No wonder Thinkware occasionally prompts me "Regularly format memory card to protect data integrity".

Learnt something today. [thumbsup]

it also mean the memory card is wearing out, time to change new one.....mine also prompt this error till I swap in a 128gb card...then it keep quiet liao lol

Darn. So if other party didn't report, nothing will be done?

Is yours also hit n run?

When I report accident claim to AXA, he says the other party needs to report before they can access the damage and start ordering parts to repair. This is despite me having clear video.

Having video has great advantage that is you can let it go viral until offender surrender.

Erm... mine is only about 6 months old.  [crazy]

it also mean the memory card is wearing out, time to change new one.....mine also prompt this error till I swap in a 128gb card...then it keep quiet liao lol

Yes TS should post the video here.  [thumbsup]

:D

• Praise 1

Darn. So if other party didn't report, nothing will be done?

Is yours also hit n run?

Erm... mine is only about 6 months old.  [crazy]

yup the provided card was only 16gb i get that message after 6 mths which get even more just about a year later......i think it depends on the card quality also 

↡ Advertisement