Hit and Run at MSCP

Nutty

Lol don't "get an inch, want a foot" ah.

But in all honesty, that bugger damn irresponsible. Got video evidence still can siam so long. 

i believe he's joking  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

Workshop just called.

The other party's insurer requested me to drive down to the workshop for the surveyor to assess the damage.

Damn troublesome. :blink:

It is normal.

If 3rd party, you can rent the same version of car n claim the rental. Same category. If civic 1.6. Then can take toyota 1.6.

I dunno can claim man hour cost or inconvenience or not

(edited)

Just came back from workshop for the surveyor assessment.

Can claim

- bumper respray

- PPS

- replacement vehicle

Cannot claim

- petrol

- taxi fare

- parking fee

- "inconvenience" cost

Edited by Nutty

Just received a letter from TP.

"We have completed our investigations which revealed that the driver of XXXXXXX had committed the following offence:

(i) Careless Driving under Rule 29 of the Road Traffic Rules

Action has been initiated against the driver for the said offence"

Keyword here is initiated, not taken. [dizzy]

Calling my workshop now to see what they can do.

wah ....my case last year was action has been "taken" against the driver ....

Just came back from workshop for the surveyor assessment.

Can claim

- bumper respray

- PPS

- replacement vehicle

Cannot claim

- petrol

- taxi fare

- parking fee

- "inconvenience" cost

claim loss of use better $$$, mine was I send in my car workshop ask their surveyor come and survey.....no need I drive to their workshop

Ya, I also noted the use of words. "initiated" vs "taken". LOL.

I noticed the bugger's vehicle had been parked at the same lot at the MSCP for several days liao.

Maybe she sibeh sian now, no mood to drive.

Actually, I lagi sian. Bo dai bo chee gotta go thru all these hassle.

Private settlement would have been easier.

wah ....my case last year was action has been "taken" against the driver ....
claim loss of use better $$$, mine was I send in my car workshop ask their surveyor come and survey.....no need I drive to their workshop

Don't complain. Yours considered good already. I reported some chap and they said this...

I refer to the police report dated 24 Dec 2014 against xxx 6883 x.

Please be informed that appropriate action has been taken against the driver.

Twincharged

Don't complain. Yours considered good already. I reported some chap and they said this...

I refer to the police report dated 24 Dec 2014 against xxx 6883 x.

Please be informed that appropriate action has been taken against the driver.

Usually that is the letter I get after they say that action has been initiated ma. So maybe urs was so fast they didn't even bother to send the letter to say action has been initiated. Another situation where you will get the appropriate action letter is when you reported an offence but you were not a victim.

Ya, I also noted the use of words. "initiated" vs "taken". LOL.

I noticed the bugger's vehicle had been parked at the same lot at the MSCP for several days liao.

Maybe she sibeh sian now, no mood to drive.

Actually, I lagi sian. Bo dai bo chee gotta go thru all these hassle.

Private settlement would have been easier.

It's hassle.

But it's what you want, right?

Workshop just called.

The other party's insurer requested me to drive down to the workshop for the surveyor to assess the damage.

Damn troublesome. :blink:

Only takes 10-15 min to access and take pictures. Worth it to get your bumper looks new again.

Very worth it to claim against the bugger. Ask for a replacement vehicle when you are there so you can continue to drive when you repair the car.

• Praise 1

Possible to claim the following against the bugger as well?

- Petrol cost (for driving to workshop at least 3 times)

- Parking cost (workshop has carpark gantry)

- man-hour cost (for taking time off/leave) [laugh]

- Taxi cost (for leaving the car at the workshop and collecting the car once fixed)

Get a replacement car if claim from insurance
  • Praise 1

I witnessed a hit & run on 13 Jan at my MSCP as well. The culprit simply walked away like nothing happed.  Unfortunately I don't  have a pen in my car. 

After so many days I still cannot locate the victim a silver Toyota SJG7150Z,you  probably cannot seek recourse  on the culprit  but at least you know who is the idiot who hit your car

• Praise 1

I witnessed a hit & run on 13 Jan at my MSCP as well. The culprit simply walked away like nothing happed. Unfortunately I don't have a pen in my car.

After so many days I still cannot locate the victim a silver Toyota SJG7150Z,you probably cannot seek recourse on the culprit but at least you know who is the idiot who hit your car

Now got pen and paper?

Just write down on a few sheets of paper and stick it at the staircase, notice board and lift landing. Sure to get the notice of the car owner.

Actually I already wrote a note after I reach home that afternoon and even walk around the carpark a few occasions hoping to 'find' the car, but no luck.  The note is still inside my car LOL

I was thinking of putting up on the notice board too...  I should not publicize the culprit carplate number right?   What do you guys think?

Edited by Bezbee

Actually I already wrote a note after I reach home that afternoon and even walk around the carpark a few occasions hoping to 'find' the car, but no luck.  The note is still inside my car LOL

I was thinking of putting up on the notice board too...  I should not publicize the culprit carplate number right?   What do you guys think?

post here on MCF and we will help to look out for the culprit car  [sly]

Actually I already wrote a note after I reach home that afternoon and even walk around the carpark a few occasions hoping to 'find' the car, but no luck. The note is still inside my car LOL

I was thinking of putting up on the notice board too... I should not publicize the culprit carplate number right? What do you guys think?

Just go ahead and post the culprit car plate number, time and venue of the incident.

Cannot let them go Scot free.

Coz next victim could be YOU.

Just go ahead and post the culprit car plate number, time and venue of the incident.

Cannot let them go Scot free.

Coz next victim could be YOU.

After that day, I only parked on single lot, :grin: even if I have to go up a few levels... don't want to take chance with such lousy driver around my neighborhood  

↡ Advertisement