• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
233 replies to this topic | 778 praises

Posted 15 December 2017 - 09:06 PM

dcb
  • Premium member
    dcb
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Need to change some lighting stuffs for the house. Any good electrician to recommend?

1 Anonymous member praised this
Hyundai Accent 2003, Honda GD1 Jazz 2004, Honda GE6 FIT 2008, Volkswagen Polo 6R 2012, Mazda 2 DJ Deluxe 2015............

Posted 15 December 2017 - 09:16 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888

I am not sure what is the market rate, I asked one that I found from Gumtree.

they came to take out the 3 old ceiling lights and install the new ones I bought. $40 each light for their service.

but I won't recommend the one I engaged [laugh] they are not that bad but probably 80% of my expectations [sweatdrop]

Edited by Jman888, 15 December 2017 - 09:17 PM.

骑白马的不一定是王 ,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 15 December 2017 - 09:18 PM

dcb
  • Premium member
    dcb
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Wah $40 for each ceiling lights changed seems rather expensive. However good guideline bro Jman888

I am not sure what is the market rate, I asked one that I found from Gumtree.

they came to take out the 3 old ceiling lights and install the new ones I bought. $40 each light for their service.

but I won't recommend the one I engaged [laugh] they are not that bad but probably 80% of my expectations [sweatdrop]

Hyundai Accent 2003, Honda GD1 Jazz 2004, Honda GE6 FIT 2008, Volkswagen Polo 6R 2012, Mazda 2 DJ Deluxe 2015............

Posted 15 December 2017 - 10:37 PM

Lmws214
  • Premium member
    Lmws214
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Look for Ah Peng.
He works for an electrician wiring company. He did my lighting points wiring for my flat. They may provide bulb changing services. His mobile is :- ‭+65 9653 3308‬
dcb and 1 Anonymous member praised this
Cheers,

Posted 16 December 2017 - 09:26 PM

dcb
  • Premium member
    dcb
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Will give Peng a call. Thanks. [thumbsup]

Look for Ah Peng.
He works for an electrician wiring company. He did my lighting points wiring for my flat. They may provide bulb changing services. His mobile is :- ‭+65 9653 3308‬

Posted 17 December 2017 - 06:56 AM

Othello
  • Premium member
    Othello
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Yes, best to find all these workers that do freelance outside working hours. 

What exactly do you need to do ? 

"O, devil, devil! If that the Earth could teem with woman's tears, Each drop she falls would prove a crocodile. Out of my sight!" (Act IV Scene I)

Posted 17 December 2017 - 07:21 AM

Victor68
  • Premium member
    Victor68
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

By right, you should engage one with licence. This is to ensure the installation is properly done for safety.

https://www.ema.gov....ed_Workers.aspx

By left, simple work can engage someone who really have enough experience. use the correct cable size, connect properly with good insulation, protected with the right mccb rating, wiring done with good mechanical protection.

Do be careful. [;)]

Posted 17 December 2017 - 08:06 AM

dcb
  • Premium member
    dcb
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Change the existing T5 bulbs in my cove light to LED T5 bulbs.

What exactly do you need to do ? 

Posted 17 December 2017 - 08:21 AM

Aristotle
  • Aristotle
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Let me know how much they charge you. Am also thinking to do the same. Also cove ceiling lights

Posted 17 December 2017 - 08:21 AM

UncleAtas
  • Premium member
    UncleAtas
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Your home high ceiling? Need long ladder?

Refer to signature guidelines

Posted 17 December 2017 - 08:23 AM

Colin03
  • Premium member
    Colin03
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Need to change some lighting stuffs for the house. Any good electrician to recommend?

Hi Bro,

You can give this guys a call for a Quote -->

Ahmad 96948309

Sam 83168324

Rex 86301299

Ricky 97369196

Posted 17 December 2017 - 08:47 AM

dcb
  • Premium member
    dcb
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Standard 5 room HDB flat

Your home high ceiling? Need long ladder?

Posted 17 December 2017 - 08:57 AM

UncleAtas
  • Premium member
    UncleAtas
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

If its just swapping bulbs to LED. Should be easy. Cove lights u just pull out as it's just on a clip..

Refer to signature guidelines

Posted 17 December 2017 - 09:53 AM

Aristotle
  • Aristotle
    5th Gear
    Author Image

If its just swapping bulbs to LED. Should be easy. Cove lights u just pull out as it's just on a clip..

I tried DIY, and some LED lights didn't light up. Also the terminal points are slightly different. So, for me getting an electrical expert to come in to take a look at my current setup will be the best option

Posted 17 December 2017 - 10:25 AM

Jman888
  • Jman888

that was mine concern too, I bought some LED ceiling light from JB and thought of changing myself, open the cover and give up [laugh]

pay $40 each for them to dismantle and install with some drilling, etc. At least I dun get killed [sweatdrop] [laugh]
骑白马的不一定是王 ,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 17 December 2017 - 11:23 AM

Othello
  • Premium member
    Othello
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

By right, you should engage one with licence. This is to ensure the installation is properly done for safety.

https://www.ema.gov....ed_Workers.aspx

By left, simple work can engage someone who really have enough experience. use the correct cable size, connect properly with good insulation, protected with the right mccb rating, wiring done with good mechanical protection.

Do be careful. [;)]

Yeah, but it'll cost an arm and 2 legs!

Should be plug and play. Look at yourT5 lamp fitting. If its 2 hole power socket, just get back 2 hole ones

LED T5 usually is whole fitting, not tube

that was mine concern too, I bought some LED ceiling light from JB and thought of changing myself, open the cover and give up [laugh]

pay $40 each for them to dismantle and install with some drilling, etc. At least I dun get killed [sweatdrop] [laugh]

Actually is simple enough to DIY. Of cos I'm slightly exposed to the industry... Haha

Edited by Othello, 17 December 2017 - 11:28 AM.

"O, devil, devil! If that the Earth could teem with woman's tears, Each drop she falls would prove a crocodile. Out of my sight!" (Act IV Scene I)

Posted 17 December 2017 - 11:36 AM

Victor68
  • Premium member
    Victor68
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Yeah, but it'll cost an arm and 2 legs!

Simple wrong connection of the cables can cause danger when replacing blubs even with the light switch in off position. so it good to play it safe. 

Othello praised this

Posted 17 December 2017 - 11:43 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

If it's fluorescent whether it's the round tube or the long tube the setup is different of that from the LED.  The fluorescent uses a ballast and starter while the LED uses a driver. So you need to remove the ballast and starter setup and replace it with a driver setup. Yeah. You will need someone qualified to do it if you dunno how.

If you are using the E127 lightbulb (screw type) it's quite straight forward and only requires a direct led bulb replacement.

Edited by Watwheels, 17 December 2017 - 11:43 AM.

Too much to think about...

Posted 17 December 2017 - 11:43 AM

Roadrunner2029
  • Roadrunner2029
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

If the screw holes are the same then it's easy if not then got to screw new holes either on ceiling or in light, a lot more work. I bought once Samsung magnetic type just use magnet to attach to existing light frame, no screws.

Wiring should be nothing special. LED should come with own driver, and don't connect to ballast for florescent light.

You did the right thing, if not sure then get help.

Edited by Roadrunner2029, 17 December 2017 - 12:00 PM.

Posted 17 December 2017 - 11:46 AM

Othello
  • Premium member
    Othello
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Problem with this industry or A/C, plumbing etc... Many carry huge knives. And dishonest.
dcb and Mustank praised this

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users