• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
233 replies to this topic | 778 praises

Posted 23 January 2018 - 08:13 AM

Kusje
  • Kusje
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Just to update, i got a xiaomi mini mi router. Set it to bridge mode and changed the SSID to the same as my Singtel router. Connected the Mio tv to the mini mi router and it works.

However my S8+ or Mipad do not auto switch wifi to the strongest signal. So have to manually select it.

Just turn off the wifi function on the xiaomi and use the wifi on my from the best placed router.
Mustank praised this
That is all.

Posted 23 January 2018 - 08:59 AM

Alpha78
  • Premium member
    Alpha78
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Just to update, i got a xiaomi mini mi router. Set it to bridge mode and changed the SSID to the same as my Singtel router. Connected the Mio tv to the mini mi router and it works.

However my S8+ or Mipad do not auto switch wifi to the strongest signal. So have to manually select it.

My two cents suggestion for your problems:

First, I suspect in the newer flats the contractors should be using 2 sets of UTP network cables per room, one to provide network, the other to provide phone. If yes, you are in luck.

The idea is to connect the ONT network port into the utility room panel port that leads to your room that's nearest the centre of the flat. Then in that room you setup your router. In order to feed the LAN signals back to the rest of the rooms, you will need to change the phone port into a LAN port in your room, as well as at the utility cabinet, then plug the LAN port on your router into this new port. Then you use a switch at the utility cabinet to link all these ports together.

Option 2, get Google Wifi or mesh wireless devices. Use the LAN port to link back to the main router. This way you don't need to relocate your router, and by using LAN points, you will get maximum throughput. And you can put up as many devices as you need, to get enough WiFi coverage. The key advantage of mesh device over normal AP is that they can handover to each other seamlessly.

Hope it helps.

Adrianli, Mustank and SiLangKia praised this
Normal is getting dressed in clothes that you buy for work and driving through traffic in a car that you are still paying for in order to get to the job you need to pay for the clothes and the car, and the house you leave vacant all day so you can afford to live in it.

Posted 23 January 2018 - 09:09 AM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Heng I go internet learn how to set up router and how to set up other routers as access points :grin:

Posted 23 January 2018 - 09:41 AM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Heng I go internet learn how to set up router and how to set up other routers as access points :grin:

Good. Go learn this kind of things.
Don't Google piak piak on the Internet.
1 Anonymous member praised this
Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 23 January 2018 - 09:52 AM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Good. Go learn this kind of things.
Don't Google piak piak on the Internet.

Simi pika pika good hor

Posted 12 April 2018 - 12:48 PM

szekt
  • Premium member
    szekt
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Hi looking to fix my LED lights: unable to switch on and suspect might be problem with driver; driver located at ceiling; any recommendations please? TIA
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 12 April 2018 - 02:02 PM

Othello
  • Premium member
    Othello
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hi looking to fix my LED lights: unable to switch on and suspect might be problem with driver; driver located at ceiling; any recommendations please? TIA

Go back to the shop where you bought to get the driver. Its not easy to find back a driver with same specs, have to really walk around and find. 

What sort of lamp is it ? 

Edited by Othello, 12 April 2018 - 02:05 PM.

"O, devil, devil! If that the Earth could teem with woman's tears, Each drop she falls would prove a crocodile. Out of my sight!" (Act IV Scene I)

Posted 12 April 2018 - 02:12 PM

Adrianli
  • Premium member
    Adrianli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Can get it from Aliexpress.

Posted 12 April 2018 - 02:16 PM

Buadongdong
  • Premium member
    Buadongdong
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Maybe you can bring it back to where you bought it from and ask them to test it on the spot to verify. Remember to test the replacement on the spot as well if they do replace it for you. 

There are many range of LED lights available in the market. Some are classified from Bin 1(best grade) to Bin 4 (lousiest). Ask the supplier which bin it belongs to. If they don't know what you are talking about, then most prob those LEDs are cheapo ones with sub-standard drivers. Better to go with Reputable brands to last you a longer time.

Edited by Buadongdong, 12 April 2018 - 02:17 PM.

Mustank, Discoburg and BanCoe praised this

Posted 12 April 2018 - 08:48 PM

szekt
  • Premium member
    szekt
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Thanks for all the replies; my LED was installed by developer and getting the designated electrician would cost me an arm and leg; hoping to “outsource” the repair to an external electrician
Discoburg praised this

Posted 13 April 2018 - 11:20 AM

Adrianli
  • Premium member
    Adrianli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Thanks for all the replies; my LED was installed by developer and getting the designated electrician would cost me an arm and leg; hoping to “outsource” the repair to an external electrician

Open it, take a photo and post it here. Clearly show the written markings on the driver.
Othello praised this

Posted 13 April 2018 - 02:25 PM

szekt
  • Premium member
    szekt
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Don’t know how to post photos... a bit of a noob; I do know it is 20W driver 😂

Posted 13 April 2018 - 03:30 PM

grandis123
  • grandis123
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Why dont you take out the whole lights including driver and proceed to any electrical stall.

If the driver is an issue, they will change it for you on the spot. 

If the adapter is different (existing light and new driver), they can even do a simple modification by cutting off the wire.

I am not sure of the cost though.

Posted 13 April 2018 - 04:00 PM

Adrianli
  • Premium member
    Adrianli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

But that does not tell much. Must see the output DC voltage also. 

Posted 13 April 2018 - 04:05 PM

Ken_leong
  • Premium member
    Ken_leong
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Thanks for all the replies; my LED was installed by developer and getting the designated electrician would cost me an arm and leg; hoping to âoutsourceâ the repair to an external electrician

Yes. I agree with the others with you taking a picture to show us.
Sometimes it’s cheaper to just change the led altogether instead of sourcing for the driver.
I re-run my cove lights from olden days fluorescent tubes to led type which I ordered online and it didn’t cost me an arm or leg.
Othello praised this

Posted 13 April 2018 - 05:07 PM

ALTK
  • Premium member
    ALTK
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Take a photo of the driver specs and show it to any of the lighting shops. Normally cost around $10+ to $20+ nia. Just buy one and change it yourself very easy wan. For safety...remember MUST switch off the power from the main circuit before u touch anything. If u call electrician the charges could be at lease $80 to $100 a trip if im not wrong.

FourZero praised this

Posted 13 April 2018 - 06:49 PM

Hoseyboh
  • Hoseyboh
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Must be ah Tiong driver...[smash]

Try www.smsystem.com.sg. Ask for meanwell driver......

Posted 13 April 2018 - 07:26 PM

szekt
  • Premium member
    szekt
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Yes. I agree with the others with you taking a picture to show us.
Sometimes itâs cheaper to just change the led altogether instead of sourcing for the driver.
I re-run my cove lights from olden days fluorescent tubes to led type which I ordered online and it didnât cost me an arm or leg.

Haha.... so steady 👍👍... unfortunately my situation is a bit tricky cos to get above the false ceiling to access the LED driver, the ceiling quite high up.... old man already 😂
Thanks for all the advice.... Will check for Meanwell on the net and have a go at it; thank you 🙏

Posted 14 April 2018 - 06:33 PM

Ken_leong
  • Premium member
    Ken_leong
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Haha.... so steady ðð... unfortunately my situation is a bit tricky cos to get above the false ceiling to access the LED driver, the ceiling quite high up.... old man already ð
Thanks for all the advice.... Will check for Meanwell on the net and have a go at it; thank you ð

The intention was never to boast.

But many a time, most of us have found out the hard and expensive way when we call someone to do a ‘simple’ job.

U could actually be charged $200 for an item which actually costs $20 and could actually get online or at sim lim tower.

And after my $120 toilet choke lesson, I’m quite determined to try to figure out any problem myself first before I give up and hand over to the ‘professionals’.
Mustank and Othello praised this

Posted 23 April 2018 - 09:53 AM

Discoburg
  • Premium member
    Discoburg
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Bought this to let the same electrician change for me.

E92F5BE2-AF8E-480E-9ED1-E14CCD176708.jpeg

Edited by Discoburg, 23 April 2018 - 09:54 AM.

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users