Electrician lobang?

dcb

My colleague tell me home plugs is useless as he tried before. However he recommends changing to an Asus router for better wifi coverage.

Starting that time My power line adaptation have to be restarted at an average of 2 months once for it to work

I use for a few years Liao

Recently it has to be restarted every week

I think end of life liao

Well nothing last forever

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Took some photos. Shifted the router out of the cabinet but improvement little only. If shift to center of flat, sure will have better wifi signal in master bedroom.

post-2654-0-26617200-1514069861_thumb.jpg

Inside the cabinet

post-2654-0-13971600-1514069879_thumb.jpg

Master bedroom sockets

post-2654-0-00625200-1514069915_thumb.jpg

• Praise 6

Took some photos. Shifted the router out of the cabinet but improvement little only. If shift to center of flat, sure will have better wifi signal in master bedroom.

Router desired location.jpg

Inside the cabinet

Inside cabinet.jpg

Master bedroom sockets

Master bedroom sockets.jpg

Buy power line adaptor and one more router (set to bridge mode. Popular and challenger got cheap one for $30) lor

Sure work

Just to update, i got a xiaomi mini mi router. Set it to bridge mode and changed the SSID to the same as my Singtel router. Connected the Mio tv to the mini mi router and it works.

However my S8+ or Mipad do not auto switch wifi to the strongest signal. So have to manually select it.

• Praise 2

Just to update, i got a xiaomi mini mi router. Set it to bridge mode and changed the SSID to the same as my Singtel router. Connected the Mio tv to the mini mi router and it works.

However my S8+ or Mipad do not auto switch wifi to the strongest signal. So have to manually select it.

Just turn off the wifi function on the xiaomi and use the wifi on my from the best placed router.
  • Praise 1

My two cents suggestion for your problems:

First, I suspect in the newer flats the contractors should be using 2 sets of UTP network cables per room, one to provide network, the other to provide phone. If yes, you are in luck.

The idea is to connect the ONT network port into the utility room panel port that leads to your room that's nearest the centre of the flat. Then in that room you setup your router. In order to feed the LAN signals back to the rest of the rooms, you will need to change the phone port into a LAN port in your room, as well as at the utility cabinet, then plug the LAN port on your router into this new port. Then you use a switch at the utility cabinet to link all these ports together.

Option 2, get Google Wifi or mesh wireless devices. Use the LAN port to link back to the main router. This way you don't need to relocate your router, and by using LAN points, you will get maximum throughput. And you can put up as many devices as you need, to get enough WiFi coverage. The key advantage of mesh device over normal AP is that they can handover to each other seamlessly.

Hope it helps.

• Praise 3

Heng I go internet learn how to set up router and how to set up other routers as access points :grin:

Good. Go learn this kind of things.

Don't Google piak piak on the Internet.

• Praise 1

Hi looking to fix my LED lights: unable to switch on and suspect might be problem with driver; driver located at ceiling; any recommendations please? TIA

• Praise 1

Hi looking to fix my LED lights: unable to switch on and suspect might be problem with driver; driver located at ceiling; any recommendations please? TIA

Go back to the shop where you bought to get the driver. Its not easy to find back a driver with same specs, have to really walk around and find. 

What sort of lamp is it ? 

Edited by Othello

Maybe you can bring it back to where you bought it from and ask them to test it on the spot to verify. Remember to test the replacement on the spot as well if they do replace it for you. 

There are many range of LED lights available in the market. Some are classified from Bin 1(best grade) to Bin 4 (lousiest). Ask the supplier which bin it belongs to. If they don't know what you are talking about, then most prob those LEDs are cheapo ones with sub-standard drivers. Better to go with Reputable brands to last you a longer time.

Edited by Buadongdong
  • Praise 3

Thanks for all the replies; my LED was installed by developer and getting the designated electrician would cost me an arm and leg; hoping to “outsource” the repair to an external electrician

• Praise 1

Thanks for all the replies; my LED was installed by developer and getting the designated electrician would cost me an arm and leg; hoping to “outsource” the repair to an external electrician

Open it, take a photo and post it here. Clearly show the written markings on the driver.

• Praise 1