End of COE, how to de-register?

Trusty

is the car required to be in country before deregistering ? or can it be out of country when you deregister?

is it possible to drive a deregistered car in another country ?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

is the car required to be in country before deregistering ? or can it be out of country when you deregister?

Drive a deregistered  Car in another Country also an Offence....M'sia Don't allow this....Maybe can take your Car to Pulau Ubin...

Drive a deregistered Car in another Country also an Offence....M'sia Don't allow this....Maybe can take your Car to Pulau Ubin...

Semakau better

Can share what your plans are? You are required to surrender your car to an exporter or scrapyard when deregistering. they need to inspect so yes, you need to bring your car back to SG.

• Praise 1

When you deregister a car here, there are two options. Either scrap or export.

Scrap means it must be rendered undrivable. Have to go to a scrapyard to do it.

Export needs to be done by an authorised exporter. They will do all the legal procedures to ensure all it proper with LTA.

By right you can reregister a car overseas that has been deregistered here in Singapore. But it's like a sale process, and that car can never ever set foot into Singapore ever again.

• Praise 3

When you deregister a car here, there are two options. Either scrap or export.

Scrap means it must be rendered undrivable. Have to go to a scrapyard to do it.

Export needs to be done by an authorised exporter. They will do all the legal procedures to ensure all it proper with LTA.

By right you can reregister a car overseas that has been deregistered here in Singapore. But it's like a sale process, and that car can never ever set foot into Singapore ever again.

thanks for the info. that means i cant drive it into the country upon dereg ?

i have to ship it ?

Can share what your plans are? You are required to surrender your car to an exporter or scrapyard when deregistering. they need to inspect so yes, you need to bring your car back to SG.

thanks for the info

Drive a deregistered  Car in another Country also an Offence....M'sia Don't allow this....Maybe can take your Car to Pulau Ubin...

why would malaysia care if your car is deregistered in SG? They will only care if your car is registered in Malaysia no?

thanks for the info. that means i cant drive it into the country upon dereg ?

i have to ship it ?

thanks for the info

Don’t think you allow to a scrapped car drive to MY.. To register a car in MY u will need an Approved Permit from the JPJ.. They will also assess the taxes.. but all this got to go through an exporter and an importer..
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2