Star Wars: The Last Jedi (SPOILER ALERT)

Blueray

Have been watching Star Wars movies since 7am this morning. Movie marathon on mio TV, just finished the 5th episode and 2 more to go!

Eeeeeehhhh! [grin]

the force is strong in this one.......may the force be with you my dear count....
  • Praise 1

i watched the extended trailer + watch youtube analysis of the trailer.

Lol.

Think i'll watch this in the cinema   [smash]

oh really ? that intriguing ah ?

am kinda lukewarm about Star Wars right now.

episode 7 was nicely executed but not very original, around 85% from episode 4 + 5.

will have a look at the extended trailer this evening.

• Praise 1

I feel that the franchise is overhyped by some over enthu fans (I blame it on social media and blogs where there are a lot of attention whores over exaggerating everything) and ppl trying to read too much into trailers that make the movies somewhat overrated. End up a lot of us will become disappointed. A lot of the overexcited geeky youtubers are the worst imo and they weren't even born when the first movie was out. Major facepalm.

Edited by Watwheels

oh really ? that intriguing ah ?

am kinda lukewarm about Star Wars right now.

episode 7 was nicely executed but not very original, around 85% from episode 4 + 5.

will have a look at the extended trailer this evening.

I agree. i just go in with no expectations. I just like the setting of the movies. The movies are too play it safe nowadays. 

I feel that the franchise is overhyped by some over enthu fans and ppl trying to read too much into trailers that make the movies somewhat overrated. End up a lot of us will become disappointed. A lot of the overexcited geeky youtubers are the worst imo and they weren't even born when the first movie was out. Major facepalm.

yeah the youngsters like to hype it up or the hardcore fans have a lot of expectations.

So i go in with no expectations just like watching an action movie haha

I agree. i just go in with no expectations. I just like the setting of the movies. The movies are too play it safe nowadays. 

yeah the youngsters like to hype it up or the hardcore fans have a lot of expectations.

So i go in with no expectations just like watching an action movie haha

Yup. Read some reports about why US box office so sluggish this year. Studios want to play safe with same old same old formula, moviegoers sick and tired and want originality.

Yup. Read some reports about why US box office so sluggish this year. Studios want to play safe with same old same old formula, moviegoers sick and tired and want originality.

i think i was reading some article on one of the studios ? Lionsgate. They say they spend 60-70% of their budget on safe hits then spend about 30% for something left field.

Even though the money doesn't always pay itself back, but more likely to get oscar nominee and also sometimes u get a sleeper hit like la la land.

But WB, Paramount etc all these will spend even more on safe hits lor. Worst case is definitely Disney lol

Done. 16 hours Star Wars movie marathon.

Good night and may the Force be with you. [grin]

Wow, the force is strong in this one.

You start from I, II, III or from IV, V, VI?

i think i was reading some article on one of the studios ? Lionsgate. They say they spend 60-70% of their budget on safe hits then spend about 30% for something left field.

Even though the money doesn't always pay itself back, but more likely to get oscar nominee and also sometimes u get a sleeper hit like la la land.

But WB, Paramount etc all these will spend even more on safe hits lor. Worst case is definitely Disney lol

Come to think of it, have not gone to the cinema to watch a Disney movie of late, mostly are remake or rehash. Not original stuff.

Disney can spend big $$$ on making movies, but they expect $$$$$$$$$$$$$ in return, So end up their movies have the same formula. 

There are 2 big budget productions coming our way; Thor and Star Wars. At the moment am not planning to watch either one in the cinema.

Sometimes, its the smaller budget movies that are more creative and enjoyable, eg last year's Deadpool.