• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
64 replies to this topic | 157 praises

Posted 22 December 2017 - 05:11 PM

Lmws214
  • Premium member
    Lmws214
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi all,

Recently I spotted many white cars on the road. Seems that white is getting more popular.

Just thinking of those owners who own a white car. What I saw is that my neighbour washes his white Nissan three times a week. He told me that he send for car grooming once every six months.

How do you clean and/or maintain the white paintwork and any pointers to note or share please? White is not an easy colour to maintain. Hoping to learn more tips from white car owners. Cheers!

Cheers,

Posted 22 December 2017 - 05:27 PM

Philipkee
  • Philipkee
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I have a white car. I wash once a week or every two weeks. Have not sent for grooming but plan to do so (got the car 8 months ago).

For scratches I used liquid paper. Colour does not match fully but not so bad. Hopefully after polishing will look better. And for places like car door handle and bowl I had it wrapped with vinyl wrap so scratches won't show there.

Edited by Philipkee, 22 December 2017 - 05:27 PM.

Posted 22 December 2017 - 06:04 PM

Lmws214
  • Premium member
    Lmws214
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

good tip on the vinyl wrap to prevent scratches, where to do the vinyl wrap please? How much does it cost? thank you

I have a white car. I wash once a week or every two weeks. Have not sent for grooming but plan to do so (got the car 8 months ago).

For scratches I used liquid paper. Colour does not match fully but not so bad. Hopefully after polishing will look better. And for places like car door handle and bowl I had it wrapped with vinyl wrap so scratches won't show there.

Cheers,

Posted 22 December 2017 - 06:09 PM

Neutrino
  • Neutrino
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Not keen on washing car as from 9 years ago had a bout of Transient Global Amnesia after washing car.

So my white car is very dusty even though parked in MSCP.

Last wash was by KIA nearly 3 months ago.

Easy to find car in car park especially when parked next to sparkling Singapore cars.

There is no law without enforcement

Posted 22 December 2017 - 07:24 PM

Eyke
  • Premium member
    Eyke
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Not keen on washing car as from 9 years ago had a bout of Transient Global Amnesia after washing car.

:slow:

Posted 22 December 2017 - 09:04 PM

Philipkee
  • Philipkee
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

good tip on the vinyl wrap to prevent scratches, where to do the vinyl wrap please? How much does it cost? thank you

Jj decal and sg garage. Over a hundred bucks for four door handles and four car door bowls. Not sure how much for entire bonnet for example but it cost me $60 for one banner on the windshield.
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 22 December 2017 - 09:06 PM

Lmws214
  • Premium member
    Lmws214
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

thank you.

Jj decal and sg garage. Over a hundred bucks for four door handles and four car door bowls. Not sure how much for entire bonnet for example but it cost me $60 for one banner on the windshield.

Cheers,

Posted 22 December 2017 - 10:55 PM

Roadrunner2029
  • Roadrunner2029
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Buy a white car with the preference of a grey car.

Posted 22 December 2017 - 11:24 PM

Newbie26
  • Newbie26
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Have had White and Black, White is better and surprising looks less dirty than black

White when new and well maintained make the car look bigger and grander

How enduring it is, also depends on car model paint

Weekly simple cleaning will do.

If constantly under the sun and poorly maintained, the color will fade a bit

Otherwise, White is a decent color to have and easy color when it comes to resale.  

Hi all,

Recently I spotted many white cars on the road. Seems that white is getting more popular.

Just thinking of those owners who own a white car. What I saw is that my neighbour washes his white Nissan three times a week. He told me that he send for car grooming once every six months.

How do you clean and/or maintain the white paintwork and any pointers to note or share please? White is not an easy colour to maintain. Hoping to learn more tips from white car owners. Cheers!

Mercs, Spring, Angcheek, AltisOwner, Uncle2, Buadongdong, Blueray and 4 other members praised this

Posted 22 December 2017 - 11:42 PM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

No need to wash so often just because it is a white car la.  [:p]

Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Posted 22 December 2017 - 11:46 PM

Brass
  • Premium member
    Brass
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Have had White and Black, White is better and surprising looks less dirty than black

Otherwise, White is a decent color to have and easy color when it comes to resale.

Talking about colour for resale value, is silver an good colour?
TIA πŸ™
I am in control of my life,and I lead it like how I want to.

Posted 22 December 2017 - 11:53 PM

Lmws214
  • Premium member
    Lmws214
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Thank you
Cheers,

Posted 23 December 2017 - 12:21 AM

2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

TIA πŸ™

Silver is a safe colour. You never go wrong with silver.

Baleno praised this
Clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Life is very fragile. Nobody knows what's gonna happen next.

Posted 23 December 2017 - 12:28 AM

kdash
  • Premium member
    kdash
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

TIA Γ°

yes, many silver cars on the road. the easiest colours to sell should be black, white, grey, silver. in terms of resale value, should not vary due to colour unless really obiang πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
AltisOwner praised this
Sienta X 2009, Sienta Hybrid X 2017
PSA: Get car cam if you still have not done so...
PSA2: Apply for vCashcard...

Posted 23 December 2017 - 12:54 AM

Brass
  • Premium member
    Brass
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Silver is a safe colour. You never go wrong with silver.

Thanks

yes, many silver cars on the road. the easiest colours to sell should be black, white, grey, silver. in terms of resale value, should not vary due to colour unless really obiang πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Thanks
πŸ˜‚

Edited by Brass, 23 December 2017 - 12:55 AM.

I am in control of my life,and I lead it like how I want to.

Posted 23 December 2017 - 01:31 AM

Nyox
  • Nyox
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Having had silver and white cars and now a black one. I think black is by far the hardest to maintain. Needless to say silver hardly needs any maintenance.

Black the water marks, dirt marks and swirl marks are very obvious.

Edited by Nyox, 23 December 2017 - 01:32 AM.

Posted 23 December 2017 - 12:12 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

...by spraying it silver. [laugh]

Too much to think about...

Posted 24 December 2017 - 09:28 AM

Buadongdong
  • Premium member
    Buadongdong
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Agree.. Black really hard to maintain..

Edited by Buadongdong, 24 December 2017 - 09:29 AM.

Posted 24 December 2017 - 10:22 AM

Spring
It’s really difficult to maintain a White car esp self maintain n hence I think the only advice I can give is to get a good groomer to maintain it regularly. Some car paintwork are not very good like Honda n that means that u will need to perhaps do paint protection as well. Conti cars in general have better paintwork n this helps of course.
<!-- isHtml:1 -->

Posted 24 December 2017 - 05:36 PM

Lmws214
  • Premium member
    Lmws214
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

maintain it regularly like every six months to groom the ride?

thanks!

It’s really difficult to maintain a White car esp self maintain n hence I think the only advice I can give is to get a good groomer to maintain it regularly. Some car paintwork are not very good like Honda n that means that u will need to perhaps do paint protection as well. Conti cars in general have better paintwork n this helps of course.

Cheers,

Back to Detailing  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Sonax Gloss Shampoo Concentrate

Sonax Gloss Shampoo Concentrate  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Power69  |  Neutral Newbie

Sonax Car Shampoo

One of the recommended brand for car wash. Had other well know brand, Sonax is one of the better choice.

Meguiar's Gold Class Quik Wax

Meguiar's Gold Class Quik Wax  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Dynaway  |  5th Gear

Good if u want glossy wet look.

Easy to apply and wipe off. Good for wet glossy look. If u want the wet look go for this. The ultimate does not look as wet and glossy.

Related Product Guide search on sgCarMart.com : Car Shampoo, Car Wax

Quick Reply

Tags: white, maintain, car, clean and 2 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users