2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross

Stratovarius

many useful functions..

btw to all eclipse cross owners...anyone modded tires such as using wider ones? seems like it can go up to 245 and still pretty all right....

No point to change now as the tires works and its a decent brand and i think everyone planing to think about changing once it wears out, so far i think i only saw 1 or 2 change the rims one elegance and 1 sport  base model.

don't think anyone here use it as a sport car or off-road. 

↡ Advertisement

No point to change now as the tires works and its a decent brand and i think everyone planing to think about changing once it wears out, so far i think i only saw 1 or 2 change the rims one elegance and 1 sport base model.

don't think anyone here use it as a sport car or off-road.

Agreed. For me, I like my original rim and the tyres working fine. I won't change even if I have extra cash. Better spend on other more meaningful things. Personal opinion only though.

Agreed. For me, I like my original rim and the tyres working fine. I won't change even if I have extra cash. Better spend on other more meaningful things. Personal opinion only though.

Sure I respect your opinion :) was just wondering how the vehicle will look with aftermarket rims since not much info on that online. Care to share what will be the meaningful things? :)

Neutral Newbie

[HELP] My Voice Control never worked since I got the car (2 weeks ago).

- When iPhone is connected trough Bluetooth, the voice control buttons (both in wheel and multimedia) don’t activate anything (they don’t do nothing at all)

- When iPhone is connected trough cable and so Apple CarPlay is on, the buttons activate the voice control, but when I talk they don’t hear NOTHING (mute microphone at all)

(Same when I receive a call - microphone is MUTE)

After conected to Apple CarPlay, I can go on Multimídia settings and turn the Microphone to “OUTER MICROPHONE” and then turn it back to “INNER MICROPHONE” and then the voice control will hear my voice! But again only doing this every time I turn on the car, and always only by the cable.

In real life my voice control doesn’t work at all!!!!!!!

Can somebody help me with this issue please???

Guys from the Mitsubishi store doesn’t seem to know what’s the problem! And this is VERY ANNOYING!

I reset the multimedia settings, tryed to restart Bluetooth connection a zillion times... until now I had nothing...

Thanks!

[HELP] My Voice Control never worked since I got the car (2 weeks ago).

- When iPhone is connected trough Bluetooth, the voice control buttons (both in wheel and multimedia) don’t activate anything (they don’t do nothing at all)

- When iPhone is connected trough cable and so Apple CarPlay is on, the buttons activate the voice control, but when I talk they don’t hear NOTHING (mute microphone at all)

(Same when I receive a call - microphone is MUTE)

After conected to Apple CarPlay, I can go on Multimídia settings and turn the Microphone to “OUTER MICROPHONE” and then turn it back to “INNER MICROPHONE” and then the voice control will hear my voice! But again only doing this every time I turn on the car, and always only by the cable.

In real life my voice control doesn’t work at all!!!!!!!

Can somebody help me with this issue please???

Guys from the Mitsubishi store doesn’t seem to know what’s the problem! And this is VERY ANNOYING!

I reset the multimedia settings, tryed to restart Bluetooth connection a zillion times... until now I had nothing...

Thanks!

Which multimedia you are having? The original SDA or the Kenwood.

I think the button only work when you are plug in using the cable without it i doubt it work.

Seems like it could be some issue with the car microphone? Ask C and C to check it out.

My EC FCM auto braked twice over the last week, so I lodged a report at C&C over lunch today. Apparently only 1 other person reported FCM auto brake issue, and based on dashcam footage, it was resolved as a proper FCM activation. In my case however, I'm sure they're false positives. Unfortunately, I did not think to save the dashcam footage so they have been overwritten by now.

Service personnel indicated that they would report to MMC Japan, but due to the very few reports locally or even regionally, MMC Japan's response is very slow (3 months for the previous case).

I remember some other people have had the FCM auto brake activate. Did yall make reports? If not, please do, as this is a safety issue!

My EC FCM auto braked twice over the last week, so I lodged a report at C&C over lunch today. Apparently only 1 other person reported FCM auto brake issue, and based on dashcam footage, it was resolved as a proper FCM activation. In my case however, I'm sure they're false positives. Unfortunately, I did not think to save the dashcam footage so they have been overwritten by now.

Service personnel indicated that they would report to MMC Japan, but due to the very few reports locally or even regionally, MMC Japan's response is very slow (3 months for the previous case).

I remember some other people have had the FCM auto brake activate. Did yall make reports? If not, please do, as this is a safety issue!

Well how i see it now is to either turn it off or drive slower, notice i havent been hitting pass 100kmph seem did not cause any false activation. It having recalled in the US, Australia and some parts of the world. Somehow SG no major news, but i heard a few here have gotten a letter from C and C to go down to reset the FCM. 

If reportThen again C and C will say the same thing to everyone will report MMC Japan and looking for the issue and i am sure C and C and MMC knows it a major issue since there is a recall overseas. Maybe the number here are small so they arent taking quick or drastic action.

Not sure the sonar (front and back sensor) are link to FCM but sometime when stop even when there are clearly a safe distance the sonar beeps.

Well how i see it now is to either turn it off or drive slower, notice i havent been hitting pass 100kmph seem did not cause any false activation. It having recalled in the US, Australia and some parts of the world. Somehow SG no major news, but i heard a few here have gotten a letter from C and C to go down to reset the FCM. 

If reportThen again C and C will say the same thing to everyone will report MMC Japan and looking for the issue and i am sure C and C and MMC knows it a major issue since there is a recall overseas. Maybe the number here are small so they arent taking quick or drastic action.

Not sure the sonar (front and back sensor) are link to FCM but sometime when stop even when there are clearly a safe distance the sonar beeps.

I now turn it off when I remember, but often I don't since it's not a habit yet. As for driving slower, not sure if it'll affect the rate of false positives. Another thing to note is to let cars that tailgate me overtake me, because if my car suddenly auto-brakes, they'll confirm langgar me.

The front and back sensors probably aren't linked to the FCM auto brake, since the FCM brake warning itself isn't even linked to the auto brake according to the C&C service personnel.

The more people reporting the problem (with actual video footage evidence), the more data MMC has to work with in order to identify and fix bugs and improve their algorithm. Otherwise, they might just sweep it under the rug until serious accidents occur.

The recall only affects cars that were programmed with an earlier FCM/ECU software version in factory, and the patch applied simply brings it to the most updated software version, which evidently does not fix the problem, since my vehicle was not affected by the recall, and I've been on the latest version since October.

Hello! R u in the Eclipse Cross FB grp or the WhatsApp group? There r a no. of EC owners who had experienced the auto e-brake for no apparent reason, including me. Scared me to death! Luckily no car right behind me else sure langa. Since then I always off it. But since I updated the FCM module during C&C recall service in Nov, no more mysterious jam brake so far.. Keep my fingers crossed
  • Praise 1

I always off the FCM since I collected my EC and it has became a habit to me now. It is not really stable yet and I think it is better to off it to prevent any unwanted incident. Also, drive with a peace of mind without worrying about the FCM sudden activation. I'm enjoying my ride now.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Which multimedia you are having? The original SDA or the Kenwood.

I think the button only work when you are plug in using the cable without it i doubt it work.

Seems like it could be some issue with the car microphone? Ask C and C to check it out.

The multimedia is the original one yes,

but not that same one of the US version,

is that one of Japanese and European and South American version, integrated to the panel.

I saw an eclipse Cross propaganda video on YouTube once telling about the Bluetooth capability, and on that video they told that u could use voice command trough Bluetooth connection too. Aren’t you capable of using it trough Bluetooth nether???

• Praise 1

Hello! R u in the Eclipse Cross FB grp or the WhatsApp group? There r a no. of EC owners who had experienced the auto e-brake for no apparent reason, including me. Scared me to death! Luckily no car right behind me else sure langa. Since then I always off it. But since I updated the FCM module during C&C recall service in Nov, no more mysterious jam brake so far.. Keep my fingers crossed

• Praise 1

Other then the body shape it seems everything is different from the one we are having lol

The multimedia is the original one yes,

but not that same one of the US version,

is that one of Japanese and European and South American version, integrated to the panel.

I saw an eclipse Cross propaganda video on YouTube once telling about the Bluetooth capability, and on that video they told that u could use voice command trough Bluetooth connection too. Aren’t you capable of using it trough Bluetooth nether???

Hardly uses it as usually plug-in usb. I remember pairing it a call comes it manage to pick it up and talk normally via the car and the speakers.

Suspect yours the mic is not working or not properly connected.

• Praise 1

https://youtu.be/ktuePLQOCvg

Blue EC going through some challenging situations.

this is the 2.0 AWD version that was told that C&C may bring in this version in year during the early car show, but no news about it so far

Edited by Lplater
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1