• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
926 replies to this topic | 881 praises

Posted 10 July 2019 - 12:33 PM

Jaxel
  • Jaxel
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

GB = gearbox

its Jatco CVT, understand reliability is so-so based feedback here of other vehicle brand.
So far those use in outlander 2.0 or 2.4, we dont hear much issue concerning this CVT, hence reliability should be quite okay.

here mentioned about gearbox, not related to engine failure.

whether can last 10 years or not, this depend on maintenance schedule, driving style and etc... no comment.

Contipro thks for yr answers....sori i dun hav much knowledge....sori if this is another stupid qn....possible to change to chain belt since it can up to 380NM?

Posted 10 July 2019 - 12:42 PM

makeanewcall
  • Premium member
    makeanewcall
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Using jatco cvt? Check if your car has stock cvt cooler. This is the main diff on reliability. I am driving sylphy turbo. Not sure if my jatco is same as ec. The ones built by thailand has cvt cooler stock and sold here asia pac region are ok. The ones built in us without cvt cooler has frequent early failures within few 10s of thousands km.

There is a sylphy turbo?

Posted 10 July 2019 - 12:54 PM

Contipro
  • Premium member
    Contipro
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Contipro thks for yr answers....sori i dun hav much knowledge....sori if this is another stupid qn....possible to change to chain belt since it can up to 380NM?

i believe possible by change as complete CVT unit with chain type

whether need to reprogram the ECU or TCU for such conversation, i have no idea. 

I dont think workshop in Singapore are skillful enough for such conversation being lack of skill mechanics. 

if they say can, 100% chop no guarantee/warranty on the CVT conversation, as mechanics here very kiasi... (why? because no skill).. 

Please read below link before response. Let's keep MCF environment harmony..
http://www.mycarforu...les-guidelines/

disclaimer: no real person living or dead involved on production of above.

Posted 10 July 2019 - 05:49 PM

Sugimoto
  • Sugimoto
    6th Gear
    Author Image

There is a sylphy turbo?

Yes, for a short while only.

https://www.sgcarmar...?AID=802&PN=all
Contipro and Columbian78 praised this

Posted Today, 11:40 AM

gamekidz
  • gamekidz
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi, anyone experience "like metal vibrating" sound coming from back of car when travelling on uneven road? Has tried remove all stuff under the boot, secure the boot shade and even the back seat buckle but the sound stil persist. Any advice?

Now you mentioned, I might have heard it when negotiating uneven or bumpy roads. Have you resolved this? Any outcome?

Edited by gamekidz, Today, 11:40 AM.

Posted Today, 11:56 AM

Vinceng
  • Premium member
    Vinceng
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Have you tightened the screw securing your spare tyre in the boot?

Posted Today, 12:43 PM

Jus4fun
  • Jus4fun
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Some said the rattling from the rear may b coming from the spoiler..
For me, there's sm faint plastic rattling when running over rough roads, that seems to come frm the lower part of the right door panels. I suspect it's frm the black skirting/fender below the door panel? Hopefully not some loose cables inside the door panel though; I changed my front speakers and did sound proofing..

Edited by Jus4fun, Today, 12:45 PM.

Back to Japanese Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: mitsubishi, suv, eclipse, 2018 and 1 more...

48 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 48 guests, 0 anonymous users