2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross

Stratovarius

(edited)

something i cannot understand about this EC versus Outlander 2.0

While both sharing the same CVT g/box, however the final drive ratio is different.

EC 1.5T CVT /torque 250Nm / 1490kg

(CVT ratio 2.631~0.378, final drive 6.386) with stock tire 225/55/R18 = ~2240rpm at 120km/hr

Outlander 2.0 /torque 190Nm / 1480kg

(CVT ratio 2.631~0.378, final drive 6.026) with stock tire 225/55/R18 = ~2120rpm at 120km/hr

Honda Jade 1.5T /torque 203Nm / 1514kg

(CVT ratio 2.645~0.405, final drive 5.047) with stock tire 215/50/R17 = ~2060rpm at 120km/hr

EC 1.5T the chosen final drive ratio seem does not take advantage of its higher torque output engine, if we comparing against Honda Jade 1.5T of same power. 

any experts here can enlighten why such this possibility and combination on the EC ?

above calculated engine rpm remark:

-assumption torque converter full lock up without any slippage.
-CVT at lowest ratio which unlikely depend on engine optimum efficiency point
-Tyre OD size assume reduce by 3% due to tyre no longer round when load under car weight / tyre pressure.
-exclude any error on speedo meter by manufacturer.

Edited by Contipro
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

something i cannot understand about this EC versus Outlander 2.0

While both sharing the same CVT g/box, however the final drive ratio is different.

EC 1.5T CVT /torque 250Nm / 1490kg

(CVT ratio 2.631~0.378, final drive 6.386) with stock tire 225/55/R18 = ~2240rpm at 120km/hr

Outlander 2.0 /torque 190Nm / 1480kg

(CVT ratio 2.631~0.378, final drive 6.026) with stock tire 225/55/R18 = ~2120rpm at 120km/hr

Honda Jade 1.5T /torque 203Nm / 1514kg

(CVT ratio 2.645~0.405, final drive 5.047) with stock tire 215/50/R17 = ~2060rpm at 120km/hr

EC 1.5T the chosen final drive ratio seem does not take advantage of its higher torque output engine, if we comparing against Honda Jade 1.5T of same power. 

any experts here can enlighten why such this possibility and combination on the EC ?

above calculated engine rpm remark:

-assumption torque converter full lock up without any slippage.

-CVT at lowest ratio which unlikely depend on engine optimum efficiency point

-Tyre OD size assume reduce by 3% due to tyre no longer round when load under car weight / tyre pressure.

-exclude any error on speedo meter by manufacturer.

Other than the weight of the car, could it be the drag coefficient?

Outlander..

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tanyamohn/2018/04/05/small-2018-suvs-tested-for-front-seat-passenger-safety-5-of-7-get-top-ratings/amp/

Two vehicles fell short. The Mitsubishi Outlander Sport earned a marginal rating and the Ford Escape garnered a poor rating. In both cases, the side curtain airbags failed to deploy, surprising in a crash of this type and severity

• Praise 1

Outlander..

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tanyamohn/2018/04/05/small-2018-suvs-tested-for-front-seat-passenger-safety-5-of-7-get-top-ratings/amp/

Two vehicles fell short. The Mitsubishi Outlander Sport earned a marginal rating and the Ford Escape garnered a poor rating. In both cases, the side curtain airbags failed to deploy, surprising in a crash of this type and severity

Please post to corrert section..

Outlander..

The Outlander Sport referred in the article is the ASX i think

• Praise 1

After more in-depth study on the EC new engine 1.5T (code 4B40);

I am pleased to share this engine fuel system come with both MPI (port injection) and DI (direct injection).

MPI mode for low load, while DI mode for high load situation. 

Hence issue related to DI engine such as the carbon build up on the valve inlet should be minimal;

given during MPI mode the fuel injected shall act as detergent to clean off the carbon deposit. 

so occasionally highway cruising (80~110km/h) should able to clean off the deposit. 

this is one great solution comparing to others engine that use DI only. 

I hope the above info useful for current owners and potential owners, and not to be fooled by those walnut blast cleaning services if they claim this EC engine is DI type and required walnut cleaning without any inspection.

I would say walnut blast cleaning is required only if  after they check the actual condition in the engine before deciding proceed or not to proceed. 

Other than the weight of the car, could it be the drag coefficient?

EC being coupe design i guess should have lower cd than outlander. 

that should not be the reason. 

Anyone tried installing a bicycle roof rack on your EC already? Thinking of installing one but not sure which brand and model will be good. I have been using a Saris bones on my previous sedan but it looks really bad on the EC and the split rear panels doesn't seem to fit rear bicycle carriers well.

• Praise 1

i think, you probably cannot install those rack you mentioned. mainly due to the plastic panel at the top of the rear cover. it might crack the plastic under constant weight.

what i did during one of recent race, i dismantle the front wheel and throw it to the back of the back.

i found that i cant allow both bikes to be erected straight. as in standing upright. in my previous ride (odyssey) i can install 2 bikes standing upright.

also the uneven rear seat when folded down, does not help in this situation.

until i find a good solution. this will be how i transport bike to race.

post-5509-0-49667100-1524104565_thumb.jpg

Hi, anyone experiences a very faint rattling sound coming frm the top right hand corner of the driver seat window? But it's more only during city driving (when road quality may not be as smooth?) rather high speed on highway..

i think, you probably cannot install those rack you mentioned. mainly due to the plastic panel at the top of the rear cover. it might crack the plastic under constant weight.

what i did during one of recent race, i dismantle the front wheel and throw it to the back of the back.

i found that i cant allow both bikes to be erected straight. as in standing upright. in my previous ride (odyssey) i can install 2 bikes standing upright.

also the uneven rear seat when folded down, does not help in this situation.

until i find a good solution. this will be how i transport bike to race.

I think you are referring to rear racks. I think you are right that the rear spoiler will probably be damaged.

I was actually referring to the roof racks where you transport your bicycle on top of the car. There seems to be original Mitsubishi accessories for doing that but not available in Singapore.

I think you are referring to rear racks. I think you are right that the rear spoiler will probably be damaged.

I was actually referring to the roof racks where you transport your bicycle on top of the car. There seems to be original Mitsubishi accessories for doing that but not available in Singapore.

ah, you referring to the roof. haha. how could i missed out that portion.

true, hardly see any accessories on EC just yet.

ah, you referring to the roof. haha. how could i missed out that portion.

true, hardly see any accessories on EC just yet.

I'm trying to search around online to see if accessories can be found on amazon or something and ship them in myself.

Anyway you guys seen any ECs on the road? I've hardly seen any on the roads. So far I've only seen 2 other ECs on the road other than my own. Seems like sales of EC is rather low.

Edited by JohnnyBGood

I'm trying to search around online to see if accessories can be found on amazon or something and ship them in myself.

Anyway you guys seen any ECs on the road? I've hardly seen any on the roads. So far I've only seen 2 other ECs on the road other than my own. Seems like sales of EC is rather low.

Ya have only seen 2 other ECs myself so far.. Really exclusive hor.. There goes the availability of accessories easily locally.. Or it would b darm exp..

Anybody received any news about the collection of the boot covers yet?

Nope for me. My SE oso told me not yet. But heard a friend of a fellow forumer has gotten it liao. Guess will come in batches ba..

Test drove the Eclipse Cross yesterday. Love the feel of the drive. encouraged by the various features but discouraged by other features missing from my current car. My wife liked the ride and look of the EC too. After thrashing out a deal, booked an EC. Yay.

However, no stock till next delivery in July. Assuming COE successful, going to be a long wait. Unless book a silver version, which will have stock for May delivery.

The boot covers are not available yet apparently, according to the SE.

Looking forward to driving my own EC.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1