Keppel Corp pays S$570m to resolve bribery probes

kdash

Isnt Keppel Corp Chairman our ex Defence Minister Lee Boon Yang?

Well considering such a major bribery case can be "resolve" through payments, ........I should not say more... [lipsrsealed]

• Praise 1

Isnt Keppel Corp Chairman our ex Defence Minister Lee Boon Yang?

yes it is... he was quoted in the report too...

yes it is... he was quoted in the report too...

Oh cool, did he say that everything is in order now and that they have taken care of matters?

But i reckon he didnt apologise right?

I havent read the report yet.

Oh cool, did he say that everything is in order now and that they have taken care of matters?

But i reckon he didnt apologise right?

I havent read the report yet.

quoted:

“Integrity is one of Keppel’s core values,” Mr Lee said in a statement. “We do not and will not tolerate any illegal activity in the conduct of our business.

“We regret and are deeply disappointed by the actions that we now know to have taken place at the Group’s offshore and marine business in Brazil from around 2001 to 2014.

“Global companies such as Keppel have both a legal and moral duty to operate fully within international laws and regulations. Any perception that illegal payments can be condoned, if they are made by agents, is wrong and will not be tolerated.

“Since the allegations emerged, we have moved quickly and decisively to put in place stricter controls and embedded best practices across the Group to ensure that such unacceptable behavior will not be repeated.”

Well considering such a major bribery case can be "resolve" through payments, ........I should not say more... [lipsrsealed]

if the case get drag on through the courts

it will not only cost more money but also potentially damage our super clean image.

resolved through payments are so common llike changing underwear.

hsbc, other banks, big MNC etc

this is reality

money and power makes the world go round

• Praise 3

Yes.

there a saying in the army

post-131345-0-54047400-1514030605.png

he just applying what he learned :secret-laugh: 

Edited by Staff69
  • Praise 1

quoted:

“Integrity is one of Keppel’s core values,” Mr Lee said in a statement. “We do not and will not tolerate any illegal activity in the conduct of our business.

“We regret and are deeply disappointed by the actions that we now know to have taken place at the Group’s offshore and marine business in Brazil from around 2001 to 2014.

“Global companies such as Keppel have both a legal and moral duty to operate fully within international laws and regulations. Any perception that illegal payments can be condoned, if they are made by agents, is wrong and will not be tolerated.

“Since the allegations emerged, we have moved quickly and decisively to put in place stricter controls and embedded best practices across the Group to ensure that such unacceptable behavior will not be repeated.”

Hwah!

I think like a Chairman and speak like a chairman

Hey, i can be Chairman !!

Perhaps some big Singapore Inc company can hire me as Vice Chairman?

I dont mind a deflated monthly salary of $215k.

I will even give up Bonus.

Kindly inform my PA if there is a vacancy

Thanks

• Praise 1

in Brazil how to do business without *ahem* ... even your idea/proposal is the best in the world

In market like Brazil, without facilitation payment, how to get contract?

In market like Brazil, without facilitation payment, how to get contract?

not just Brazil but many other countries around the world. sometimes term it as agent fees...
  • Praise 1

not just Brazil but many other countries around the world. sometimes term it as agent fees...

Yes. Correct.

To play their game, you have to follow their rules

↡ Advertisement