Keppel Corp pays S$570m to resolve bribery probes

kdash

Do those company that openly seeking donation for their annual D&D event constitute an act bribery in return of an better working relationship next year? I scratch head.

This case blow out of proportion because it is a GLC and also due to the huge amount (don't compare to najib) hahaha

I would say no. Because when a supplier gives donations to a D&D, the beneficiary is the company directly and not an individual.

↡ Advertisement

If a developer offers me a hefty discount on their property but there is no overt (or no proof of one) agreement for me to do anything in return, is it bribery or not?

[sly]

• Praise 1

If a developer offers me a hefty discount on their property but there is no overt (or no proof of one) agreement for me to do anything in return, is it bribery or not?

[sly]

if the discount is to you alone, and everyone else is paying much more than you then there may be reason to investigate... 

if the discount is to you alone, and everyone else is paying much more than you then there may be reason to investigate... 

Agree that there is a reason to investigate.

But if there is no proof of any quid pro quo and the only "evidence" is the hefty discount?

[sly]

Depends on who you are, i.e. background or backing.  -_-

Agree that there is a reason to investigate.

But if there is no proof of any quid pro quo and the only "evidence" is the hefty discount?

the investigation should uncover some additional evidence, the developer still has to explain why they offered you such a discount in the first place. onus should be on you and the developer to prove that there is no "bribery" involved. 

my personal opinion and i stand corrected by the professionals  [laugh]

Depends on who you are, i.e. background or backing.  -_-

if the investigation can uncover some potential benefit to the developer by giving the discount then that serves as the motive... like murder investigation haha... 

[sly]

Sometimes unclean property developers willing to give more discount. Don’t worry about bribery or not....

a lot of things no proof does not mean no wrong? [sly][laugh]

[sly]

Edited by Wt_know

Share dropped less than 3%, so investors confident it is going up?

interesting, perform better than it was in Oct. 

I think this was already anticipated since last year so it was mostly priced in. The fall is maybe due to the fine being larger than the market expected.

[sly]

ahhhhh..... i saw what u did ah..... :secret-laugh:

If it is... then many purchases made in an open market should be open to investigations.... 

the car that i bought recently got decent discount also ley... ask CPIB come investigate me!~

Back to the topic at hand...  for the company to pay such a hefty fine.... yet the ''culprits'' not persecuted locally... 

Im more interested in the repercussions of this rather than nassim jade....  

Edited by SuPerBoRed

[sly]

Eh how come sounds so familiar ah? Wait wait I google first... Oh that time I still very young only interested in watching cartoons.

http://www.nas.gov.sg/archivesonline/speeches/record-details/79a75cde-115d-11e3-83d5-0050568939ad

Edited by Jellandross

Eh how come sounds so familiar ah? Wait wait I google first... Oh that time I still very young only interested in watching cartoons.

http://www.nas.gov.sg/archivesonline/speeches/record-details/79a75cde-115d-11e3-83d5-0050568939ad

Too long to read leh. Where got time? I will only read if it relates to lift upgrading for my MIL's HDB or some GST rebate to compensate for the upcoming GST increase.

But I was just asking a generic question. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead or actual events is purely coincidental.

Edited by Kusje

If it is... then many purchases made in an open market should be open to investigations....

the car that i bought recently got decent discount also ley... ask CPIB come investigate me!~

You must be dam bored! Inviting CPIB to jio u lar kopi is it......