Motul 8100 X-cess 5W40

Lmws214

I just changed engine oil a few days ago , using eh Motul 8100 X-cess engine oil.

My feel is that my car is more responsive and more importantly it can stretch more mileage, from the usual 9 km per litre to 10.5 km per litre (same mobil petrol I am using). Same driving style and same usual route I am taking.

This is a good engine oil so far I have used. So far I have used Redline, Shell, Elf, Mobil.

More info can be read here below:-

http://www.motul.com/sg/en/news/products-innovation/new-x-cess-sae-5w40-for-the-toughest-demands

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I just changed engine oil a few days ago , using eh Motul 8100 X-cess engine oil.

My feel is that my car is more responsive and more importantly it can stretch more mileage, from the usual 9 km per litre to 10.5 km per litre (same mobil petrol I am using). Same driving style and same usual route I am taking.

This is a good engine oil so far I have used. So far I have used Redline, Shell, Elf, Mobil.

More info can be read here below:-

http://www.motul.com/sg/en/news/products-innovation/new-x-cess-sae-5w40-for-the-toughest-demands

Motul is expensive and quite good. if your fuel consumption does improve then you’ll probably recover the extra cost easily.

stream. other oil so far does not give me this mileage, This motul is light and smooth oil, like it very much

what car you driving now? does other brand like redline, shell , elf and mobil gives you  similar mileage compared to motul that you using now?

I used it b4 on my GTI. Packaging say it made in vietnam. Can't say good or no good coz after every oil change, engine always feels smoother anyway....

I used it b4 on my GTI. Packaging say it made in vietnam. Can't say good or no good coz after every oil change, engine always feels smoother anyway....

yes agreed. every new oil that goes in will feel smooth and quiet. after certain mileage it will be rough and noisy.  personally i think alloil is more of less the same. you change cheap oil you change more frequently. you change expensive oil you frequency of changing is not that often cos we have the mind set we paid very ex for the oil why drain out so fast? in actual fact, the more frequent you change the oil the better. Nothing beats fresh oil in the engine.

thanks for sharing.

yes agreed. every new oil that goes in will feel smooth and quiet. after certain mileage it will be rough and noisy.  personally i think alloil is more of less the same. you change cheap oil you change more frequently. you change expensive oil you frequency of changing is not that often cos we have the mind set we paid very ex for the oil why drain out so fast? in actual fact, the more frequent you change the oil the better. Nothing beats fresh oil in the engine.

i have tried both motul xcess 8100 and 300v, both 5w30

300v price difference almost double of 8100

but i strongly recommend 300v

comparing both, 300v improves engine more - alot quieter during cold start and idling at traffic light cannot feel any engine noise or vibration

fc also improved and most important, pickup n acceleration is better

note that 8100 is good, its on par with castrol edge titanium 5w30

and is better than mobil one 5w30

is just that 300v is way better than 8100 and castrol edge ti of the same viscosity

btw i am not affiliated to motul, castrol, mobil

just a consumer sharing the user experience

Twincharged

comparing both, 300v improves engine more - alot quieter during cold start and idling at traffic light cannot feel any engine noise or vibration

is just that 300v is way better than 8100 and castrol edge ti of the same viscosity

Why not send for oil analysis to be more certain.

https://m.blackstone-labs.com

Motul oil is group V oil which is made in the lab.

Mobil 1/Castrol is hydrocrack PAO. Group IV oil.

Of course better la.

Edited by Davidtch

my point is, even within the brand itself, different model has different performance and quality

i have used xcess 8100 and 300v

conclusion is 300v is worth the premium

my point is, even within the brand itself, different model has different performance and quality

i have used xcess 8100 and 300v

conclusion is 300v is worth the premium

300v power racing is 5w30

8100 Eco-nergy is 5w30

they have 5w30 for 8100 xcess?? 

300v will not be worth the premium if you require higher TBN.

ohhh could be 8100 eco for 30 and xcess for 40

btw try 300v, its like magic

haha

300v power racing is 5w30

8100 Eco-nergy is 5w30

they have 5w30 for 8100 xcess??

300v will not be worth the premium if you require higher TBN.

ohhh could be 8100 eco for 30 and xcess for 40

btw try 300v, its like magic

haha

IMHO,  it is important to know which oil was used to compare with 300v because of your this statement

(figures round off)

oil type / Viscosity at 40°C / Viscosity at 100°C

300v power racing 5w30 / 64 / 11

8100 Eco-nergy 5w30 / 57 / 10

8100 x-cess 5w40 / 86 / 14

On specs,  for cold start   8100-5w30 will flow fastest, follow by 300v, follow by 8100-5w40

A better oil flow will result in better start up protection. Since the engine parts are "protected",  there will be less noise.

Also, it may be due to the ester content in the 300v that it is quieter during cold start, as my understanding from postings, that it will "cling" to metal parts. 

With lower viscosity Viscosity at 100°C, engine will be smoother and FC improve if it is 300v-5w30 vs 8100-5w40. 

Also again,  is the winter grade e.g. 0w 5w 10w important?   A lot of opinion says not applicable. 

Look at the Viscosity at 40°C for the EO below.  The lower viscosity,  the easier the oil will flow. 

oil type / Viscosity at 40°C / Viscosity at 100°C 

8100 Eco-nery 0w30 / 53 / 10

Like you said,  must try the 300v.

Another oil for consideration,  Redline 5w30

Redline 5w30 vs Motul 300v power racing 5w30

Viscosity at 40°C - 62 vs 64

Viscosity at 100°C - 10.6 vs 11

HTHS - 3.8 vs 3.5

How it translate in real world..... must try lor.  [laugh]

as mentioned in my other post, comparing motul 300v 5w30 with shell helix ultra, mobil one fuel eco, motul 8100 eco, Castrol edge titanium, redline signature, amsoil, all of the same weight 30

ranking from best to worst in terms of performance n fuel efficiency from my own experience is

1. motul 300v (best)

2. redline signature

3. amsoil

4. motul 8100eco/ castrol edge titanium

5. mobil one

6. shell (worst)

price wise, 300v is 4x price of shell

so what you pay is wat u get

btw i am not a oil seller or car mechanic and has no affiliation with any of the above brands

↡ Advertisement