LTA Designer De Extraordinaire

Achtung

Wondered who decided that it's fun to have lanes merged and unmerged a few times on a straight road. Stupidity at its best.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7

Such merging and unmerging road many around here lo. Tats why always drive slow and careful, if not high chance kana accident at merge lane.

Wondered who decided that it's fun to have lanes merged and unmerged a few times on a straight road. Stupidity at its best.

Pardon my commentary

https://youtu.be/wSWH5CVblTw

Which idiot design this? Always have close call here after woodlands checkpoint towards BKE.

This one is if you take the right most lanes outta woodlands check point. Then u go towards PIE.... yeah.. many heavy vehicles... gotta take it slow round the bend.

Edited by Achtung
  • Praise 2

The traffic junction at Marymount Rd and Toa Payoh Rise towards Thomson Rd also quite idiot, as the merge lane starts to merge immediate after the traffic junction, very dangerous.

I half suspect the designers at LTA are those that do not drive.

The traffic junction at Marymount Rd and Toa Payoh Rise towards Thomson Rd also quite idiot, as the merge lane starts to merge immediate after the traffic junction, very dangerous.

I buanged at the junction of Thomson Medical before. Posted video here before.

• Praise 1

It's quite stupid to merge and unmerge lanes... how does that help traffic? End up still the same throughput along the road... If they wanted to help they should make it 4 lanes all the way.

• Praise 1

You deserve a tiger bro.

It's quite stupid to merge and unmerge lanes... how does that help traffic? End up still the same throughput along the road... If they wanted to help they should make it 4 lanes all the way.

Merging and unmerging is to keep drivers awake.

So you have more things to do, more things to concentrate on.

Otherwise, you'd fall asleep at the wheel if the drive was too easy.

• Praise 1

Merging and unmerging is to keep drivers awake.

So you have more things to do, more things to concentrate on.

Otherwise, you'd fall asleep at the wheel if the drive was too easy.

I'll rather a drop dead gorgeous chick seated next to me with unbuttoned blouse.

• Praise 1

This kind of lanes I will be more careful and signal when I filter in and out.

Stupid design, probably. But definitely makes driving more engaging.  :psychotic:

I half suspect the designers at LTA are those that do not drive.

I buanged at the junction of Thomson Medical before. Posted video here before.

Agreed. Same with some Carpark designs.

More lanes at traffic junctioms is to account for different acceleration of heavy veh when lights turn green.

Can explain further? I catch no balls.

Can explain further? I catch no balls.

I imagine he means, with more lanes, you can chiong off when light turn green and overtake someone else, thus helping to clear the traffic.

I imagine he means, with more lanes, you can chiong off when light turn green and overtake someone else, thus helping to clear the traffic.

Eh...not logical.
↡ Advertisement