Chevrolet Cruze 2017

Brass

The new Chevrolet Cruze has not been brought in as of 2017.

This model has been speculated to come on sale in sg by first or second quarter of 2018 (iirc)

And since there is only talk about this model but no threads on it, I decided to take the initiative to start this thread.

This model, if priced correctly, can sell adequately.

For this model, there is only a 1.4 turbocharged Petrol or a 1.6 turbocharged Diesel engine, so the 1.6 NA will not be back...

Dimensions :

Wheelbase:2700mm

Length:4666mm

4453mm(hatchback)

Width:1795mm

Height:1458mm

1465mm(hatchback)

Weight:1195-1300 kg*

* Chinese models.

Rest of them are international (us ) models.

Thanks.

post-196254-0-60822900-1514298694_thumb.jpeg

post-196254-0-95997100-1514298705_thumb.jpeg

post-196254-0-88495100-1514298713_thumb.jpeg

post-196254-0-03909700-1514298726_thumb.jpeg

post-196254-0-61594800-1514298735_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Brass
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

This model has been speculated to come on sale in sg by first or second quarter of 2018 (iirc)

And since there is only talk about this model but no threads on it, I decided to take the initiative to start this thread.

For this model, there is only a 1.4 turbocharged Petrol or a 1.6 turbocharged Diesel engine, so the 1.6 NA will not be back...

Dimensions :

4453mm(hatchback)

1465mm(hatchback)

* Chinese models.

Thanks.

The rear of the sedan reminds of hyundai avante

• Praise 3

Dimensions :

4453mm(hatchback)

1465mm(hatchback)

* Chinese models.

Thanks.

Very Korean.

Preferred the previous Cruze and Malibu design language

• Praise 2

The Cruze was never designed for the old 1.6L NA anyway. 

This new Cruze is bigger and heavier than the prev gen, are u sure the car can still run with the old 1.6L NA? Also I doubt the old engine can meet Euro 6 no matter how the engineers work on it...

As much as I am a Chevy owner, I do hope GM can do some updates to the dash. The dash looks dated even at launch. 

GM is dragging its feet in converting their mainstreams models to RHD....

• Praise 4

steering wheel design is much better over the toyota.

thats for sure.

Thats the GM corp parts steering wheel.

You can find the same wheel all the way to Buick range. Even the current Camaro wheel is just a slight mod from this unit. 

1.4 turbo means high ves surcharge

Seriously that surcharge was specially designed as a tax collection mechanism la

Your engine can be fully Euro 6 compliant yet still got the surcharge. The old 1.6L NA will attract even higher surcharges isn't it?

It is technically near impossible to build an engine that can actually have rebates under the new VES nonsense. 

LTA scholars are more clever than any engine designers on this planet. Remember that. 

Just buy the car u can afford from next week onward la. I would gladly trade a reduction of $20k in COE prices for a $10k VES surcharge

Thats the GM corp parts steering wheel.

You can find the same wheel all the way to Buick range. Even the current Camaro wheel is just a slight mod from this unit.

Seriously that surcharge was specially designed as a tax collection mechanism la

Your engine can be fully Euro 6 compliant yet still got the surcharge. The old 1.6L NA will attract even higher surcharges isn't it?

It is technically near impossible to build an engine that can actually have rebates under the new VES nonsense.

LTA scholars are more clever than any engine designers on this planet. Remember that.

Just buy the car u can afford from next week onward la. I would gladly trade a reduction of $20k in COE prices for a $10k VES surcharge

Hkw to drop coe by 20k w/o huge increase in quota by next week onwards? U mean u have insider story that coe quota is going to increase alot?

The 2018 Chevrolet Cruze TD, a vehicle GM hopes will help dispel the stigma on oil burners and become an alternative to gas-powered econoboxes and hybrids.
  • Praise 1

Hkw to drop coe by 20k w/o huge increase in quota by next week onwards? U mean u have insider story that coe quota is going to increase alot?

Actually from 0.25% increment to today's 0%... its not that much. 

Short of a 100% increase of quota every month, the availability of COE does not affect the COE prices that much these days.

COE prices can only go down when LCR and other dealers that deals with U/G stops buying new cars to expand their fleets. 

Which if u look carefully is already happening. They bought too many cars and there ain't enough PHV drivers to drive them. 

Plus for Grab, they do not stipulate that the car used must be less than 7 yrs old and >1.4L etc... so many Grab drivers are renting near 10 yr old junks as PHV cars. Some even used >10 yr old junks with min maint done to the cars for PHV duties. It's a hazard and unpleasant ride for us riders, but that's another story. 

You just see lor. COE prices will drop even further come 3rd quarter of this year till end of 2019. This is where those 2008-2009 cars that were bought with <$10k COE needs to go to the junkyards. And since few could afford new cars, the window may be just suitable for u if u can hang on till then

Neutral Newbie

As for me, previous design of Chevy Cruise was much better, it looked more agressive and sporty. But that car is very convenient and well-controlled. 

↡ Advertisement