Singaporeans killed in Arizona highway accident

Jman888

I guess we think everywhere we are World Class ..... and like to YOLO (without any scant regard for wisdom and experience )

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Actually driving LHD you can get used to after a while.

But driving overseas is a completely different proposition from driving in Singapore, and that is the tricky part. The distances are longer, the speeds are higher, the culture is different. This one requires more time to adapt and requires more concentration from the driver. And you cannot bring your own Singaporean driving habits there (tailgating, road hogging, change lane without signal etc), because otherwise you will get into trouble.

I don't do the above, so should be ok? 

[laugh]

Physical fitness is required for long distance driving.

The best test is drive non-stop SIN - KL

NSH quite easy lah. always lot of vehicles going here and there. 

Drive in NZ then sleep inducing at times.

• Praise 1

try on a weekday sunny hot afternoon ... not school holiday with very light traffic ...

if cruise at 110 ... really can fall asleep in minutes

NZ still got abit of scenery and weather is pleasing

Edited by Wt_know

try on a weekday sunny hot afternoon ... not school holiday with very light traffic ...

if cruise at 110 ... really can fall asleep in minutes

NZ still got abit of scenery and weather is pleasing

no lah. worst place i drove is australia, the freeway has no scenery. Just bushland beside it.

pass by the town u also dunno, u have to drive like another 10-15mins just to get to some town, why bother.

At least in USA, u get off the interstate then within few mins, u already reach the town liao for rest break.

NZ at least u drive through some towns in between, but at certain areas it maybe 150-200km before u get a decent break stop. But yeah NZ can stop along places and eat your sandwich or what.

I drove from fox glacier to CHC, which is about 390km. the last part after arthur's pass to CHC is really quite monotonous

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 2

I think more on the stamina physically and mentally. Even in NZ where initially you will be overwhelmed with the sceneries but at the same time mentally drained when you are excited. After a while the scenery tend to be the same and you will start to fall asleep.
  • Praise 1

I think more on the stamina physically and mentally. Even in NZ where initially you will be overwhelmed with the sceneries but at the same time mentally drained when you are excited. After a while the scenery tend to be the same and you will start to fall asleep.

True. usually my comfortable level is about 200+ km at most. if go past 300, i think it's too tiring unless u are really well rested.

i always remember that a character from Kane And Abel in Jeffrey archer's book died cos he fell asleep while driving home.

Edited by Lala81

My friend lives in France and she drives like 100 miles to work in Switzerland and back everyday.

Not sure if this helps but I keep a bottle of caffeine tablets in my car for those long highway drives but so far I have only used it once.

RIP.

Why RIP?

The story is : One need to be vigilant and alert when you are not familiar with the road. It is not the first incident at overseas already..

apparently driver doze off   [sweatdrop]

no lah. worst place i drove is australia, the freeway has no scenery. Just bushland beside it.

pass by the town u also dunno, u have to drive like another 10-15mins just to get to some town, why bother.

At least in USA, u get off the interstate then within few mins, u already reach the town liao for rest break.

NZ at least u drive through some towns in between, but at certain areas it maybe 150-200km before u get a decent break stop. But yeah NZ can stop along places and eat your sandwich or what.

I drove from fox glacier to CHC, which is about 390km. the last part after arthur's pass to CHC is really quite monotonous

NZ drive from one POI to another is really far but many small towns in between. The drive can however be very tiring. In the States, the distance can be very long as well, especially if driving through desert, sometimes hardly a car or township for miles and miles, can be a little daunting for newbies.

see the 1st post in this thread bro...

Oops, I thought the friend driving 100 miles to work in Switzerland has nothing to do with the phrase! 

Thanks Bro!

• Praise 2

I don't do the above, so should be ok? 

[laugh]

Should be ok la. Most important must pay attention.  [:p]

BTW wait till you try driving in China. That one really eye-opener.  :blink:

Edited by Benarsenal

True. usually my comfortable level is about 200+ km at most. if go past 300, i think it's too tiring unless u are really well rested.

For a moment i thought you were referring to speed travelled.

For a moment i thought you were referring to speed travelled.

Lol i drive ah pek car. Not conti turbo lol

Should be ok la. Most important must pay attention. [:p]

BTW wait till you try driving in China. That one really eye-opener. :blink:

Haha ive once seen a truck on its side on the highway due to overloading in Guangzhou. Imagine if u driving some small car beside it lol.

Physical fitness is required for long distance driving.

The best test is drive non-stop SIN - KL

Bladder cannot take it.......
  • Praise 1