Singaporeans killed in Arizona highway accident

Jman888

Ever witnessed a minor accident when I was in Brisbane years ago.

The lady driver was screaming instead of attempting to stop her car (or if she actually did, we couldn't tell).

The scream stopped when the car hit the car in front ð

The horn doesn't work?

So screaming helped.

↡ Advertisement

PHV lor. Stop to check phone, and not in housing estate, sometimes in the middle of heavy traffic.

Not even phv or taxi. Those I still close one eye. There are some cars that suddenly just stop and don't move again. Dunno if they getting phone calls or they checking for directions...

you can see when you are overseas you tend to appreciate other's culture and think those behaviors were gracious and safety sop.

if the driver do it here, many will kpkb the driver waste time doing all those sop and delay the travel time [laugh] [laugh]

What i can say is different country different culture...
  • Praise 1

One of my relatives knew her driving instructor.. was told that she wasn't too bright as a driver during the coaching.

Should have clocked more experience before driving in a foreign land.

Rip.

I guess the standard to pass here is more about following the law rather than how well you control the vehicle and how well you anticipate road and traffic conditions?

driving more in Singapore urban roads might not help too since the SA road condition is kinda rural and unfamiliar.

maybe she don't have a car to practice here, but renting a car in SA is an option since she has a license.

many things to consider that we just take for granted sometimes.

RIP

• Praise 1

sometimes is the driver behind cannot see what's going on.

But it's common to see drivers stop for no f**king reason in the middle of the road especially in hdb estates without any hazard light or what. I've met so many.

Happen to me too.

PHV checking their phones in my case.

Ever witnessed a minor accident when I was in Brisbane years ago.

The lady driver was screaming instead of attempting to stop her car (or if she actually did, we couldn't tell).

The scream stopped when the car hit the car in front ð

Car in front fault.

Lady screaming and they still don't want to get out of her way.

Cannot say she didn't warn them.

RIP. Speeding??

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/singaporean-killed-2-injured-in-iceland-car-crash-report-10120496

SINGAPORE: One Singaporean was killed, and two injured in a fatal car accident in South Iceland last Wednesday (Apr 4), according to Iceland Magazine. 

The three Singaporeans, all 24 years old, were driving on Ring Road, just outside the village of Vik when the driver of the car lost control of the vehicle, causing the car to roll over a few times before landing on the side of the road, the magazine reported.

The driver suffered critical injuries and had to be airlifted in a rescue helicopter by the Icelandic Coast Guard to the National University Hospital in Reykjavik.

The two passengers in the car were taken to the hospital in an ambulance and did not suffer critical injuries, according to the magazine.

The driver was pronounced dead on Wednesday night. 

Channel NewsAsia understands that consular assistance is being rendered to the Singaporeans involved in the accident and their families.

Advertisement

The South Icelandic police said in a Facebook post that everyone in the car was wearing a seatbelt at the time of the incident.

The police added last Thursday that investigations into the cause of the accident are still ongoing.

The South Iceland police added that four people have died in traffic accidents in its precinct this year.

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/singaporean-killed-2-injured-in-iceland-car-crash-report-10120496

From a face book comment, looks like the Ring Road is an accident prone area to foreigners.

post-23584-0-54053400-1523378076_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ender
↡ Advertisement