• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
9 replies to this topic | 35 praises

Posted 27 December 2017 - 10:19 PM

JJaassoonn
  • JJaassoonn
    1st Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Dear all, any user on Bridgestone GR100

planning to change, but on my mind which tyre should i change, in term of grip ?

1) Michelin XM2

2) CPC 5

3) Bridgestone GR100

Thanks

Tianmo praised this
The feeling never end

Posted 28 December 2017 - 08:01 AM

Sturtles
  • Premium member
    Sturtles
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Dear all, any user on Bridgestone GR100

planning to change, but on my mind which tyre should i change, in term of grip ?

1) Michelin XM2

2) CPC 5

3) Bridgestone GR100

Thanks

Just changed to a set of CPC5s

Heaven and earth compared to the OEM Dunlops.

Works best at tire pressure of 280psi for good rebound control and comfort.

Not extremely quiet, but better than the Dunnies

Tianmo and Sadan praised this

Posted 28 December 2017 - 08:26 AM

Columbian78
  • Columbian78
    6th Gear
    Author Image

My comments on GR100. Had used it (215/50/17, thailand) around 2 years ago. Nothing good to say about this tyre. Suppose to be a premium touring tyre from the world number 1 (sales) tyre brand, but I don't feel it. Certainly not the same class as GR80 and GR90 which I had previously on another car.

Number 1 reason why I will never get it again is its poor performance on wet. Going over wet puddles at below legal limits can cause the car to be pulled dangerously to 1 side. This does not happen with the other 2 sets of tyres I had on the same car since rdding of the gr100.

Noisy if you compare among touring tyres that are suppose to be quiet. Noiser than some performance tyres even.

Very soft. Good if your car setup is hard and you wanna use tyre to soften abit. 

Wear rate is poor, will not last more than 40k. I got rid after 2x k.

Braking distance not tested but should be ok for bnb cars.

Tianmo and Carbon82 praised this

Posted 29 January 2018 - 07:55 PM

Bioinformatics
  • Premium member
    Bioinformatics
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

My comments on GR100. Had used it (215/50/17, thailand) around 2 years ago. Nothing good to say about this tyre. Suppose to be a premium touring tyre from the world number 1 (sales) tyre brand, but I don't feel it. Certainly not the same class as GR80 and GR90 which I had previously on another car.

Number 1 reason why I will never get it again is its poor performance on wet. Going over wet puddles at below legal limits can cause the car to be pulled dangerously to 1 side. This does not happen with the other 2 sets of tyres I had on the same car since rdding of the gr100.

Noisy if you compare among touring tyres that are suppose to be quiet. Noiser than some performance tyres even.

Very soft. Good if your car setup is hard and you wanna use tyre to soften abit. 

really so bad???

my previous GR90 rocks....

Freeder praised this

Posted 29 January 2018 - 08:34 PM

JJaassoonn
  • JJaassoonn
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Just changed to a set of CPC5s

Heaven and earth compared to the OEM Dunlops.

Works best at tire pressure of 280psi for good rebound control and comfort.

Not extremely quiet, but better than the Dunnies

Hi Sturties,

CPC5s new development ? price for 4 pcs ?

Thanks

The feeling never end

Posted 29 January 2018 - 08:48 PM

Sturtles
  • Premium member
    Sturtles
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Hi Sturties,

CPC5s new development ? price for 4 pcs ?

Thanks

Current model I guess.

Checkout the advertisers on SG carmart or Stamford Tires.

therock praised this

Posted 29 January 2018 - 09:02 PM

Yewheng
  • Premium member
    Yewheng
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Actually car pull to one side when drove over puddle of water maybe because that shock absorbers is gone case already. So you may also want to check whether your shock absorbers is still okay not.

Posted 30 January 2018 - 03:19 PM

Roberttan
  • Roberttan
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Actually car pull to one side when drove over puddle of water maybe because that shock absorbers is gone case already. So you may also want to check whether your shock absorbers is still okay not.

drive over puddle of water pulls to one side

Possible?

Shock absorber

Left right tires thread depth no balance

Pressure not equal

Road not level

Water level not level

etc

anyone can share ?

Posted 31 January 2018 - 02:08 PM

Ahbengdriver
  • Ahbengdriver
    Supercharged
    Author Image

woo GUI see bo ?

===========================================================================
I am looking for another word other than "disgusting" to describe 4.62 minion but bcos I neber pass my PSLE, the only word I know is "KNNBCBB"

Posted 01 February 2018 - 06:23 PM

JJaassoonn
  • JJaassoonn
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Today went to YHI was quoted for Yokohama BluEarth AE50 ( 215/60/16 ) @ $120 per pieces.

Any comment n the tyre ?

http://www.tyrerevie...uEarth-AE50.htm

The feeling never end

Back to Tyres and Rims  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Continental ContiPremiumContact 5

Continental ContiPremiumContact 5  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Keefe  |  1st Gear

Amazing tires for the price

My previous C1S were left about 30% But decided to switch since there's a promotion. The ride became softer and quieter right away. The C1S is known to be soft throughout its lifespan. Noise picked up a little towards the end. The C... » Read More

Continental ContiPremiumContact 5

Continental ContiPremiumContact 5  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Seanliu  |  Clutched

Couldn't feel different compare to average tyres

Have been using it for 15000km ++ and sold it off, thread left about 75 % Due to it's 205 profile cause my fuel drop by 5 - 10% Due to drag compare to Honda jazz OEM tyre. Later I changed to Yokohama AE-01 with 195 Profile A Lot of... » Read More

Related Product Guide search on sgCarMart.com : Bridgestone Turanza GR-100, Michelin Energy XM2, Continental ContiPremiumContact 5

Quick Reply

Tags: honda, hondamichelin and 5 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users