Which Cars Will Be The Best Sellers Of 2018 ?

therock

Less than a fortnight to go until the end of 2018!

So will the Toyota haters be happy? 

I am sure the Corolla won't be the top seller of 2018. In the price sensitive segment of the market, pound per dollar of metal matters.  The aggressive marketing by Hyundai will ensure that the Elantra will likely take top honors. 

The K3 should be somewhere in the top ten too. Other cars which sold well include the traditional Merc C Class, and maybe the E Class. 

However will the Corolla be booted out of the top ten? No, I think it has done enough to move enough cars to retain a top ten spot. I also see a lot of Vios and that may make the top ten too. 

The Vezel and the HRV may also sell enough, although if we only include AD sales, then I think there weren't that many HRV sales. 

The Mazda 3 may also have done enough for a top ten spot. 

Any other predictions? 

↡ Advertisement

Less than a fortnight to go until the end of 2018!

So will the Toyota haters be happy?

I am sure the Corolla won't be the top seller of 2018. In the price sensitive segment of the market, pound per dollar of metal matters. The aggressive marketing by Hyundai will ensure that the Elantra will likely take top honors.

The K3 should be somewhere in the top ten too. Other cars which sold well include the traditional Merc C Class, and maybe the E Class.

However will the Corolla be booted out of the top ten? No, I think it has done enough to move enough cars to retain a top ten spot. I also see a lot of Vios and that may make the top ten too.

The Vezel and the HRV may also sell enough, although if we only include AD sales, then I think there weren't that many HRV sales.

The Mazda 3 may also have done enough for a top ten spot.

Any other predictions?

Wonder how BM feel that their altis has been overtaken by elantra.

For many years no sedans can beat it. Now it's a knockout punch to them

I think hyundai elantra or kia best selling. Honda civic I don't think so, cos you see outlook nice but too low seat and long terms in/out of the car I believed many people will feel uncomfortable some more 40% down payment, think consumer will rather get a hyundai or kia taking a 5years loan and sell away before 5years.

I think hyundai elantra or kia best selling. Honda civic I don't think so, cos you see outlook nice but too low seat and long terms in/out of the car I believed many people will feel uncomfortable some more 40% down payment, think consumer will rather get a hyundai or kia taking a 5years loan and sell away before 5years.

Civic 1.6NA is Cat A.

Some cars changed the buying landscape this year. Some will be top sellers but they really shook things up:

- the outgoing Elantra was priced to sell. Good value for money, good feature set, the old engine and heavy body not withstanding.

- the Toyota Harrier from BM. Killed PI sales of the Harrier, and I don't know how much to price a PI resale car now..

- Audi A4. Superb value, the lack of active safety features not withstanding. You get a 2l turbo car with some luxury trappings. Merc C Class rival and more.

- Subaru Forrester NA. The outgoing model was one VFM car. Jap made, solid, and tough car. FC wasn't great, but it was a lot of car for the money.

- Toyota Wish. The workhorse taxi in many countries. Reliable and tough. VFM. Let's hope the Prius + does the same.

- Toyota Corolla. BM sold a bunch of them at reduced prices earlier this year, so I think it will still be in the top ten. It may not be everyone's dream car, but those who are less into feature count, and more keen on reliability will appreciate the 7 airbag revamped version. 

I look forward to the figures and see how things pan out. 

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/super-luxe-car-sales-zoom-ahead-of-the-masses

190129_super-luxe-car-sales_online.jpg

Honda pipped long-established front-runner Toyota to secure pole position with 15,040 cars sold, 6.1 per cent fewer than in 2017.

Toyota delivered 13,817 cars, 27.8 per cent fewer than the previous year.

These numbers however, include a sizeable percentage of parallel imports - cars which are sourced from overseas dealers instead of directly from car manufacturers.

Excluding parallel imports, Honda agent Kah Motor said its sales improved from 2017, but would not reveal figures.

Mercedes-Benz, which also has a parallel import segment, was third. Its sales shrank by 10.7 per cent to 7,122 units.

Hyundai sales surged by more than 70 per cent to reach 6,540 units, making the brand the fourth bestseller of 2018, and the brand with the biggest sales improvement of the lot.

• Praise 1

I wonder what are the Honda models that are still selling so well in 2018, Vezel and ?

and i believe quite a lot of the 15k honda sold are from PI, not from KM.

Should be Vezel & Shuttle... see quite a few on the road

Despite the best efforts by the Koreans, the two big Jap companies are still at the top.

Honda is mainly supported by PI sales.

Toyota has many models under it's belt, some PI sales also contribute to it.

And the ubiquitous Corolla will still sell. It has brand value, like the Merc, another top seller, that reliable monikor is worth millions in sales.

But the Elantra did make a big dent and will go from strength to strength.

It will force the other companies in the B&B segment to innovate and compete more. 

↡ Advertisement