Lemon Law - A Grey Area Not Covered?

mzhks

Hi Guys,

Firstly, Merry Christmas and I hope you guys are enjoying the festive holidays!!

To start this, I've went down to view and test drive a Kia Cerato Forte Koup 2.0 yesterday at WCEGA Plaza, Top Carz / Pioneer Auto. (#02-55)

I was about to submit my particulars to purchase the car when I threw the question if Lemon Law is applied to this car.

The dealer said no and there isn't any lemon law applicable for their cars.

No reason was given when I ask and he just keep saying that their cars on sale has no lemon law.

Alternatively, I can get a 3rd party warranty for 6 months, which I have to service my car at their workshop if not the warranty is void.

On top of that, I would need to pay a premium for the warranty.

I have rejected the car purchase and would like to ask if anybody has encountered the exact situation with other dealers as he said in the market there are some who doesn't apply lemon law?

From what I know, lemon law should apply even if it doesn't state on the sales agreement or contract. But, if in the event the sales agreement states a clause that the vehicle is sold under "as it is" condition, then there will not be lemon law applicable.

Sincerely seek the community's advise or opinion on this. Thanks.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Buy from CASE accredited dealers. I am sure they say their cars are covered by lemon law.

Anyway you made a wise choice by walking away

CASE accredited? [laugh]  [laugh]

Park 50k at one corner. Put the decal on storefront.

Use it to chop more carrots.

A case accredited carrot chopper! [bounce2]

• Praise 1

Between a CASE and None CASE dealer, the choice is obvious .

CASE accredited? [laugh]  [laugh]

Park 50k at one corner. Put the decal on storefront.

Use it to chop more carrots.

A case accredited carrot chopper! [bounce2]

Just an example give you okay.

Would you buy from Mayfair(Casetrust) or VinCar?

Don't be so gullible with that decal lah... [laugh]

Hi Guys,

Firstly, Merry Christmas and I hope you guys are enjoying the festive holidays!!

To start this, I've went down to view and test drive a Kia Cerato Forte Koup 2.0 yesterday at WCEGA Plaza, Top Carz / Pioneer Auto. (#02-55)

I was about to submit my particulars to purchase the car when I threw the question if Lemon Law is applied to this car.

The dealer said no and there isn't any lemon law applicable for their cars.

No reason was given when I ask and he just keep saying that their cars on sale has no lemon law.

Alternatively, I can get a 3rd party warranty for 6 months, which I have to service my car at their workshop if not the warranty is void.

On top of that, I would need to pay a premium for the warranty.

I have rejected the car purchase and would like to ask if anybody has encountered the exact situation with other dealers as he said in the market there are some who doesn't apply lemon law?

From what I know, lemon law should apply even if it doesn't state on the sales agreement or contract. But, if in the event the sales agreement states a clause that the vehicle is sold under "as it is" condition, then there will not be lemon law applicable.

Sincerely seek the community's advise or opinion on this. Thanks.

Very hard to apply lemon law if the car is under consignment meaning the car is consign by the owner to the company to help to sell. So lemon law doesn't apply to individual seller. But it's very hard to apply lemon law on the company unless you're rich.

• Praise 1

Very hard to apply lemon law if the car is under consignment meaning the car is consign by the owner to the company to help to sell. So lemon law doesn't apply to individual seller. But it's very hard to apply lemon law on the company unless you're rich.

I understand that lemon law can't be applied to direct selling from owners to buyers or consignment vehicles.

So does it mean it's still subjected even when you buy directly from a dealer who have taken over the vehicle?

Just an example give you okay.

Would you buy from Mayfair(Casetrust) or VinCar?

Don't be so gullible with that decal lah... [laugh]

VinCar is good.

Even our new car bought from them in the past has not much problem s

• Praise 1

No diff la. Dealers hv been laughing in front of the toothless tiger’s face for the longest time
  • Praise 1

No diff la. Dealers hv been laughing in front of the toothless tiger’s face for the longest time

the CASE is not strong  :XD:

• Praise 1

Supercharged

The dealer just trying to smoke u that they are somehow exempt from Lemon Law.

Dealer can include clauses saying whatever, but has no legal effect.

If confirm is dealer car and not consignment, then could have just bought and go ahead to claim under Lemon Law when necessary/applicable.

Only thing is if they already declared certain things are faulty and u accepted the faults, ie. did not demand they be fixed or agreed that dealer need not fix, then i think cannot claim Lemon Law for these faults.

Edited by Eyke

Just make sure it's within 6 months and the fault is not wishy washy type like noise that no one can hear type.

Also make sure an email is send and acknowledge. Means on the spot write and have dealer reply acknowledge.

Edited by Sdf4786k
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1