• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
40 replies to this topic | 515 praises

Posted 31 December 2017 - 10:15 AM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

2 elderly parents caring for their girl who was strickened with brain cancer.

Very touching, brought a tear to my eye.

http://www.channelne...lastoma-9821022

Jamesc, Ender, Carbon82, BanCoe, RadX, Ingenius, Pocy, 8 other members and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 31 December 2017 - 10:19 AM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I support this thread.

I like unconditional love.

No strings attached type.  [thumbsup]

:D

Lala81, Pocy, Tianmo, Hydrocarbon and BanCoe praised this
Say no to harsh artificial chemicals

that pollute the earth

and go natural. [thumbsup]

Posted 31 December 2017 - 10:22 AM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I support this thread.

No strings attached type.  [thumbsup]

hahaha

Posted 31 December 2017 - 11:25 AM

Carbon82
Reminded me of another case (in Singapore), where the girl is a teenage but look like a toddler and on breathing devices too, and yet the parents never give up on her till her last breath.

If there is miracle, I do wish it happened on them. Still the same words from me: Cherish the time with your loved one, as you will never know if it is the last moment with them.

Edited by Carbon82, 31 December 2017 - 11:26 AM.

BanCoe, Spring, RadX, Pocy, Lala81 and Dleodleo praised this
<!-- isHtml:1 -->Behaviour shapes attitudes, and over a period of time, solidifies into beliefs.

Posted 31 December 2017 - 11:36 AM

Ingenius
  • Premium member
    Ingenius
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Very touching indeed.  I think we can show our children this article and let them know a parent's love for their children is the greatest of all. 

Lala81, Carbon82, Ender, Atonchia and Tianmo praised this
Argueing with a fool proves there are two.

Posted 31 December 2017 - 12:00 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Reminded me of another case (in Singapore), where the girl is a teenage but look like a toddler and on breathing devices too, and yet the parents never give up on her till her last breath.

Yeah she passed away 1-2 years ago

Posted 31 December 2017 - 12:03 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

Really against the odds but glad they persevered

The power of love

Happy new year all bros here.

Peace and good health always. Life is indeed valuable, make the most of itπŸ™πŸ½
Ender, Pocy, Lala81, Atonchia, nazerath and Uncle2 praised this
RESPECT is only for the DEAD!
CirclesLife Code: RADX89

Posted 31 December 2017 - 12:03 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

This was another recent article also from CNA insider about a mother taking care of her son who was a pilot trainee in RSAF before he suffered some event.

https://www.channeln...day-get-9513962

She seems to be separated from her husband and only staying with the maid.

Posted 31 December 2017 - 12:04 PM

Ingenius
  • Premium member
    Ingenius
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

For those staying at home with family or love one today, maybe can watch a movie Love Actually, which is a very loving and warm hearted touching movie.  Happy New Year !

RadX, Pocy and Dleodleo praised this
Argueing with a fool proves there are two.

Posted 31 December 2017 - 12:34 PM

Pocy
  • Premium member
    Pocy
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I support this thread.

No strings attached type. [thumbsup]

My support too 😟
Uncle2 and BanCoe praised this

Posted 31 December 2017 - 12:36 PM

Ash2017
  • Ash2017
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Strange, some fight to live others can't wait to kill themselves faster eg smoking, taking recreational drugs because either look cool, peer pressure or status symbols.

The fact of the matter is death is inevitable, we only accelerate our end.

In addition, many of these tumors or many other diseases are man created. eg. chemicala found in our water and food, pollution from vehicles and factories, electromagnetic waves from phones to electric installation, we cant even settle on global warming while at the meantime meaningless lives lost of animals, etc.

Locally, we spent 13 billion each year on military but how much on healthcare. How many dare not seek medical care early because fear of money issues? Have we lost our sense of priorities?

As a human race we are doom.

Posted 31 December 2017 - 01:15 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I feel unconditional love everyday.

I come back home and my doggie waiting there to welcome me.
Lala81 praised this
do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 31 December 2017 - 01:20 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I feel unconditional love everyday.

I come back home and my doggie waiting there to welcome me.

doggies rock.

Posted 31 December 2017 - 02:07 PM

Atonchia
  • Atonchia
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

This was another recent article also from CNA insider about a mother taking care of her son who was a pilot trainee in RSAF before he suffered some event.

https://www.channeln...day-get-9513962

She seems to be separated from her husband and only staying with the maid.

Sad case.
Bright future suddenly taken away.

Think he was waiting to be commissioned as officer when the accident happened. He just cleared his PRO term in Australia.
AltisOwner praised this
Be not afraid of moving slowly. Be afraid only of standing still.

Posted 31 December 2017 - 02:15 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Sad case.
Bright future suddenly taken away.

Think he was waiting to be commissioned as officer when the accident happened. He just cleared his PRO term in Australia.

yeah. his mother faithfully taken care of him for 18 years liao. 

Taking care of these disabled individuals is incredibly draining and tiring. And they hardly get rest. Respite care in the community hospitals is not cheap.

Posted 31 December 2017 - 02:49 PM

Sosaria
  • Sosaria
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Strange, some fight to live others can't wait to kill themselves faster eg smoking, taking recreational drugs because either look cool, peer pressure or status symbols.

The fact of the matter is death is inevitable, we only accelerate our end.

In addition, many of these tumors or many other diseases are man created. eg. chemicala found in our water and food, pollution from vehicles and factories, electromagnetic waves from phones to electric installation, we cant even settle on global warming while at the meantime meaningless lives lost of animals, etc.

Locally, we spent 13 billion each year on military but how much on healthcare. How many dare not seek medical care early because fear of money issues? Have we lost our sense of priorities?

As a human race we are doom.

Well, there are no guarantees. Some people eat healthy, exercise, stay fit, no smoke / drink ..... still get struck down by serious condition. Bad luck.

As for seeking care early, it's often the case nowadays that developing illnesses are brushed aside by doctors until situation becomes too serious to ignore. Just like the girl with brain cancer, bear the symptoms for a year before some doc was alert enough to detect the cause. That's just bad luck - maybe could've been caught and treated early.

Edited by Sosaria, 31 December 2017 - 02:50 PM.

Ash2017 and BanCoe praised this

Posted 31 December 2017 - 02:50 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

It is indeed sad and parents only worry what would happen to them when the parents are gone

I was in that situation and threatened with the possibility of being bed ridden, these thoughts passed my mind. It is but a miracle that I’m here today in the most normal state. I live my life now with the highest form of gratitude and do my best to aid those in similar situations

Really deel for the caregivers . Utmost respect.

Peace all

Edited by RadX, 31 December 2017 - 02:50 PM.

Carbon82 and Adrianli praised this
RESPECT is only for the DEAD!
CirclesLife Code: RADX89

Posted 31 December 2017 - 02:51 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Well, there are no guarantees. Some people eat healthy, exercise, stay fit, no smoke / drink ..... still get struck down by serious condition. Bad luck.

As for seeking care early, it's often the case nowadays that developing illnesses are brushed aside by doctors until situation becomed too serious to ignore. Just like the girl with brain cancer, bear the symptoms for a year before some doc was alert enough. That's just bad luck - maybe could've been caught and treated early.

The girl already had MRI brain normal liao the year before. Short of cutting her up and looking inside with a microscope, i think it's not that the doctors dismiss it, just that they couldn't find the illness until it showed up on scans.

Posted 31 December 2017 - 03:48 PM

Ash2017
  • Ash2017
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

The girl already had MRI brain normal liao the year before. Short of cutting her up and looking inside with a microscope, i think it's not that the doctors dismiss it, just that they couldn't find the illness until it showed up on scans.

Could they have missed the diagnosis or signs on MRI because they did not do specific sequence or did not had a contrast examination.

It is quite an established well literatured tumour.

Posted 31 December 2017 - 04:47 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Could they have missed the diagnosis or signs on MRI because they did not do specific sequence or did not had a contrast examination.

It is quite an established well literatured tumour.

Hindsight is always 20/20.

Life doesn't approximate a TV show like House whereby everything is solved in forty five mins excluding commercials.

Anyway I'm not going to bother to reply anymore. Not like it makes any difference to the poor girl.

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: love, parents, sad, human and 3 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users