SG budget 2018, 19 Feb 2018

RadX

Lai Lai.....time of that year again....I see as no go

COE to be tightened, ERP huat ah, etc etc hahhaha

Budget 2018 to be delivered on Feb 19

Finance Minister Heng Swee Keat at Parliament House on Monday (Feb 20) to deliver Budget 2017. (Photo: Xabryna Kek)

SINGAPORE: Finance Minister Heng Swee Keat will deliver Singapore’s 2018 Budget Statement in Parliament on Feb 19.

In a press release on Monday (Jan 1), the Ministry of Finance (MOF) said there will be live television and radio coverage of the Budget Statement. A live webcast will also be available on the ministry’s Singapore Budget website.

The Budget Statement will be uploaded on the Singapore Budget website after the speech has been delivered, MOF added.

Real-time updates of key announcements from the Budget Statement will be posted on the MOF Facebook page and the MOF Twitter account.

A Pre-Budget Facebook Q&A session will be held on Thursday (Jan 4) from 8.00pm to 9.00pm, according to the release. Members of the public have been encouraged to join the ‘live’ Q&A session on REACH’s Facebook page.

Singaporeans can also share their views and suggestions in person on Budget 2018 at the REACH Pre-Budget Listening Points that are easily accessible, open booths for Singaporeans to share their feedback.

The ongoing feedback exercise will close on Friday (Jan 12

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/budget-2018-to-be-delivered-on-feb-19-9824316

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/budget-2018-to-be-delivered-on-feb-19-9824316

Edited by RadX
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

later gona announce increase in GST. Huat ah.

yup!  the question beckons is now many %?

I say 2%.....long term target should be 13%

i think should be 9% increase. Looking at the trend of how GST have increased over the years. It may also go up to 10% depending on how hungry they are. We are at the loosing end. There is nothing that we can do.

haha radx ... today only 1/Jan leh

give chance to “enjoy” for a moment leh

comes Feb ... ho say liao ... Game Over !

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

yup! the question beckons is now many %?

the experts predicting 1% this year and 1% next year...

i think should be 9% increase. Looking at the trend of how GST have increased over the years. It may also go up to 10% depending on how hungry they are. We are at the loosing end. There is nothing that we can do.

9% increase!!

In full: PM Lee's New Year message 2018 - 'A strong foundation for the future'

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/in-full-pm-lee-s-new-year-message-2018-a-strong-foundation-for-9823240

Needs strong budget to support.

Singapore to continue restructuring economy, investing in infrastructure in 2018: PM Lee

Read more at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/pm-lee-hsien-loong-new-year-message-2018-9823236

SINGAPORE: Amid an uncertain external environment, Singapore must press on with plans to restructure its economy and invest in its infrastructure in 2018, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said in his New Year message on Sunday (Dec 31).

This includes continuing to implement Industry Transformation Maps, and using SkillsFuture to inculcate lifelong learning and help workers to adapt and grow in new jobs, Mr Lee said.

Healthcare facilities are also being expanded to prepare for an ageing population, and more pre-schools being built to give children a strong start in life, he added.

As for infrastructure, the Government is working on improving rail reliability and growing the MRT network, Mr Lee said. Major infrastructure projects in the pipeline include Changi Airport’s Terminal 5, the Tuas Megaport and the high-speed rail link to Kuala Lumpur.

“All these are essential investments in our future. They require time and resources, and will stretch way beyond this term of Government. We have to plan well ahead for them,” he said.

“This is how we have built today’s Singapore – each generation working and saving for the future, building on what it inherited and passing on something better to the next generation. This was the creed that drove the Pioneer Generation of Singaporeans, and it must animate our generation too.”

Looks like 2018 is a reset year.

Need a very robust budget to support.

Get the wallet ready.

• Praise 2

my gut feel GST 10% is 99.9% in plan liao

2018 - raise 1%

2019 - raise 2%

also impose GST to online shopping all transactions

for the past few weeks all the simi expert simi consultant

already talk about GST here there everywhere

all singing the cock-n-bull story GST last raised 10 years ago in 2007

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 2

Twincharged

My gut feeling is also the removal of $400 allowance before you are taxed on GST, more so for all online goods bought from overseas.

• Praise 2

my gut feel GST 10% is 99.9% in plan liao

2018 - raise 1%

2019 - raise 2%

also impose GST to online shopping all transactions

for the past few weeks all the simi expert simi consultant

already talk about GST here there everywhere

all singing the cock-n-bull GST last raised 10 years ago in 2007

All e-commerce transaction can be levied with GST by bank/credit card/ e-payment facilitators or courier for all overseas purchases that need to be shipped to SG.

My gut feeling is also the removal of $400 allowance before you are taxed on GST, more so for all online goods bought from overseas.

I think so too.

It's these smaller amount transactions that make the bulk of ecommerce transactions

i dont think ecommerce will be affected by this budget to the extend of imposing GST. This move has to be in line with international e commerce taxation.

Edited by StreamRSZ

Want to buy what better hurry up

Whatever things tv radio washing machine car

Really cannot wait anymore liao

Please press check out :XD:

• Praise 6

GST rise means smlj also rise ... not just affecting online shopping

petrol up

water up

electricity up

car park up

chap chai peng up

kopi-c up

i think my $12 QB House haircut also up ... [mad]

Want to buy what better hurry up
Whatever things tv radio washing machine car
Really cannot wait anymore liao
Please press check out :XD:

Edited by Wt_know

Actually for the salaries person, I think the budget makes little difference. Except perhaps for kopitam discussion and one or two unexpected policy like immediately lifting of surcharge for buying 2nd property.

The government knows the tolerance of the population so they may push to the limit with taxes and service fees.

Lets hope the new year celebration elation hangs until after the budget announcement

• Praise 2

If GST is going up ... I think  it is unlikely it will be graduated. Graduated increase will create chaos for the accounting systems, cash registers, etc for the next 2-3 years.

I think it is likely to be a jump from 7% ->10% but when they will effect this will be the key question.

Any one with a inside look into their crystal ball?

• Praise 2

yup!  the question beckons is now many %?

I say 9% long term 14% with substantial rebates for those in 1 room to 3 room flat.

Adjustment to ceiling cap for HDB buyer to 15K ( wishful thinking).

I say 9% long term 14% with substantial rebates for those in 1 room to 3 room flat.

Adjustment to ceiling cap for HDB buyer to 15K ( wishful thinking).

wah classifying 15k per month households as low income eligible for hdb will hurt many egos

↡ Advertisement