SG budget 2018, 19 Feb 2018

RadX

In my humble opinion, all the government needs to do is be prudent in their spending. Currently, the budget given to them are simply too easy and they just throw away public funds like Santa Claus. The $1 million bin centre is just a classic case and list goes all the way to London.

Funding to support certain initiative and business are great but who ensure such funding are being verified and how do you how these verification company/body accountable? 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

more money = more spending easily

more money = higher kpi

more money = more upgrades even still can continue to use

more money = higher pay

if no more money = raise tax ... huat ah!

Also hawkers cannot bluff taxman liao. So have to up prize to make up for "losses" in earnings.

Hawker deserve it. Tax them.

Give me 10% discount from card payment. No discount for cash payment.

Opp from market practices. Cash always got discount. Credit no dis count with Mark op price.

Then 50% for those high post ministers at least, especially PM. Revert back his salary to about SGD 1.2 million which is the salary of the then PM, GCT, before he left the position, and add in some amount taking account of inflation for the past years.

Don't anyhow suggest lah.

If he said I reduced 50%. You reduce 10%. You will sure go jump sea.

Edited by Kopites

Don't anyhow suggest lah.

If he said I reduced 50%. You reduce 10%. You will sure go jump sea.

If they want to reduce yours for 10%, then ensure that you are paying 10% less taxes as well.

Do join the feedback session on Thursday if you feel you want to comment. I think whilst it might be falling on deaf ears, I'd rather have it stated on record than not having tried at all.

I don't mind that they raise GST - if they first reduce their salaries by 15% across the board. Why? Because even with such "competitive" government salaries, there are still cases of corruption, bribery, etc. happening in the government?

So can we safely conclude that giving high salary from the public coffers will not give strong assurance for a clean government? So why not move the funds back into the public coffers for the "Strong Budget"?

Just my humble tuppence.

They will tell you they going to up their own salary to combat corruption lo. Better shuddap.
  • Praise 1

apparently you only go to those saloon with xmm wash hair and massage   [sly]

you know.. i know you are thinking along the dodgy lines.... 

but the salon i frequently go to .. really is for xmm to wash hair and massage for abt 20~30mins

juz to chill during lunch time ....  

I also thought still $10. ð

go saloon ... xmm say Hi Lengcai already cost $10 ... lol Edited by Wt_know

"Raising, adjusting taxes is a very big decision. You consider it carefully, you discuss it thoroughly, and you do it only when you absolutely have to.

"What will make you need to raise GST? Profligate spending and irresponsible, unsustainable plans. That is what will hurt and require you to raise taxes and GST."

[sleeping]

Edited by Kusje
  • Praise 1

Di di use the 2017 Q4 GDP to say how well sg is doin, but it's mainly the manufacturing and service sector showing signs of progress. They might go for 2% increase, or they wu ji one shot 3%. Xiao long and gang will be all smiles while the 平民百姓 continue to slog our asses till 62 and beyond. 

• Praise 2

Di di use the 2017 Q4 GDP to say how well sg is doin, but it's mainly the manufacturing and service sector showing signs of progress. They might go for 2% increase, or they wu ji one shot 3%. Xiao long and gang will be all smiles while the å¹³æ°ç¾å§ continue to slog our asses till 62 and beyond.

Slog, never mind.

Problem is that they are wasting money on things that doesn't work, overspending the taxpayers monies and using that to overpay themselves.

• Praise 1

meeting MP to share my wish for budget 2018

screw siham cowtex and s-slow ... only have spc in spore

Edited by Wt_know