COE Bidding – 1st Round of January 2018

Carbon82

Guess with so much uncertainties on the VES, car prices still not cheap.  COE hover around the same during this period. Come Feb, think picture could be clearer. I would buy now if price is right and affordable. Waiting for COE to crash seems likely but it is unlikely especially comes Feb.

Edited by Renegade777

Guess with so much uncertainties on tdhe VES, car prices still not cheap. COE hover around the same during this period. Come Feb, think picture could be clearer. I would buy now if price is right and affordable. Waiting for COE to crash seems likely but it is unlikely especially comes Feb.

How to crash? One ministar oredy say they backup system to prevent a fluke in coe price again. Forgotten which ministar said that and i lazy to google.....haiz!

Soya. This time it's a lady who complain.

Lady whiners are usually more powerful.

Do not undermine her comments. What I have heard is there's plans to introduce a surcharge for the 2nd car onwards in each household, just like the season parking in HDB car parks where the first car in each household  pays $110 and the 2nd car pays $120 (per month)

Discussions are underway. 

Do not undermine her comments. What I have heard is there's plans to introduce a surcharge for the 2nd car onwards in each household, just like the season parking in HDB car parks where the first car in each household pays $110 and the 2nd car pays $120 (per month)

This will definitely come one day as our population continues to grow.

wah .... like that Radx rushing down to motorshow to order car no 3, 4 and 5 [sly][laugh]

joke aside ... i understand the rationale of "surcharge" for 2nd car onward

but Ms Fiona ... don't be naive to think that COE will go down even so

spore population is growing ... demand is definitely more than supply for many many more years to come

besides ... when COE soften ... ah gong will impose other "trick" to squeeze you dry

raise ARF, raise GST, raise import duty, raise ERP, raise petrol tax, raise car park charges, etc

implement VES, VES+ .... VES Extra ... LOL

CAR is no $100K no talk ... that's the "baseline" liao

can stretch loan to buy car ... but can afford to drive and maintain the car bo? [sly]

Do not undermine her comments. What I have heard is there's plans to introduce a surcharge for the 2nd car onwards in each household, just like the season parking in HDB car parks where the first car in each household  pays $110 and the 2nd car pays $120 (per month)

Edited by Wt_know

wah .... like that Radx rushing down to motorshow to order car no 3, 4 and 5 [sly][laugh]

I think you are mistaken. Should be to order car no. 10th, 11th, 12th .....

See @RADX exisiting collection  [laugh]

Soya. This time it's a lady who complain.

Lady whiners are usually more powerful.

Yeah but broken record leh w no new facts.

Just becoz target ppl like T2 who can afford 4 cars, doesn’t mean the ‘poor’ can suddenly afford car. Ppl like RadX will snap up his 3rd car if COE drop and all MCFers minimum buy 2 cars.....all on full cash nia

the "L" is out of place leh

ohh ... it's for the maid to go Pasar ... lol

I think you are mistaken. Should be to order car no. 10th, 11th, 12th .....

See @RADX exisiting collection  [laugh]

The super rich that own a fleet of cars will not be hit by the mere surcharge. End of the day, it is still about how much you are will to pay.

If we are curbing multi cars ownership, then maybe 1st car registration normal and the rest off peak. Off peak cars will have different quota but strictly for off peak. However, there is no stopping of them buying using other proxy names too. 

If 1 person owned 10 cars, he only drives 1 at any 1 time. His only contribution is pushing up COE price. So, the charges via GPS tracking on usage seem to be most fair if can be implemented.  

For me, I think status quo is preferred. Any new idea means higher cost for sure.  :a-noway:

• Praise 3

The super rich that own a fleet of cars will not be hit by the mere surcharge. End of the day, it is still about how much you are will to pay.

If we are curbing multi cars ownership, then maybe 1st car registration normal and the rest off peak. Off peak cars will have different quota but strictly for off peak. However, there is no stopping of them buying using other proxy names too.

If 1 person owned 10 cars, he only drives 1 at any 1 time. His only contribution is pushing up COE price. So, the charges via GPS tracking on usage seem to be most fair if can be implemented.

For me, I think status quo is preferred. Any new idea means higher cost for sure. :a-noway:

Agreed with last para
  • Praise 3

the households with 4 or more cars have 4 or more professionals who need to travel living there

don't complain...ok?

:D  

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2