What actually happens when HDB confiscates your flat?

Lmws214

The HDB idea started well but it turns into a money milking machine. Greet cause it to be a monster today and burden to the future generations.

Who turns it into a money miking machine le? Esp the resale price in some hdb is really ridiculous.

↡ Advertisement

Other than those that cash out and get out of the country, those that stay to buy or pay for their next generations, where did the money goes?

Bro....knowing that the property is 99 years lease, you are suppose to plan for its investment returns if you are looking at it as an investment vehicle. However, there are also people who just buy it due to location, size, etc...they are not concern about whether it has investment returns or not.

I know it is natural that people wants the cake and eat it too but many things in life doesn't happen that way. Just like everybody wants cheap and good services, but they often don't go together.

99 years is still a long time to plan, hdb can still provide good rental returns if you know how to structure your property portfolio.

Bro, when did hdb can become an investment vehicle?

I only got one leh... which I am staying in. How to become investment?

Dun tell me move to JB and rent out here, I got 6 pple following me leh...

Bro....knowing that the property is 99 years lease, you are suppose to plan for its investment returns if you are looking at it as an investment vehicle. However, there are also people who just buy it due to location, size, etc...they are not concern about whether it has investment returns or not.

I know it is natural that people wants the cake and eat it too but many things in life doesn't happen that way. Just like everybody wants cheap and good services, but they often don't go together.

99 years is still a long time to plan, hdb can still provide good rental returns if you know how to structure your property portfolio.

This why HDB love you so much. Better than selling durian you know. 85% of the population queuing to buy at their inflated price and happy customers. where to find.

Dun tell me move to JB and rent out here, I got 6 pple following me leh...ð©

Don't sell for profits means not for investment.

Keep it as a house for next generation to continue living in.

Turbocharged

Sorry bro....just that when someone use the word "asset" it normally means some sort of instrument that has appreciation value, hence with investment returns.

Remember, you said this:

So is true then!!! Our hdb is not an asset...

err.....on the contrary, I don't think they like agents! The new HDB resale portal doesn't even have agents login anymore!

I quoted the "assets" from someone bro.... [sweatdrop] and all along, thot it's an asset too but now looks like it's not!

was thinking of keeping it for my next generation and the next.....looks like it can only last for 2 Gen!

After that, who knows, they probably need to sleep on the streets as everything is so expensive is SG.....

Like all things in SG, there is an expiry date....hence 99 years housing and 10 yrs for cars.

if we take the depreciation of cars and compute for housing, wonder how much depreciation per month ehh??

Anyway, my kids should be taken care of if they continue to stay in the HDB, but not so for thier kids....my grand children would need to buy house...that is another story altogether.... [:(]

HDB confirmed is an investment, cause people must earn profits when they sell away the house. Example buy 350k and sell at 550k!

then buy again at 800k? and owe the bank more and more and pay and pay....hhhmmmmm...

btw, you sure can sell at 550k? if let's say bought at 350k with 80 years left of lease....stay for 25 years, left with 55 years of lease...can see 550k?

I quoted the "assets" from someone bro.... [sweatdrop] and all along, thot it's an asset too but now looks like it's not!

was thinking of keeping it for my next generation and the next.....looks like it can only last for 2 Gen!

still got people in singapore keep their flat as 祖屋?  every couple will want to have their own flat/apartment on their own and not stay with parents liao.  The best way is to put the kids name as beneficiary of sales proceed from the flat when parents pass on.

still got people in singapore keep their flat as 祖屋?  every couple will want to have their own flat/apartment on their own and not stay with parents liao.  The best way is to put the kids name as beneficiary of sales proceed from the flat when parents pass on.

well, pple will realized soon that it is a diminshing "asset" now. Say you pay 700k now and 25 years down the road it will only be worth 500k...or 1.2 mio? 

will pple look at it this way? depreciation way same as car as in the end it will have "0" residual value.

if yes, then why would you invest in somethig that do not holds value?

like cars - would you go out and buy a lot cars...probably one will do right? (well some may need 2)

if i have my way, kids all stay or rent ba....keep the $$ in real "investment"....hahaha....once bitten twice shy ba....

so....question now is will the trend continue now that this not really like an "asset". Nowadays, can see the trend on cars is that people tend to rent and not outright purchase.....rent or use grab/uber....so next time, wil hosues be the same, rent and keep the $$ for overseas investment.

if rent, every 2 years can move to a "new" house.. [laugh]

I quoted the "assets" from someone bro.... [sweatdrop] and all along, thot it's an asset too but now looks like it's not!

After that, who knows, they probably need to sleep on the streets as everything is so expensive is SG.....

Like all things in SG, there is an expiry date....hence 99 years housing and 10 yrs for cars.

if we take the depreciation of cars and compute for housing, wonder how much depreciation per month ehh??

Anyway, my kids should be taken care of if they continue to stay in the HDB, but not so for thier kids....my grand children would need to buy house...that is another story altogether.... [:(]

Cars at least can extend another 10 years COE, can still pass to children.

HDB, will have to depend. If the govt allows extension of lease for certain years at discounted market price through en bloc lease extension after the 99 year lease is up, maybe can you can give to your grandchildren.

Edited by DACH
  • Praise 1

at the end of the day, we  can scream shout cry, it is beyond our control. The authorities can do what they want. They can take back even your freehold land and say for state use, you also boh pian and they pay you token sum.

On the other hand, if you knowing go against the rules of HDB, use the flat and harm others, create nuisance, this I am afraid many would not sympathetize with you them if they loose their flat.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

btw, you sure can sell at 550k? if let's say bought at 350k with 80 years left of lease....stay for 25 years, left with 55 years of lease...can see 550k?

For the above really depends how the property market behave in the next 25 years. 

As we know, 25 years ago, many people bought their HDB for around 100k. They thought it  was horribly expensive back then too. 25 years later today,  many are sold for 3x or 4x  that price.

For the above really depends how the property market behave in the next 25 years. 

As we know, 25 years ago, many people bought their HDB for around 100k. They thought it  was horribly expensive back then too. 25 years later today,  many are sold for 3x or 4x  that price.

Those who bought expensive now, dont think the price will become 3x or 4x when they sell 10 years later. I dont think if you bought a flat for $600k, next time you can sell the flat higher than $600k?!

Those who bought expensive now, dont think the price will become 3x or 4x when they sell 10 years later. I dont think if you bought a flat for $600k, next time you can sell the flat higher than $600k?!

I have the same feeling, moreover with a reduction in the remaining useful life!

this is what is frightening, why should the HDB be $500k? Land cost, potential losses costs or actual construction cost?

There are also HDB selling at $1 million, so do we want HDB to continue to climb that way? No, HDB should not be following the property market, it is for citizens to live not speculate please. want to invest buy private, government want to earn money, set up NTUC Home to build private but they have obligations to build HDB. 

whoever make money from selling their flat should stfu?

Push the price up Liao need to kpkb hope the price drop then can buy MAH.
↡ Advertisement