What actually happens when HDB confiscates your flat?

Lmws214

I have the same feeling, moreover with a reduction in the remaining useful life!

Agreed lo. 

↡ Advertisement

this is what is frightening, why should the HDB be $500k? Land cost, potential losses costs or actual construction cost?

There are also HDB selling at $1 million, so do we want HDB to continue to climb that way? No, HDB should not be following the property market, it is for citizens to live not speculate please. want to invest buy private, government want to earn money, set up NTUC Home to build private but they have obligations to build HDB.

Come to think of it Hdb is for citizens only right(some PRs of course) so it should be freehold....we citizens have a stake in this land, it is ours, so to say... and we should be here and our general should be here as well! Not some 2nd class immigrants... my feel.

Unfortunately, is not...

Come to think of it Hdb is for citizens only right(some PRs of course) so it should be freehold....we citizens have a stake in this land, it is ours, so to say... and we should be here and our general should be here as well! Not some 2nd class immigrants... my feel.

Unfortunately, is not...

Unfortunately, is not...

it need not be freehold or lease hold, you rent it till you don't need it. got too much money, buy your own private. But, loss of income by government who pay? 

this is a golden cow they are milking for 50 years

sadly how many citizens here got too much money to spare? one look you still see a lot of the unkers and aunties at the hawker center clearing trays at their old ripe age where they should be enjoying thier golden years....

means still need to slog it out to pay something ba..

Just wish to have something after paying for so much, and hand over to our next Gen..... :beaten:

• Praise 1

The next generation will have their own pad they need to work for.

Those married can get their own BTO or resales.

Single by 35 years old can also get BTO or resales.

If settle everything for next gen, what do they need to work for?

sadly how many citizens here got too much money to spare? one look you still see a lot of the unkers and aunties at the hawker center clearing trays at their old ripe age where they should be enjoying thier golden years....

means still need to slog it out to pay something ba..

Just wish to have something after paying for so much, and hand over to our next Gen..... :beaten:

• Praise 2

Save to pay more tax because eg gst increases help the poor.
  • Praise 1

Not true.

If settle everything for the next gen, most likely they will need to work very little to subsist.

They might end up paying very little future taxes. No conveyancing and transaction fees for their HDB (already passed on a plate to them). No need to earn too much as no pressure (gig economy rocks!) so very little income tax to pay as well.

Possibly end up paying more GST (as % of income) but overall paying much less GST than actual potential if left to work for his or her own property! Not much CPF accumulated upon retirement?

May have some issues in terms of national productivity. Just saying.

Save to pay more tax because eg gst increases help the poor.

Edited by Showster

means we slog for 30-40 years and got no concrete legacy to passdown to the next Gen....sad issn't it!

and the whole cycle of debt re-generation starts all over again....

what makes you think think that they have nothing to work for?....I would want my kids to study hard and take risk,... come up with ideas to move SG into the next 100 years rather than thinking of getting their own BTO and be tied down with monthly instalments and asked to take a risk also dun dare coz at month end need to pay house instalment....dun you think is sad? big chunk of money all tied down in a lease hold located in the middle of the mid air? 

i rather have the kids be daring and venture out into the unknow...and experiment with life...

• Praise 1

Not true.

If settle everything for the next gen, most likely they will need to work very little to subsist.

They might end up paying very little future taxes. No conveyancing and transaction fees for their HDB (already passed on a plate to them). No need to earn too much as no pressure (gig economy rocks!) so very little income tax to pay as well.

Possibly end up paying more GST (as % of income) but overall paying much less GST than actual potential if left to work for his or her own property! Not much CPF accumulated upon retirement?

May have some issues in terms of national productivity. Just saying.

Paying taxes is one thing. How is it going to be used is also important.

What's the point of burdening the future generations with higher taxes when the govt keeps wasting and spending absurd amounts on useless things with the taxpayers monies?

Paying taxes is one thing. How is it going to be used is also important.

What's the point of burdening the future generations with higher taxes when the govt keeps wasting and spending absurd amounts on useless things with the taxpayers monies?

especially on the salary hor.. :omg:

means we slog for 30-40 years and got no concrete legacy to passdown to the next Gen....sad issn't it!

what makes you think think that they have nothing to work for?....I would want my kids to study hard and take risk,... come up with ideas to move SG into the next 100 years rather than thinking of getting their own BTO and be tied down with monthly instalments and asked to take a risk also dun dare coz at month end need to pay house instalment....dun you think is sad? big chunk of money all tied down in a lease hold located in the middle of the mid air? 

i rather have the kids be daring and venture out into the unknow...and experiment with life...

if i am confident that my kids is so capable and independent, why would i worry about how they cope with housing or financial problem?

i am now thinking of how to kick them out of the house when they turn 25   [rolleyes]  [rolleyes]

• Praise 2

Slog for 30-40 years already pay down the HDB mortgage.

If you bought a new or relatively new HDB, there is still a good 40-50 years left on your HDB. Even if you bought an old HDB, there is still 20 years or more left on its lease.

By the time your kid really exhaust the lease experimenting on everything you can imagine, he or she will be in his / her 50s to 80s. 

You still need to provide for your grand children??? 

if i am confident that my kids is so capable and independent, why would i worry about how they cope with housing or financial problem?

i am now thinking of how to kick them out of the house when they turn 25   [rolleyes]  [rolleyes]

While your thinking, your kids are already drawing a picture of you in a old folks home. LOL 

• Praise 2

While your thinking, your kids are already drawing a picture of you in a old folks home. LOL 

honestly never thought of depending on them or staying with them   [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

You shld be very lucky if your kids still can afford to put u in old folks home by then. Lols...

Especially those only child...knn alone to bare two persons expenses in old folks home + medical bills... Sibeh siong ah!

Turbocharged

Unfortunately, is not...

↡ Advertisement