• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
489 replies to this topic | 537 praises

Posted 09 December 2015 - 10:15 PM

freedom68
  • Premium member
    freedom68
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

i am driving a 2009 Freed today... happy with it... that's why i have my heart set on the new Freed Hybrid... same ride, friendlier to the environment. 

I spoke with the guys from Autolink... the Freed cost a bit more than the Sienta... so now, they are pushing the Sienta, not the Freed. 

My concern is the after sales, especially on the battery... and other parts. One thing to get the PI to bring it in on order, another to be ready for any spares. Also, does it need to be tested by LTA like other new models?

I read the article on the 1.0L turbo... that's on the Civic and the first market seems to be Europe. Not sure if they will be used for the Freed, even JDM.  Afterall, the Freed chassis is based on Fit/Jazz, not Civic.Furthermore.its a 2017 model... maybe launched in 2016, but still some months away

Thanks for the sharing. I probably need to talk with other PIs

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 09 December 2015 - 11:51 PM

Kteokteo
  • Premium member
    Kteokteo
    1st Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

i am driving a 2009 Freed today... happy with it... that's why i have my heart set on the new Freed Hybrid... same ride, friendlier to the environment. 

I spoke with the guys from Autolink... the Freed cost a bit more than the Sienta... so now, they are pushing the Sienta, not the Freed. 

My concern is the after sales, especially on the battery... and other parts. One thing to get the PI to bring it in on order, another to be ready for any spares. Also, does it need to be tested by LTA like other new models?

I read the article on the 1.0L turbo... that's on the Civic and the first market seems to be Europe. Not sure if they will be used for the Freed, even JDM.  Afterall, the Freed chassis is based on Fit/Jazz, not Civic.Furthermore.its a 2017 model... maybe launched in 2016, but still some months away

the engine will be similar across the range, Honda announced 3 turbo engines few years ago. 1.0, 1.5 and 2.0 litre. today 1.5 Turbo already used in StepWGN. the engine block will more or less be the same, probably tuned slightly different between a sedan/hatch versus mpv. it's strange that current Freed Hybrid cost more than Sienta Hybrid? Current Freed hybrid is not full EV...still using IMA.

But i reckon the upcoming Freed Hybrid should be full EV like Vezel Hybrid.

Posted 10 December 2015 - 12:12 AM

Blooper77
  • Blooper77
    1st Gear
    Author Image

i would suggest wait for the 2016 freed.

Posted 12 February 2016 - 04:59 PM

Blooper77
  • Blooper77
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Confirmed 1.0l turbo.should be released June 2016...

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg

Posted 12 July 2016 - 03:25 PM

freedom68
  • Premium member
    freedom68
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

post-104770-0-55672000-1468212782_thumb.

http://www.honda.co....?from=topbanner

so this is the 2016 Freed... looks like a baby odyssey to me... somehow still prefer the current profile... this one a bit too bulky up front... but, it does come with the hybrid engine option... not much info from the japanese website at the moment... 

Posted 12 July 2016 - 10:13 PM

Kteokteo
  • Premium member
    Kteokteo
    1st Gear
    Author Image

yes looks like there is no 1.0 litre turbo option. a bit disappointed.

Honda JP website just mentioned 2 options, 1.5NA or 1.5 hybrid.

http://sport-car.aka...-car/post-6946/

Malaysia popular paultan.org website also mentioned similar config. But one thing it mentioned for the hybrid it is using the previous mild hybrid - IMA. If that is the case, then it will most likely not have EV mode. This is different from current hybrid Vezel and Odyssey. 

http://paultan.org/2...freed-revealed/

Posted 13 July 2016 - 07:28 AM

Hosaybo
  • Premium member
    Hosaybo
    6th Gear
    Author Image

In that case, hybrid version is not attractive for freed.

Posted 28 July 2016 - 02:00 PM

Carbon82

201606182051123bd.jpeg20160618205115844.jpeg20160618205110055.jpegFREED-new-0390.jpgFREED-new-0391.jpgFREED-new-0392.jpg201606182051291d7.jpegFREED_new_00026_201607270255339b8.jpgFREED_new_00025_20160727025531147.jpgFREED_new_00024_20160727025530f80.jpgFREED_new_00023.jpg

<!-- isHtml:1 -->Behaviour shapes attitudes, and over a period of time, solidifies into beliefs.

Posted 28 July 2016 - 06:48 PM

Heartlander
  • Heartlander
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Is the gigantic writing table gone already?

Posted 06 August 2016 - 12:33 PM

Carbon82

014_o.jpg007_o.jpg015_o.jpg010_o.jpg003_o.jpg001_o.jpg018_o.jpg017_o.jpg020_o.jpg021_o.jpg002_o.jpg004_o.jpg

Newbie26 praised this
<!-- isHtml:1 -->Behaviour shapes attitudes, and over a period of time, solidifies into beliefs.

Posted 06 August 2016 - 12:42 PM

Blooper77
  • Blooper77
    1st Gear
    Author Image

So beautiful!!!!

Posted 06 August 2016 - 12:44 PM

Porche
  • Premium member
    Porche
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Nice car

Posted 07 August 2016 - 06:44 PM

Yysiong
  • Premium member
    Yysiong
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Wow.. guess i can put off my purchase till jan 17

Edited by Yysiong, 07 August 2016 - 06:44 PM.

Posted 07 August 2016 - 07:01 PM

Bryaan
  • Premium member
    Bryaan
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Beautiful interior and spacious

Posted 07 August 2016 - 07:52 PM

Spring
Looks good but I prefer a bench middle row instead so can sit 3 but I suppose this is ideal for wheelchair bound passengers?
Angcheek, Carbon82, Mercs, Baal and Pinobii praised this
<!-- isHtml:1 -->

Posted 14 August 2016 - 01:03 AM

iphone8
  • iphone8
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

when can see real car in spore?

Posted 14 August 2016 - 08:39 AM

Carbon82

when can see real car in spore?

The car will be launched in Japan on 16 Sep, so if PI fast hand fast leg, might be able to get the first unit in their showroom by late Dec. However, with 2 - 3 months needed for LTA clearance, it might be in March 2017 that we will get to see it put in our road.

And as with most Honda model of late, demand will be high and stock / allocation might be tight in the first few months after launch. This Freed is no exception basing in the interest it has gathered online.

Edited by Carbon82, 14 August 2016 - 08:42 AM.

Posted 30 September 2016 - 04:53 PM

Diesel
  • Premium member
    Diesel
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Looks good but I prefer a bench middle row instead so can sit 3 but I suppose this is ideal for wheelchair bound passengers?

2nd row with 2 seats is a big minus - for a compact MPV category car, effectively it seats 4 + 2 without any bootspace? with a bench can still squeeze 1 more pax hahaha

Posted 30 September 2016 - 05:05 PM

Spring

2nd row with 2 seats is a big minus - for a compact MPV category car, effectively it seats 4 + 2 without any bootspace? with a bench can still squeeze 1 more pax hahaha

Agreed, that's why I never like those Captain seats in the middle row esp for this mid sized MPV cos it's a waste. At least for Ody, the 3rd row can go in 3 so not so bad but even then I prefer bench for middle row. The Jade also another middle row with 2 seats, don't know why Honda like to have this configuration.

Angcheek and Mercs praised this
<!-- isHtml:1 -->

Posted 01 October 2016 - 08:48 AM

Blooper77
  • Blooper77
    1st Gear
    Author Image

I went for the 8 seater last round...

Back to Japanese Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users