2016 2nd Generation Honda Freed

Blooper77

Yup! Compared to Sienta, I personally feel that Freed hands down. 2000 for Honda Sense is definitely worth it.

Freed is so spacious it's possible to sit 3 on 3rd row but don't have sit-belt for that person.

I'm now considering between Prius and Freed. Both at the same price at V. Leaning towards Prius although it means 2 seat less.

↡ Advertisement

I went down to A yesterday at turf city. Freed looks and feels better to me. I like freed 3rd row seat becoz it doesnt disturb the 2nd row. Imagine if you have people sitting on the 2nd row and you need to fold the 3rd row, for sienta, you will have to ask those people to get out before you can fold the 3rd row. whereas for freed no need the hassle.

Totally agrees this statement. Personally I think the freed is better and larger in looks, but comparing Honda's and Toyota's engines, not too sure of the diff. 

Totally agrees this statement. Personally I think the freed is better and larger in looks, but comparing Honda's and Toyota's engines, not too sure of the diff.

Freed engine is more powerful than sienta thus the diff coe cat. Sienta drivetrain is CVT whereas honda is dual clutch like those in sports car.

Freed engine is more powerful than sienta thus the diff coe cat. Sienta drivetrain is CVT whereas honda is dual clutch like those in sports car.

Does this mean that Freed engine is having a advantage against Sienta?

if you don't need space for more than 5, then go for prius lor..

Yup! Compared to Sienta, I personally feel that Freed hands down. 2000 for Honda Sense is definitely worth it.
Freed is so spacious it's possible to sit 3 on 3rd row but don't have sit-belt for that person.

I'm now considering between Prius and Freed. Both at the same price at V. Leaning towards Prius although it means 2 seat less.

I am definitely going for Honda Sensing. in fact, i strike out cars which do not have this option.

13888, thats the cheapest liao, compare to A 109888 is suppose. Wonder is it worth for the 2k on Honda sense. Anyone of you booked the ride already?

I take old school comparison between these 2 brands. Toyota is super duper reliable, but dead boring to drive. Honda is reliable, but more fun to drive.

Finally book a Prius yesterday.

Was having problem sleeping a few nights thinking between Freed and Prius. Think we need the 7 Seater only later.

That said, if anyone is looking for Freed, I highly recommend the SE that help me in V. Car arriving early March.

Now just hope the COE and everything else goes well.

Does this mean that Freed engine is having a advantage against Sienta?

Yes definitely. Goin down to turf city this week to have a final look and decide. Thinking between the pertol vs hybrid... any thoughts?

Yes definitely. Goin down to turf city this week to have a final look and decide. Thinking between the pertol vs hybrid... any thoughts?

Although I'm didn't get Freed in the end, I never really consider the petrol one.

The price difference is not that big but Hybrid version of Freed not only have better FC but other improvements (like rear disc brake instead of drum. The dashboard is also nicer in my opinion). If you drive a lot, the savings in petrol will offset it really quickly. 

That said, you'll get lesser when you scrap your car due to the rebate you get from hybrid car. But thats a small difference 10 years later.

Neutral Newbie

Hi folks, I find there are no discussion of Honda freed in the Facebook group, quite inactive since a long time.

I thinking of starting a what apps group chat to discuss, not sure if yours folks is keen, interested one may pm me your numbers so we can start some where :) hear you

I'm new to this forum, how to PM u to join the WhatsApp group?

I read that the ground clearance is 135mm which is very low if not the lowest i have seen among the MPVs. Also the space behind seems limited if the 3rd row seats are up. I thinking if a road trip north witn 6 adults will cause any issue. E.g. undercarriage knocks and no space for luggage. Otherwise the car is very appealing.

Edited by Gnomish

do a calculation based on fuel consumption.. you will find a point whereby it is more value for money to drive a hybrid. if you dun pass that point, then consider the petrol.
remember to factor in cell replacement/repair as well.

my choice is quite straight forward, i will go with hybrid.

yes there is only about 27cm of depth when the 3rd row seats are up. at this price point, if you need boot space even when 3rd row seats are up, i think toyota wish should be your best bet.

solution i can think of for my situation is (5 pax), 1 seat up for a 20" luggage behind. 2nd row middle a small luggage.

I read that the ground clearance is 135mm which is very low if not the lowest i have seen among the MPVs. Also the space behind seems limited if the 3rd row seats are up. I thinking if a road trip north witn 6 adults will cause any issue. E.g. undercarriage knocks and no space for luggage. Otherwise the car is very appealing.

do a calculation based on fuel consumption.. you will find a point whereby it is more value for money to drive a hybrid. if you dun pass that point, then consider the petrol.

remember to factor in cell replacement/repair as well.

my choice is quite straight forward, i will go with hybrid.

My money also on Hybrid. Lolz. 

Although I'm didn't get Freed in the end, I never really consider the petrol one.

The price difference is not that big but Hybrid version of Freed not only have better FC but other improvements (like rear disc brake instead of drum. The dashboard is also nicer in my opinion). If you drive a lot, the savings in petrol will offset it really quickly. 

That said, you'll get lesser when you scrap your car due to the rebate you get from hybrid car. But thats a small difference 10 years later.

So end of the day you brought from V? mind share the package given? like the offer price and interests rate. 

So end of the day you brought from V? mind share the package given? like the offer price and interests rate. 

Hi @simrbn, I PMed you. Let me know if you like to know anything else. :)