Reasonable Priced Used Cars Spotted 2018

Freeder

Many car owners love to give these reasons to justify buying a car. But the fact is that if really buy those kind of budget cars, might as well just take public transport. Our public transport is quite good and singapore is so small that travelling from one place to another by public transport isn't that much slower than car or in certain situations even faster.

my main reason for buying a car is for my young kids. even when we had only one kid, we still made do with public transport, but found it far more convenient to have a car when our 2nd one came along. 

it is possible and i know many families do use public transport with 2 or more young kids, but i'm glad that i am fortunate enough to be able to afford a car and provide for my family at this stage of life. so i think there is still a market for budget cars. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7

my main reason for buying a car is for my young kids. even when we had only one kid, we still made do with public transport, but found it far more convenient to have a car when our 2nd one came along. 

it is possible and i know many families do use public transport with 2 or more young kids, but i'm glad that i am fortunate enough to be able to afford a car and provide for my family at this stage of life. so i think there is still a market for budget cars. 

if i don't drive, i won't really bring my kids out that often. haha just a lazy lao peh  [:p]

if i don't drive, i won't really bring my kids out that often. haha just a lazy lao peh  [:p]

ya man... even with a car, i still lazy to bring my kids out... i'm worse than you haha... 

if i dont own a car, it's my kids who wont wanna go out. they r even lazier than me  [grin]

• Praise 1

Agree with you totally.

I only bring my 2 kids on short trips to the neighbourhood mall on feeder bus for dinner and walkaround.

Long trips on public transport? No way.

• Praise 2

i can help you bring your kids out haha. my only child very lonely ...

If one is not fussy, you can have a 1000cc Perodua Kenari  or Kelisa (Toyota engine) at just $5K dep a year. Road tax is affordable at $300+ a year

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=698883&DL=2929

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=702277&DL=2960

Sure beats taking public transport. [thumbsup]

Very reliable with tonnes of cheap spare parts up North, unlike the China made cars.

Edited by Vinceng
  • Praise 3

(edited)

Well... not everyone can afford this.

This is Radx’s weekend car.. Edited by Freeder
  • Praise 7

i can help you bring your kids out haha. my only child very lonely ...

no cousins? 

Open factory and produce another brother/sister  [laugh]

no cousins? 

Open factory and produce another brother/sister  [laugh]

cousin gap very big over 10yrs different. 

factory closed down already cos no result for 7yrs. 

think of adopt but Queen reject.

then wan to ask Xiao San help but scare many problem hahahha

• Praise 2

Many car owners love to give these reasons to justify buying a car. But the fact is that if really buy those kind of budget cars, might as well just take public transport. Our public transport is quite good and singapore is so small that travelling from one place to another by public transport isn't that much slower than car or in certain situations even faster.

U again?

U really don't get it

Actually what's wrong with people buying budget cars, if they can afford it?

Just like flying budget airlines, or buy budget smartphones, what's really wrong doing that?

Since Singapore is so small, is it really effective doing multiple transfers and jostling with the crowds, somemore carrying bulk just to go to a place of such short distances? The distance from East to West is hardly an hour drive.

• Praise 4

any opinion on this prado? considered cheap compared to new car.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=678063&DL=252

i thought this is also quite cheap:

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=706855&DL=1245

These are COE cars so essentially you are only paying for the renewed COE and the foregone PARF Rebate. Because the engines are big, you will have very high operating costs,  upto 150% road tax, annual inspection etc. Because the cars are more than 10 years old, your are likely to have high maintenance and repair costs. 

So they are not really comparable to the "cheap" Teana that TS found.

These are COE cars so essentially you are only paying for the renewed COE and the foregone PARF Rebate. Because the engines are big, you will have very high operating costs,  upto 150% road tax, annual inspection etc. Because the cars are more than 10 years old, your are likely to have high maintenance and repair costs. 

So they are not really comparable to the "cheap" Teana that TS found.

The COE was renewed at $46K, so if the buyer intends to scrap anytime, he gets back  a high paper value.

Advantage of such cars is that with 8+ more years to go, you can do a top engine overhaul and replace all wear and tear parts and drive with peace of mind for the next 8 years +. If condition is no good, doubt COE would be renewed for 10 yrs.

The Teana has just a year more to drive – in a nowhere here nor there situation – good if it does not break down and if it does - not cost effective to replace parts.

A Toyota is indestructible – so much more  this RAV4 is made in Japan, not Thailand.

Edited by Vinceng
  • Praise 1

The COE was renewed at $46K, so if the buyer intends to scrap anytime, he gets back  a high paper value.

Advantage of such cars is that with 8+ more years to go, you can do a top engine overhaul and replace all wear and tear parts and drive with peace of mind for the next 8 years +. If condition is no good, doubt COE would be renewed for 10 yrs.

The Teana has just a year more to drive – in a nowhere here nor there situation – good if it does not break down and if it does - not cost effective to replace parts.

A Toyota is indestructible – so much more  this RAV4 is made in Japan, not Thailand.

Ya, the Rav4 is pretty good @ 55k if the mileage is reasonable.

At punggol safra couple of months ago and there were used car sales there. COEd Estima with close to 10 years COE left cost $95k. They fixed up all the upholstery, change the front bumper to new aeras front, and even have new car smell inside. Worth it? I think have warranty also.

• Praise 1

At punggol safra couple of months ago and there were used car sales there. COEd Estima with close to 10 years COE left cost $95k. They fixed up all the upholstery, change the front bumper to new aeras front, and even have new car smell inside. Worth it? I think have warranty also.

if u search in sgacarmart, there r cheaper ones on sale. less than 90k...like this

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=687780&DL=2469

↡ Advertisement