Reasonable Priced Used Cars Spotted 2018

Freeder

Remember to factor in the additional road tax for COE cars when you are doing your sums.

2.4L or 3.5L road tax for COE car not cheap hor.

At punggol safra couple of months ago and there were used car sales there. COEd Estima with close to 10 years COE left cost $95k. They fixed up all the upholstery, change the front bumper to new aeras front, and even have new car smell inside. Worth it? I think have warranty also.

If I were you, mileage would be secondary consideration.

The most important is the mechanical condition of the car.

80k low mileage but inside engine all sludge because owner stinge on oil changes, compared to 180k high mileage but well maintained, which would you choose?

finally some helpful comments here. thanks to the last few posters here, appreciated!

in the market for SUV to house growing brood and parents, roomy 5 seater or 7 seater will work ideally. new cars not many options...the likes of CX-9, X-trail, CRV, XC90 are very pricey too, so seeing used car market see if got reasonable deals. may go for non-COEd cars too. but the significatly lower depreciation costs for COEd cars...is it too good to be true? rav4 at 6.6k, thats easily 5k cheaper i figured....the prado isn't cheap for 10yr old car, but guess i have a soft spot since i always wanted to drive one. 

my friends tell me even mileage in cars can be "tweaked"...is that true? how to mitigate against that if i bring the car to my own mechanic for inspection?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

This must change, else problems will never improve.

Not easy to change or nobody want to change anything, this is the problem on many things here, thats why never improve.

I'm sure your office doesn't have pretty girls to look at [laugh]

thats y. i jus don understand why. some days really got nothing to do....all sit in office i look at u, u look at me. some worse, cant even go coffee break. thats y for now, they don even hv to allow working from home. reporting to office a bit later will b a gd start. 

I'm sure your office doesn't have pretty girls to look at [laugh]

majority men. look front men, look right men, look left men, look behind men. want pretty girls need to go down smoke or coffee break.  [laugh]

I figured as much [laugh]

majority men. look front men, look right men, look left men, look behind men. want pretty girls need to go down smoke or coffee break.  [laugh]

Can afford then ok la. Like i said earlier, I meant those that really can't afford but stretch themselves and sacrifice many other things just to buy a basic B&B car. Personally, I feel that $10-15k can be put to better use especially for families with kids. I have a few friends who sacrifice many things and always say no money to bring their kids for outings and holidays, but they have a car. Lol.

My previous company tried. They had a trial run and some departments were allowed to have flexible work hours and spend most of their working hours working from home. But after the trial no more already. So I guess not feasible yet? 

less so now. but if sars hit ever again. would u prefer work from home? or the fact no one even bothered to have that ability?

Many years back, I had an idiotic colleague who Kanna TB. Told to stay away from the office. But continue to come to work.

Hosay liao. Office quarantine.

Edited by Sdf4786k

Errrr ... anyone interested to buy a 2.5 yr old PML F10 @ 170K . 

Testing water ... not adv hor  :D

Edited by Angcheek
  • Praise 2

hey guys, if a car is coming near to 10 years, it is better to de-register it or just sell it to a car dealer?

Which one will get more $$?

hey guys, if a car is coming near to 10 years, it is better to de-register it or just sell it to a car dealer?

sell to Uber driver 

• Praise 2

give to me i give you blessings...money cannot buy blessings [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

Not very value,eh?

If you need a 1.2L car to just pta ptb, then attrage at 7/9k more is better.

How to compared the Attrage comfort with a Teana. Not forgetting the smoothness of the 2.5L V6 engine.

Space too. And dont forget the Teana has got massage seats.

How to compared the Attrage comfort with a Teana. Not forgetting the smoothness of the 2.5L V6 engine.

• Praise 1

Plus ottoman seat for front passenger..

Last but not least, got Auto window shade for the back..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1