• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
42 replies to this topic | 86 praises

Posted 09 January 2018 - 08:46 PM

dcb
  • Premium member
    dcb
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Any recommendation other then classic auto leather? Their business too good already.

Hyundai Accent 2003, Honda GD1 Jazz 2004, Honda GE6 FIT 2008, Volkswagen Polo 6R 2012, Mazda 2 DJ Deluxe 2015............

Posted 09 January 2018 - 10:47 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Reason ppl don't want to do it is becoz the stitching is too labour intensive. 3-4 hrs is needed to do just one steering wheel. To them it's not cost effective. If the steering wheel is needed to be removed to shove part of the leather in hard to reach places they lagi won't do.

Either you buy from taobao or aliexpress and DIY stitching or

just buy a cover and get it over with.

Anyway a lot of ppl can't even do the cover also. LoL...

If you hear ppl say the cover is shifting about means they bought an oversize wan. Fitting one will be quite stiff and difficult to install. Use a measuring tape to measure the wheel diameter and buy according to size. The trick is to heat and soften the cover. When you stop the car chuck the cover into the engine bay and cover it for about 15-20 mins and let the heat soften it. Wear gloves and start putting the cover over the wheel. Once it's soften it's easy to install and adjust. Once done switch on the engine and aircon and let it cool.

Removing it is the same. Park your car in the hot sun to soften the cover.

Edited by Watwheels, 09 January 2018 - 10:49 PM.

Buadongdong and 1 Anonymous member praised this
I want to be a nice person but....there are just too many people around who are not smart.

Posted 10 January 2018 - 09:51 AM

BabyBlade

Any recommendation other then classic auto leather? Their business too good already.

Then Leather Singapore?

https://www.facebook...atherSingapore/

dcb praised this
I like my hair messy, my life high, and my soul wild.

Posted 10 January 2018 - 10:46 AM

dcb
  • Premium member
    dcb
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Down time too many days liao. Need the car for work.  [bigcry]

Then Leather Singapore?

https://www.facebook...atherSingapore/

Its not people don't wanna do it. In fact all are willing to take in this business just that schedules doesn't meet. Already spoke to LGS, Godsford, Classic auto leather, Then leather.

Reason ppl don't want to do it is becoz the stitching is too labour intensive. 3-4 hrs is needed to do just one steering wheel. To them it's not cost effective. If the steering wheel is needed to be removed to shove part of the leather in hard to reach places they lagi won't do.

Either you buy from taobao or aliexpress and DIY stitching or

just buy a cover and get it over with.

Anyway a lot of ppl can't even do the cover also. LoL...

If you hear ppl say the cover is shifting about means they bought an oversize wan. Fitting one will be quite stiff and difficult to install. Use a measuring tape to measure the wheel diameter and buy according to size. The trick is to heat and soften the cover. When you stop the car chuck the cover into the engine bay and cover it for about 15-20 mins and let the heat soften it. Wear gloves and start putting the cover over the wheel. Once it's soften it's easy to install and adjust. Once done switch on the engine and aircon and let it cool.

Removing it is the same. Park your car in the hot sun to soften the cover.

Hyundai Accent 2003, Honda GD1 Jazz 2004, Honda GE6 FIT 2008, Volkswagen Polo 6R 2012, Mazda 2 DJ Deluxe 2015............

Posted 10 January 2018 - 10:57 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

TS couldn't take the hint.

I want to be a nice person but....there are just too many people around who are not smart.

Posted 10 January 2018 - 11:11 AM

dcb
  • Premium member
    dcb
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Sorry what hint?

TS couldn't take the hint.

Posted 10 January 2018 - 12:07 PM

kdash
  • Premium member
    kdash
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Sorry what hint?

he hinting for you to DIY, since schedules tak match... 

can refer to this thread for your consideration, some MCFers have DIY-ed... 

http://www.mycarforu...ne/?hl=steering

Sienta X 2009, Sienta Hybrid X 2017
PSA: Get car cam if you still have not done so...
PSA2: Apply for vCashcard...

Posted 10 January 2018 - 12:13 PM

dcb
  • Premium member
    dcb
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Nah, i want things to be done nicely. Not a DIY kinda person.

he hinting for you to DIY, since schedules tak match... 

can refer to this thread for your consideration, some MCFers have DIY-ed... 

http://www.mycarforu...ne/?hl=steering

kdash praised this

Posted 10 January 2018 - 06:00 PM

Mockngbrd
  • Mockngbrd
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Classic auto? sucks man. haha. 

dcb praised this
Garage36.com

Posted 10 January 2018 - 09:03 PM

dcb
  • Premium member
    dcb
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Where do you recommend?

Classic auto? sucks man. haha. 

Posted 10 January 2018 - 09:41 PM

Mockngbrd
  • Mockngbrd
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Value for $$$, I like 8cushion.
So far have tried Classic Auto (expensive and sucks), Robson (expensive but not bad), 8cushion (so far my pick).

My friends swear by Sin Hock Heng but the wait list is long and is also not cheap.

But depend on what u wrap also la, see if can buy online a new one cheaper or not. Nothing beats factory wrap.

Edited by Mockngbrd, 10 January 2018 - 09:43 PM.

Garage36.com

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:42 AM

dcb
  • Premium member
    dcb
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Value for $$$, I like 8cushion.
So far have tried Classic Auto (expensive and sucks), Robson (expensive but not bad), 8cushion (so far my pick).

My friends swear by Sin Hock Heng but the wait list is long and is also not cheap.

But depend on what u wrap also la, see if can buy online a new one cheaper or not. Nothing beats factory wrap.

Wen to Innova leather to have my steering wheel wrapped.

Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:27 PM

RogerNg_185295
  • Premium member
    RogerNg_185295
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Can show us the photos?

Wen to Innova leather to have my steering wheel wrapped.

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:37 PM

dcb
  • Premium member
    dcb
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

IMG_0802.jpg

Can show us the photos?

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:42 PM

RogerNg_185295
  • Premium member
    RogerNg_185295
    5th Gear
    Author Image

IMG_0802.jpg

Warranty how long?
dcb praised this

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:43 PM

dcb
  • Premium member
    dcb
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Wah i dunno got warranty one. I will ask.

Warranty how long?

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:23 PM

dcb
  • Premium member
    dcb
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Seats have 1 year warranty but not steering wheel.

Warranty how long?

Posted 07 February 2018 - 12:35 AM

BookerDyeno
  • BookerDyeno
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

WOW, thats a good price for custom work, especially with leather. I may have to look into them. Thanks.

Posted 15 February 2018 - 02:56 PM

dcb
  • Premium member
    dcb
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Forget about them la.

are you having classic as an option ?

Posted 21 February 2018 - 09:28 AM

B2bhigh
  • B2bhigh
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

go FB seach under wheelskinz

dcb praised this

Back to Accessories  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

AutoSprint Pte Ltd

AutoSprint Pte Ltd  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by BennyEd  |  2nd Gear

Have my servicing with Autospring... I shall say I am really impressed by their amazing customer service! Rarely come across such a clean and safe working environment! They have a superb customer lounge for you to relax and have some coffee while waiting for the car to be done! Thank You Mr Bryan, Thank You Mr Thomas & Thank You AutoSprint Staff! » Read More

Auto Image Pte Ltd

Auto Image Pte Ltd  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Ganesh_187788  |  Neutral Newbie

Re-wrapped the seats and dashboard for my Toyota Camry (2007) model. Fantastic job by Joleen and her team. Right from the day I went down to discuss what needs to be done. Till the day I collected my car, extremely new look, and workmanship is very well done. Would definitely recommend my friends and relatives to Auto Image PTE LTD for their vehicle upholstery. Great jo... » Read More

Related Motor Directory search on sgCarMart.com : Upholstery - Seats & Tops

Quick Reply

Tags: leather, upholstery, steering and 2 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users