Steering leather wrapping

dcb

Turbocharged

Any recommendation other then classic auto leather? Their business too good already.

↡ Advertisement

Reason ppl don't want to do it is becoz the stitching is too labour intensive. 3-4 hrs is needed to do just one steering wheel. To them it's not cost effective. If the steering wheel is needed to be removed to shove part of the leather in hard to reach places they lagi won't do.

Either you buy from taobao or aliexpress and DIY stitching or

just buy a cover and get it over with.

Anyway a lot of ppl can't even do the cover also. LoL...

If you hear ppl say the cover is shifting about means they bought an oversize wan. Fitting one will be quite stiff and difficult to install. Use a measuring tape to measure the wheel diameter and buy according to size. The trick is to heat and soften the cover. When you stop the car chuck the cover into the engine bay and cover it for about 15-20 mins and let the heat soften it. Wear gloves and start putting the cover over the wheel. Once it's soften it's easy to install and adjust. Once done switch on the engine and aircon and let it cool.

Removing it is the same. Park your car in the hot sun to soften the cover.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

Down time too many days liao. Need the car for work.  [bigcry]

Its not people don't wanna do it. In fact all are willing to take in this business just that schedules doesn't meet. Already spoke to LGS, Godsford, Classic auto leather, Then leather.

Reason ppl don't want to do it is becoz the stitching is too labour intensive. 3-4 hrs is needed to do just one steering wheel. To them it's not cost effective. If the steering wheel is needed to be removed to shove part of the leather in hard to reach places they lagi won't do.

Either you buy from taobao or aliexpress and DIY stitching or

just buy a cover and get it over with.

Anyway a lot of ppl can't even do the cover also. LoL...

If you hear ppl say the cover is shifting about means they bought an oversize wan. Fitting one will be quite stiff and difficult to install. Use a measuring tape to measure the wheel diameter and buy according to size. The trick is to heat and soften the cover. When you stop the car chuck the cover into the engine bay and cover it for about 15-20 mins and let the heat soften it. Wear gloves and start putting the cover over the wheel. Once it's soften it's easy to install and adjust. Once done switch on the engine and aircon and let it cool.

Removing it is the same. Park your car in the hot sun to soften the cover.

Value for $$$, I like 8cushion.

So far have tried Classic Auto (expensive and sucks), Robson (expensive but not bad), 8cushion (so far my pick).

My friends swear by Sin Hock Heng but the wait list is long and is also not cheap.

But depend on what u wrap also la, see if can buy online a new one cheaper or not. Nothing beats factory wrap.

Edited by Mockngbrd

Turbocharged

Value for $$$, I like 8cushion.

So far have tried Classic Auto (expensive and sucks), Robson (expensive but not bad), 8cushion (so far my pick).

My friends swear by Sin Hock Heng but the wait list is long and is also not cheap.

But depend on what u wrap also la, see if can buy online a new one cheaper or not. Nothing beats factory wrap.

Wen to Innova leather to have my steering wheel wrapped.