Steering leather wrapping

dcb

Whahahaha wonder who anonymously dislike my steering wheel post. Don't dare disclose identity. [smash][wave]

what for sia... not done well enough?
↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Haha saying my leather wrapped steering is too thick. I think he meant it LOOKS too thick for him/her. [smash]  :a-good:  :a-bang:  :a-happy:   :a-noway:  :a-confused:

what for sia... not done well enough?

• Praise 2

Haha saying my leather wrapped steering is too thick. I think he meant it LOOKS too thick for him/her. [smash]:a-good::a-bang::a-happy::a-noway::a-confused:

this is a personal preference what... anyway just ignore... praise you tomorrow to balance
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Haha of course ignore. Just wondering which member so boliao.

this is a personal preference what... anyway just ignore... praise you tomorrow to balance

Reason ppl don't want to do it is becoz the stitching is too labour intensive. 3-4 hrs is needed to do just one steering wheel. To them it's not cost effective. If the steering wheel is needed to be removed to shove part of the leather in hard to reach places they lagi won't do.

Either you buy from taobao or aliexpress and DIY stitching or

just buy a cover and get it over with.

Anyway a lot of ppl can't even do the cover also. LoL...

If you hear ppl say the cover is shifting about means they bought an oversize wan. Fitting one will be quite stiff and difficult to install. Use a measuring tape to measure the wheel diameter and buy according to size. The trick is to heat and soften the cover. When you stop the car chuck the cover into the engine bay and cover it for about 15-20 mins and let the heat soften it. Wear gloves and start putting the cover over the wheel. Once it's soften it's easy to install and adjust. Once done switch on the engine and aircon and let it cool.

Removing it is the same. Park your car in the hot sun to soften the cover.

Down time too many days liao. Need the car for work

go FB seach under wheelskinz

Hu B2bhigh,

Ya .. swee swee customised rewrap in tiong nappa with markers for my forester xt to match the implanted wrx sti limited seats.

Cheers.

Richard

post-149594-0-96520500-1553119005_thumb.jpg

Edited by richard_crl032
  • Praise 2

Btw, it takes about 2.5 hrs for bro Wheelskinz to weave his magic into your new leather wrap for <200 nia and he can do it on site for tens of dollars more so that you can watch your movie and get it done by the time the movie ends.

• Praise 1

Btw, it takes about 2.5 hrs for bro Wheelskinz to weave his magic into your new leather wrap for <200 nia and he can do it on site for tens of dollars more so that you can watch your movie and get it done by the time the movie ends.

His workmanship is really good. Worth the praise!

• Praise 2