Android Phones

zipping

That's is the reason i don't trade in my old phones. Firstly, most android phones have no value after 2 years. Your current flagship now is probably a mid tier in 2 years, so most dealers export them and the price they buy in is not worth it. Second is the data inside. My first galaxy s and the subsequent S3 do not have much personal data in it as E-payment isn't that popular back then. But my current phones have all my bank data. It is possible to hack even though you "delete" everything, something like your HDD. Although there are 2nd layer of security protection now like otp, i rather keep my old phones. My S3 is for me to try flashing new rom, G3 is my alarm clock and web surfing in the bedroom.  [laugh]  The V20, when retired, will be my portable music player due to the build-in quad dac. 

If you want min cash outlay, i suggest you look at the nova3i if you are not a heavy user. I bought one for my dad after some research. Beautiful phone but camera is a tad weak at night. The AI found on other huawei flagships is also on the nova 3i. It's quite a fun camera to play with. Don't worry on the processor. So far, i see that it is more than sufficient for average use. In fact, a slower processor uses less power, so phones with a mid tier processor will have better battery life. 

Seriously, is it so unsafe to trade-in or sell off old phones? cannot be right? if really so, i'm sure a lot of people richer than me, will have lost trillions of dollars in the years gone by...

aiyoh, dowan lah. I have 6 pax at home, everytime keep spare phones, my place will be like a bookie office after a few years... [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement

Seriously, is it so unsafe to trade-in or sell off old phones? cannot be right? if really so, i'm sure a lot of people richer than me, will have lost trillions of dollars in the years gone by...

aiyoh, dowan lah. I have 6 pax at home, everytime keep spare phones, my place will be like a bookie office after a few years... [sweatdrop]

the typical men on the street will have no intention or knowledge to hack and recover back old phone data... u will have to be very unlucky for your old phone to be exploited.. 

tough decision...

apart from the specs,

just checked the prices for ST recontract. The prices aren't v attractive actually. In fact, for the cheapest combo 1 plan, it's a joke cos the recontract price for most phones, is higher than buying a new phone at some shop...

Mate 20 pro price is $230 more than note 9, so i guess will stick note 9...

Consider sim only. More worthwhile.

The only Android phone right now that got me to turn my head is the ASUS ROG phone. The rest are just....meh.

It's a gaming phone. But if you were to look at the review in Youtube it simply blows every phone including the iphone out of the competition. It's close to as good as a portable gaming console and it is also an Android phone.

Only obstacle is it most likely dont come with a contract with any of the telcos. Its price tag is over the 1K mark.

• Praise 1

Mi 8 lite is selling at $328 at Qoo10.. I think for this price range is the most value for money. Can discount further if you have coupon  and gift card, shopback.

• Praise 1

If I need a larger phone for basic usage such as calls, Google, camera, and drama apps. Between Xiaomi Mi mix 2, Mi 8 and Mi 8 Lite which is a better buy. Is Xiaomi buttons similar to Samsung? Before my current iphone 7+, i used Samsung, Is it easy to manoeuvre? Thanks all for the informations, I’m not phone savvy lol

Mi 8 lite is selling at $328 at Qoo10.. I think for this price range is the most value for money. Can discount further if you have coupon  and gift card, shopback.

Mi 8 lite sounds like a good deal? So between oppo and xiaomi phone, is xiaomi phone better? 

Most of the phones are pretty good. Of course what you pay is what you get except you pay more for branding.

After switching from iphone to Android i never look back. The only reason if i ever buy iphone is when it is dirt cheap compare to Android

• Praise 1

Most of the phones are pretty good. Of course what you pay is what you get except you pay more for branding.

After switching from iphone to Android i never look back. The only reason if i ever buy iphone is when it is dirt cheap compare to Android

On the contrary, I am getting tired of Android and want to switch back to Apple.  [laugh]

SONY, Nokia, HTC all do not offer good alternatives for my dying phone.  [laugh]

On the contrary, I am getting tired of Android and want to switch back to Apple. [laugh]

SONY, Nokia, HTC all do not offer good alternatives for my dying phone. [laugh]

Why tired of android phone?

iphone cannot be dirt cheap de.

If I need a larger phone for basic usage such as calls, Google, camera, and drama apps. Between Xiaomi Mi mix 2, Mi 8 and Mi 8 Lite which is a better buy. Is Xiaomi buttons similar to Samsung? Before my current iphone 7+, i used Samsung, Is it easy to manoeuvre? Thanks all for the informations, I’m not phone savvy lol

4 hp, just go 2 e shop n play around w e phones to get some feel (e specs different also)....as for buttons, it's customize-able (mostly)

Using for 5 years already.

Getting tired sticking to the same OS.

What exactly do you want your phone to be different? When it iw different, you will complain difficult to use and not user friendly. Haha
↡ Advertisement