Android Phones

zipping

Why xiaomi phones all relegated to mum/wife phone?  :D

cos today, oneplus 8gb ram + 128gb is having flash sale on lazada, i think it's $749 discounted from 850 (should be local set based on pricing)  [:p]

only good sellers will tell u these.

Unfortunately the main export mi8 set seller in sg is not a good one lol.

Peace of mind = more x.....buy fr Xiaomi official shop or official Xiaomi lazada online shop. (lazada hav a 14day (iirc) refund policy which e physical shop dun hav....i manage to claim a 100% refund for one of my xiaomi hp purchase fr lazada within e 14day period)

Cheaper = buy online....

but u need chk whether is China or International set (models in SG official Xiaomi shops will confirm hav both china n international models, if you r looking for a model not sold by e SG official xiaomi shop, you need to b more careful as to whether e set hav not reached our shores yet or whether e international version not released by xiaomi yet)

Some models dun hav international set or e actual international set from xiaomi not out yet, e importers flash 3rd party ROM onto e china sets 4 u and sell as "international" set or "Install Google Play store onto China sets" ... these will normally b "unsealed sets"

(even if e international set is alr released, some online sellers are still selling these "unsealed box" international set)

So u need to chk whether e international sets are actually "international set fr Xiaomi" (Sealed sets) or "Flashed 3rd party ROM sets" or "Google Play store installed onto china set" (normally e sets are unsealed)

Then there is warranty, izzit oni fr e seller? or can claim warranty but need sent to china? or can claim warranty fr SG xiaomi service centre?

e popular sellers online normally would hav these questions asked n answered......but u can chk w them again.

Some of e popular online sellers hav shop fronts here, u can go visit them to chk also.

My 2¢ and sorry 4 being looong winded.

Actually I was looking for something better like Mi XS or will wait for the pocophone F1. But heck la, so cheap. Spoil also nevermind :D

pocophone f1 already in sg. Just that probably not offered by the telcos yet.

$480 for the 128gb version local set.

Your line is which line? $3 very cheap, I also want :grin:

I go in see already. Even $42 line also free

I hoping they have redmi note 5 pro

That one 6gb ram

Hoping to get for my dad

My line is the Lite+

Recontracted my plan with M1 and got the Redmi Note 5 64GB at just $3, after offsetting from existing M1 rewards points. Phone and camera is surprisingly good, 4000 Mah battery should provide more than enough juice for an average user like me. With China phones nowadays, it makes me wonder if the iPhone XS is really worth its exorbitant pricing?

I also using Redmi Note 5 64gb since June, cheap and good!  [thumbsup]

Got mine at $288 without contract.

• Praise 2

Why xiaomi phones all relegated to mum/wife phone?  :D

cos iPhone is for little 3 mah ...  [laugh]

but seriously, from a value for money perspective, Xiaomi phones are really unbeatable :-

- Qualcomm chipset

- big capacity battery

- heaps of RAM

- minimal bloatware

- decent camera and screen

mums/wives will enjoy using a Xiaomi. MIL included too  [;)]

• Praise 2

Correct, its originally $28. After deducting 2500 points, it become $3 :D

@discoburg, I think I know why you get the break off liao.

Lethalstrike is lethally strike with a stalk by your EX... [laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]

• Praise 1

My line is the Lite+

Hehehehhe thanks man! I also lite+

I also using Redmi Note 5 64gb since June, cheap and good! [thumbsup]

Got mine at $288 without contract.

I greedy, I want redmi note 5 pro at $28 :grin:
  • Praise 1

I recontract Starhub my old plan to M Plan, Free Huawei Nova 2 Lite - but in Hub Club, gotta pay $100 for 1 year recontract. Overall still a good deal I guess.

M plan now weekend unlimited Data - in the car my 2 kids join my phone hot spot whack till 2Gig plus in 1 journey haha

Good info bro. If only she will buy a Samsung, solve all problems.

if all else fails...buy fr e official shop. (slightly more x than online non-official shops...mayb abt ~$50-$80)

but easi to chk on e online shops....as i mention, in e QnA section in lazada, e popular shops would hav been asked n answered most of e queries, or just call e shops to ask.

even on e official shop Xiaomi easi 2-3x cheaper than Samsung (depending on model) eg..pocophone f1 uses 845SD (best chip currently), hav 6/128 model, hav sdcard slot, 4000mAh battery..etc cost abt ~S$500....just no NFC (Mi8 hav)...IP67/68 (nvr mention on spec sheet)

Do note that Mi8 uses e same SD processor chip as F1 and F1 cost $1xx lesser. Also Mi8 dun hav SD card slot whereas F1 hav....and Max3 hav just reach our shores which offers a even bigger screen n battery..but uses 636SD instead of 845SD.

https://www.lazada.sg/shop/mi-store

Happy shopping...and most impt...OC must like.

• Praise 5

if all else fails...buy fr e official shop. (slightly more x than online non-official shops...mayb abt ~$50-$80)

but easi to chk on e online shops....as i mention, in e QnA section in lazada, e popular shops would hav been asked n answered most of e queries, or just call e shops to ask.

even on e official shop Xiaomi easi 2-3x cheaper than Samsung (depending on model) eg..pocophone f1 uses 845SD (best chip currently), hav 6/128 model, hav sdcard slot, 4000mAh battery..etc cost abt ~S$500....just no NFC (Mi8 hav)...IP67/68 (nvr mention on spec sheet)

Do note that Mi8 uses e same SD processor chip as F1 and F1 cost $1xx lesser. Also Mi8 dun hav SD card slot whereas F1 hav....and Max3 hav just reach our shores which offers a even bigger screen n battery..but uses 636SD instead of 845SD.

No wonder they call it poco f1

Really f1

Turbocharged

Good info bro. If only she will buy a Samsung, solve all problems.

can consider LG. Does not have the bloatware of Samsung. I think LG also cheaper than Samsung for the same specs. that was some years back and I haven't compared phones for some time already.

if she likes taking photos with handphones, maybe the Huawei models with Leica lenses. the photo quality from the Thailand food thread are of good quality and taken with a Mate 10 I think.

• Praise 1

Main sigf differences between f1 and mi 8.

MI 8 has a better camera. Pocophone has no ois in the camera.

Polycarbonate back vs glass.

Nfc.

Oled screen vs ips lcd.

Both are only splash resistant. Chinese flagships except huawei usually don't have ip67/68

Pocophone is more for those who want great specs in good price phone. Mi 8 is still the better product esp if u take photos.

can consider LG. Does not have the bloatware of Samsung. I think LG also cheaper than Samsung for the same specs. that was some years back and I haven't compared phones for some time already.

if she likes taking photos with handphones, maybe the Huawei models with Leica lenses. the photo quality from the Thailand food thread are of good quality and taken with a Mate 10 I think.

That's a huawei p20pro.

LG. Very niche product. I won't bother honestly. They basically spent the last two three years in a poor strategy to keep up with Samsung. And in the end even lost to the chinese. They must be bleeding money if it wasn't for the rest of the chaebol keeping them up.

• Praise 1

She is a stubborn ass. She only wants Xiaomi which i dunno why.  :a-whiteflag:

Turbocharged

huawei n honor phones r worth considering. now my whole family has one. im using huawei mate9, wife honor 7x, dotter honor 9lite n son honor play. so far so good. any pic quality of all phones r very gd. very affordable phones with very gd specs. 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

She is a stubborn ass. She only wants Xiaomi which i dunno why.  :a-whiteflag:

she is a good wife. help you to save money. you need to buy her a nice dinner tonight. 

anyway, there is a xiaomi shop at bedok mall. near your home.

LG. Very niche product. I won't bother honestly. They basically spent the last two three years in a poor strategy to keep up with Samsung. And in the end even lost to the chinese. They must be bleeding money if it wasn't for the rest of the chaebol keeping them up.

to me, it does not matter if the mobile phone manufacturer make or lose money lah. as long as the product fits what my needs and price point, it's ok liao. not as if over the lifespan of 2 to 3 years, there needs to have massive OTA upgrades to the phone and w/o it, the phone cannot function.

• Praise 1

She is a stubborn ass. She only wants Xiaomi which i dunno why. :a-whiteflag:

She is quite progressive for a lady. Miui is the closest to ios though. I would get it for most new android users.

It has only the home screen. No app drawer

She is quite progressive for a lady. Miui is the closest to ios though. I would get it for most new android users.

It has only the home screen. No app drawer

But the beauty of Android is that we can customise...

I have gone thru Samsung, XiaoMi, LG Andoid phones..

All the while I am on Nova Launcher...

Different phone, different spec, different performance... but similar "user interface"

Guys, I looking for android phone with physical number pad for very old people

Becuase I want to install google map

Any recommendation?

↡ Advertisement